Games you own

Excellent games there. :mellow:

Thanks! I wish I could remember more of my 2600 games. And I used to have a lot more C64 games (the one I miss the most being Phantasy)

Rampage!

I love being a giant monster smashing buildings and stuff. I have one of the Godzilla games, but I can't remember the name. Godzilla: Save Our Earth maybe?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

LMFAO...

Sorry, not all of us are graphic whores without taste.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Excellent games there. :dancing:

Thanks! I wish I could remember more of my 2600 games. And I used to have a lot more C64 games (the one I miss the most being Phantasy)

Rampage!

I love being a giant monster smashing buildings and stuff. I have one of the Godzilla games, but I can't remember the name. Godzilla: Save Our Earth maybe?

I didn't mention my Atari 2600, Sega or Nintendo games. I would have to go dig them out of the boxes that they are stored in.

From memory:

Mortal Kombat 1,2,3

Street Fighter Alpha

Street Fighter 2

Super Mario 1,2,3

Contra

Super C

Tetris

Defender

Astroids

Space Invaders

Galaxia

Pac Man

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

You kids make me feel old:

I'll only list the ones I have and still like or ones I still wish I had:

I was going to say, you couldn't still be holding a copy of HHGttG, and the Space Quests!

So this is your virtual list of games?

I would have mentioned the text adventures, like Zork and the Colossal Cave adventure (XYZZY!) which I played on the Apple ][. :mellow:

Yah, still have my 5.25" copy of HHttG, I almost completely forgot about Zork (it's been so long...) and yeah, i still have all the Roger Wilco Series, though they have been transferred to 3.5" disks about 10 years ago. I also forgot to mention Stike Fleet (where it tells you that using the mouse can win the game, but to truly master the game, you'll need to master the hotkeys on the keyboard. First game I almost returned as being too ^#%$ hard to play.)

There was also another text/graphic adventure about some guy that wakes up in a bathroom with a hypodermic needle sticking out of his arm, the police are looking for him and he doesn't remember who he is. Loved it though I could never figure out how to make it past getting caught and dying from the drugs injected at the start of the game.

I never played Colossal Cave Adventure. I would saw off an arm to get a pristine copy of Leather Goddesses of Phobos, though. Right up there with the Spacequest series and Liesure Suit Larry (only the first one...)

And don't forget the first Star Trek game, where your ship was a +, the Klingons were #, starbases were @ and the Romulans were ^ I think it was.

I have played a whole slew of games that are passingly forgetful and some others that were fun for a bit and then I tired of them.

@Tale,

so now it's photos is it? Man, there's always someone out there willing to step the game up another level.

Best regards to all, you're bringing back some memories,

dunniteowl

In all seriousness lies all lies, half truths, death, misery and the great suffering of the worlds. Embrace your seriousness, then poke it in the eye, push it down and give it a good swift kick. And in all seriousness, if you take me seriously, you're going to definitely regret it. 'Cause I'm just kidding, baby, yeah!

That Star Trek game wa apparently ported over from the early mainframes, too, like the Colossal Cave. I could play that game now ... trying to work out the angles to send your photon torpedoes in real-time, whilst the Enterprise was under attack ... good times! That was the game I spent the entire week playing, when my father rented an Apple //e to see if I'd use one if he bought it. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I hated that Star Trek game. I never could figure out what I was doing.

Of course at the same age I couldn't figure out how to get past the roaring room in Zork, or how to get out of the school in Sorcerer (or was it Enchanter?) before starving to death. :huh:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My head spins at the thought of so many games - mostly the thought of the time required to sample them all, hehe. :huh:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is it too late to make the joke about how in my house the games own me!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My head spins at the thought of so many games - mostly the thought of the time required to sample them all, hehe. :)

Sorry, I meant "Atari 2600" not that I had 2600 games... :thumbsup:

I've probably only got a few hundred games... :thumbsup:

Edited by Amentep

It made perfect sense to me, even speed-reading. Tangential fact: 2600 is the decimal equivalent of the binary code for hacking an old decadic pulse telephone, hence why the periodical was named same.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 2 weeks later...

Here are games I keep in my "collection" (ones I considered so good that they deserved a place in cherry wood case). I replay many of them:

Age of Empires

Age of Empires: Rise of Rome

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors

Baldur

I'm going to get another bookshelf or two sometime in the upcoming month. When I do, I'll organize my console games onto them and you can really see the collection. I console gamed exclusively between 92 (when I got my SNES) and 2002. So, those computer games are accumulated over 5 years, the console games have at least double that period of time. Though maybe not fully double the quantity of games.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Planescape: Torment

System Shock 2

Civilization 4

I have lots of other games that I absolutely adore, but these are the only games that make me feel that if a gamer doesn't have them, that gamer might as well quit gaming.

I guess Link To The Past should be on the list too, but I sold off all my SNES stuff when I was 16. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Is Civilization 4 really that good?

I admit, I've only played Colonization and Alpha Centauri, of games corresponding to that design(or should I say genre?).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, one could argue that AC is better that Civ, and I guess in some ways it really is, but Civ is the one I still play. As for Civ 4 specifically, it's the only Civ game that I've felt to be a real improvement over Civ 1.

Heja Sverige!!

I don't really know why, but I never could get into Civ2. I was still playing Civ1 in 1998.

Heja Sverige!!

All the Civ games are available (re-released) as part of one of the latest Civ4 game bundles. Civ2 is my favourite, though I haven't played Civ4 past the tutorial, and it is about 2MB in disk space ..!

Building the castle was always the best!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Civ4 was good for a while. What I really don't like about it is the game will end when a certain time period is reached. I absolutely hate it. The new expansion coming up promises to add a lot to the late game, which hopefully means we get to play longer before they force a game over.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."