Games you own

Sacred ( :) )

oh god, thats right

i forgot i had that as well :thumbsup:

Sorry I reminded you. :sad:

*twitch*

the neverending fedex quests....

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Sacred was fun for a few days. After that, it swiftly became annoying - and I like action-rpgs.

But I did like its sense of humor - all those funny gravestone titles and such.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You kids make me feel old:

I'll only list the ones I have and still like or ones I still wish I had:

Strategy/Wargames/Empire Building

Empire (still have the old original CGA version on 3.5")

Civ, Civ II, Civ III (still play Civ II ttt, Civ III & on are becoming a grind past medeival periods)

Sim City (5.25" and still have box w/red paper security codes)

Sim City II

Sim Ant

Sim Earth

Age of Empires I & II (meh, more RTS'y and not well balanced... no likey-- billed as an Empire Builder like CIV-- LIARS)

Alpha Centuari

Risk (port of the board game)

Panzer General (still play it)

Heroes of Might and Magic IV (it's okay... also gets to be a grind, suffers from 2D pretense of 3D)

Warlords I and II (got it for map editor, but it wasn't any better than playing it -- no longer)

Master of Orion (great game) MOO II: What was I thinking? MOO III: Even Worse than MOO II!

Ascendancy: Somewhere between MOO and Civ II, great game and much better than MOOs iterations above.

RTSs/Action RPGs/Sim RPGs/FPSs:

Steel Thunder: M1 Tank Platoon (5.25") (no more, though it was a lot of fun shooting the enemy with standoff weapons.)

688 Fast Attack Sub (EGA) (no more, cannot run it w/new HW and not as much fun as it was...)

Falcon 1.0 (CGA) (no longer, but a fun flying game in it's day...)

Wing Commander (EGA) WC II (VGA)

Mechwarrior (Activision CGA, still have it on 3.5") (What can I say, the first Mechwarrior on puter.)

Mechwarrior: The Crescent Hawk's Inception (EGA) (There's nothing better than stepping on your enemy's soldiers)

Mechwarrior: The Crescent Hawk's Revenge (VGA) (ditto above and now you are sometimes a trooper)

Mechwarrior II (SVGA) still one helluva game, even by today's gaming standards, though graphics wise it's very dated.

Mechwarrior III: Plus Mercenaries Pack -- In many ways, not as fun as MW II. Definitely a buggy on release game.

Mecwarrior IV: Probably one of the best of the MW series, great game hard and challenging at times.

MechCommander II: Probably much better than MC I, and reminiscent of MW:CHR above, playwise.

Command & Conquer (pretty good and sometimes still play it -- not a big fan of clickfest RTSs)

Warcraft and WCII (pretty much same as above -- it was fun at first, then it got to be a bore...FAST)

DOOM & II (fun at first, but I actually get that vertigo from playing these types of games...)

Wolfenstein (EGA)

Call of Duty (console PSII) (very action and adrenaline pumping game, fog of war/confusion pretty good imo.)

Eye of the Beholder I & II (billed as RPG, and it sort was, just more of an Action RPG imo) Liked it, though.

cRPGs/Text RPGs:

Bard's Tale (5.25") & II: About as close to the first graphics oriented RPG in computing...

Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy (What FUN!)

Space Quest: 1--5 (These are some of the funniest and best games I have ever played-- still!)

SSIs:

• Pools of Radiance (on 5.25 & the new 3.5" disks for CGA/EGA)
  • Curse of the Azure Bonds (3.5" & EGA)
  • Secret of the Silver Blades (where you meet a pair from Krynn, one Dragonbait & human companion)
  • Pool of Darkness (this one was somewhat buggy)
  • Gateway to the Savage Frontier (I suppose if I had Hillsfar, I might have liked this better...)
  • Treasures of the Savage Frontier (buggy and quit playing it...)
  • Champions of Krynn (This was a great revamp and use of the Gold Box Engine)
  • Death Knights of Krynn
  • The Dark Queen of Krynn

Sentinel Worlds (An SF-RPG in all it's CGA glory! Actually a pretty good game in terms of gameplay and story.)

MegaTreveller (not at home so can't remember the rest of the title, a decent interpretation of the Traveller RPG, though not great-- the sequel sucked so bad I didn't buy it... Yes, even then I read reviews before buying...)

Unlimited Adventures: Forgotten Realms (the first editor to make your own RPG stories some people are still using it!)

Myst (the whole series) My wife likes this one, me, eh. It's too slow and low tension/dynamic.

Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn

NeverWinter Nights

NWN: Shadows of Undrentide

NWN: Hordes of the Underdark

NeverWinter Nights 2

I have a lot of other stuff, but those are the ones that I feel are worth mentioning. As you can see, the purchases of newer games is pretty much dead. I am a pretty solid strategy and RPG gamer. I am not into the RTSs for the overuse of Mouse Clicking and the many newer games out today are more FPS/RTS oriented and I am not much into that. I left off almost all of my console games (because I have too many to list and many of those are as much my daughter's as they are mine... I have pretty much left consoles behind. I'm into design, baby, so it's NWN2 for me at this point and nothing else...)

I have been waiting for something to come along that's really different and still plays to the strengths of RPGs, and even though NWN/2 have really great potential, they still don't have the spot at the "Ultimate Game with Toolset," Title.

regards,

dunniteowl

In all seriousness lies all lies, half truths, death, misery and the great suffering of the worlds. Embrace your seriousness, then poke it in the eye, push it down and give it a good swift kick. And in all seriousness, if you take me seriously, you're going to definitely regret it. 'Cause I'm just kidding, baby, yeah!

Omg, new dev! But where's your dev mark/bar/whatever its name is?

edit: Oh, forgot: Tell us about yourself! :sorcerer:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, not a Dev, just a Community Representative for NWN2. I am also a Moderator over at the Bioware Forums for NWN2. Additionally, I Admin and Moderate a place called: The NeverWinter Citadel Project. Like many here, I am just another Community Member who is doing his best to find ways to support the community of people who wish to use the toolset and make modules. I am also a game designer (PnP, board wargames, card games, etc...) of no great accomplishment (meaning nothing I have created has been published) and have been designing RPG worlds since 1981.

I have a complete game world based on (A)D&D 1st ed rules (I'll have to udgrade the whole dang thing now...) called P'arn `Nath. As well, I have designed an SF-RPG system modelled very loosely on some Traveller concepts as well as many of the SF stories I have read and written (again, nothing actually published -- two web published stories during my time with FRUA) titled: Far Flung Empires. I am rather fond of this endeavor, as it is what I call a Franchise Compilation System. I have a card game designed with it, board wargaming and/or table top miniatures concepts that all coordinate and correlate with the RPG system. Each of the sections can be used by themselves or in conjunction with other aspects of the game system.

I guess you could say that games and gaming are something that have consumed a major portion of my life's interests and I am about making games that I think are fun, not how marketable they might be (such is evidenced by my complete lack of current published works-- :D .) IN any case, this means that I have spent a lot of time studying history, science, game designs, scripting (in the dialogue sense) module creation concepts (in the writing for PnP sense) and have also spent a lot of time in learning the NWN/2 systems for making computer based modules.

I am now also learning to use 3DS Max R9 for 3D Modeling and hope to be able to make things that the entire Community can use and appreciate (hopefully) and my dream would be that the ultimate outcome of my love of gaming and interest in game design would lead to me being employed in the gaming industry.

Now, here's the kicker. I am 46 years old (yes, that me in my avatar) and I have had this dream (and have slowly worked towards it since I was in my early 20s) in between the RL adventure that I call My Life.

So now you know the relatively important things regarding me and this online forum (and a few others.) I hope that I can learn more from the people posting here, as I learn from others as a primary source of new information. If I might impart any wisdom or learning to others, then that would be counted as a success to me.

regards all,

dunniteowl

In all seriousness lies all lies, half truths, death, misery and the great suffering of the worlds. Embrace your seriousness, then poke it in the eye, push it down and give it a good swift kick. And in all seriousness, if you take me seriously, you're going to definitely regret it. 'Cause I'm just kidding, baby, yeah!

*Rollcage

I remember Rollcage! That was quite fun

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

It was hard for me selling some of them, that much is true. But right now I don't miss them one bit.

You'll miss them someday, I know that I have been glad I've kept my hands on things, especially when i need to referance something... The thing with games is, once they've hit budget for a few years you ain't gunna be able to get your hands on it again, unless you're lucky.

Unless you plan to keep them for posterity, perhaps to hand onto your descendants or similar, I can't really see the point in keeping games past the point where you are unlikely to play them. I suppose eventually, if kept in good condition, they might fetch a higher price, but then you are still selling them.

I'm still holding on Descent to Undermountain, hoping for a playable patch. :teehee:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I can understand getting rid of some games. Looking at my PC shelf, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Call of Duty 2, Country-Strike Condition Zero, Dungeon Siege, Everquest II, Fable, Final Fantasy XI, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Myst V: End of Ages, Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, Unreal Tournament 2003, and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes are all games I could very very easily do without.

Some games I have are older than all of them and I wouldn't give up for anything. My 10 copies of Super Mario Bros (rough estimate), Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Games I toss are typically the ones that I played for an hour or six, said either "gah! hate it" or the less strong criticism of plain ol'"zzzzzz" and never returned to try it again.

I may not finish, to the very end, a lot of games I've bought, but I have tried almost all of them. Which probably means I had too much free time, once.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You kids make me feel old:

I'll only list the ones I have and still like or ones I still wish I had:

I was going to say, you couldn't still be holding a copy of HHGttG, and the Space Quests!

So this is your virtual list of games?

I would have mentioned the text adventures, like Zork and the Colossal Cave adventure (XYZZY!) which I played on the Apple ][. :cat:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Zork is awesome. Apparently it is freeware now from their website.

http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html

I have fun playing it. I never would have expected a Grue in the attic of all places.

Edited by Tale

Here we go. Pictures of my PC game bookshelf. Top row is my "to play" shelf with console games. Also some other console games scattered on the shelf, but not all of them. However, this is all of my PC games.

Ran out of space here on Obsidian, so pics 3 and 4 are imageshack.

shelf3lb6.jpg

shelf4zt2.jpg

Edit: Wait, that's not all my PC games. Still don't know where the first Max Payne is.

Edit2: Oh, and it also excludes digital distribution games.

shelf.JPG

shelf2.JPG

Edited by Tale

I wish I had kept all my old comp games as organized and -in possession- as you Tale :sorcerer:

I've lost so many copies of so many games through college and grad school and moving around. Digital distribution will save me from myself, however.

Don't feel so bad, now that you have me thinking about it I have absolutely no clue where my N64 games are. This requires investigation!

Found my N64 Games! Bad news: They were in the garage. Good news: They were with my gameboy games. More good news: I tested a game boy game and it works despite the couple years of Texas heat. So, hopefully they all work! Further good news: Found the Dreamcast, too! Hopefully it works.

Final good news: Shenmue just loaded up! IT'S ALIVE!

Edited by Tale

I think I need to stop being so nitpicky about my games.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Besides NWN2 there hasn't been much I really enjoy.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

There's no way I can remember them all, and I lost my list in a computer crash a few years ago (I'd made it in response to a thread like this on BIS IIRC)

Anyhow from the top of my head:

Adventure

Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean

Alien Storm

Alisia Dragoon

Alundra

Arc the Lad Collection

Arcanum

Arcus Odyssey

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal

Beyond Oasis

Black Magic

Blazing Heroes

Bomberman: World

Breath of Fire

Breath of Fire II

Brigandine

Bruce Lee

Capcom vs SNK

Capcom vs SNK 2

Chakan the Forever Man

Champions of Norrath

Champions: Return to Arms

Chrono Cross

Chrono Trigger

Culdcept

Darkstalkers

Darkstalkers 2

Dead or Alive

Dead or Alive 2

Dead or Alive 3

Dead or Alive: Xtreme Volleyball

DemiKids: Dark Version

DemiKids: Light Version

Diablo

Diablo II

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Dragon Force

Druid II: Enlightenment

Dungeon Lords

Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes

Dynasty Warrior 5 Extreme Legends

Dynasty Warriors 5

Ecco the Dolphin

Enemy Zero

Entombed

Eternal Champions

Eternal Champions CD

Eye of the Beholder

Fallout

Fallout 2

Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X2

Final Fight

Fire Emblem

Freedom Force

Freedom Force vs The Third Reich

Garu: Mark of the Wolves

Golden Axe

Golden Axe 2

Grim Fandango

Guardian Heroes

Guilty Gear Isuka

Guilty Gear X

Guilty Gear XX

Haunted House

Hoshigimi: Ruining Blue Earth

Hunter the Reckoning

Hunter the Reckoning: Redeemer

Hunter the Reckoning: Wayward

Icewind Dale

Icewind Dale II

Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter

Icewind Dale: Trial of the Luremaster

Invictus

Jade Empire

Kartia

Katamari Damacy

Knights of the Old Republic

Knights of the Old Rebublic 2

Kuon

La Pucelle Tactics

Landstalker

Legend of Oasis

Lego Star Wars

Lego Star Wars 2

Lionheart

Lufia II

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete

Magic Knight Rayearth

Maniac Mansion

Monkey Island IV

Monster Rancher

Monster Rancher 2

Morrowind Game of the Year

Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat 2

Mortal Kombat 3

Mortal Kombat: Armagedden

Mountain King

Neverwinter Nights

Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrinetide

Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

Neverwinter Nights 2

Night Watch

ObsCure

Ogre Battle

Omnimusha Tactics

Persona

Persona 2

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III

Phantasy Star IV

Phantom Brave

Pit Fighter

Planescape: Torment

Pong

Pool of Radiance

Populus

Puyopop Fever

Rampage

Rampage Total Destruction

Rampage World Tour

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil: Outbreak

Resident Evil: Outbreak 2

Rhapsody

Riviera: The Promised Land

Romance of the Three Kingdoms X

Rule of Rose

Sacred Gold

Samurai Warriors

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Shining Force

Shining Force CD

Shining Force II

Shining Force III

Shining in the Darkness

Shining Soul

Shining Soul II

Shining the Holy Ark

Shining Wisdom

Silent Hill

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 3

Silhouette Mirage

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Soul Blade

Soul Calibur

Soul Calibur II

Soul Calibur III

Stella Deus

Street Fighter Alpha series

Street Fighter II

Street Fighter III

Streets of Rage

Streets of Rage 2

Summon Knight

Summon Knight 2

Super Puzzle Fighter

Super Street Fighter II

Tactics Ogre

Tactics Ogre Gaiden: The Knight of Lodis

Tecmo's Deception

Temple of Elemental Evil

The Last Blade II

The Seventh Saga

The Warrior

Tombraider

Touch Detective

Trace Memory

Trap Gunner

Tunnel Runner

Vagrant Story

Vampire: Bloodlines

Vanguard Bandits

Venture

Vigilante 8

Vigilante 8: Second Offense

Wacky Races

We

Wild Arms

Wizardry 8

Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land

Xenogears

Xenosaga

X-Men Legends

X-Men Legends 2

Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders

Zombie's Ate My Neighbors

Dangit, now my brain hurts! ;)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

250px-Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg

I own that game, I do not need any others.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds