What are you playing now?

Darque

"Priests are arguably the most powerful class in the game. I'd never play one, as I have ethical issues with them."

if you have ethical issues over a class in a game based on fantasy where you can be an assassin or raise the undead amongst other 'immoral' stuff? It's a game. Not real. How can anyone have 'moral' issues over a fantasy game? WOW! But, wow, relihion is THA evil. Kinda surprisjng coming from you as even Mr. Anti Religion Sand doesn't have a problem playing priests because... he knows it's fake and theya rne't even real gods. L0L

Anyways... NB2 K7 is the game I'm mostly playing now. It's fun; but it's tickin' me off. The disks for this game ar ehorrible. I alreayd ha dto exchnage one copy, and the second one is getting cracks too. I've never ever had a game that has been cracked. Horrid craftsmanship.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I have a problem with paladins. I [really, truly, madly, deepy] hate them and the people who choose to play them. I've never met at guy that wanted to play a pally that wasn't an obnoxius selfrightchious twit "IRL" too.

:x (Give it to me).

Anyways, currently I'm splitting my time between Hitman: Bloodmoney, Total War and Nwn2.

-Farb

Edited by metadigital
profanity

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

"have a problem with paladins. I [really, truly, madly, deeply] hate them and the people who choose to play them. I've never met at guy that wanted to play a pally that wasn't an obnoxius selfrightchious twit "IRL" too."

You just defined yourself. I hope you did it on purpose, and appreciate the irony. And, what's up with the fake swearing? Tryin' to prove soemthing?

Wow, I don't think I've ever been is such total agreeance with Volourn over the whole fantasy character thing. There isn't anything seriously religious about playing a Cleric or a Paladin in D&D games, and it's delusional to make those connections. It's a game.

Now the whole point of playing a Paladin is to be self righteous. It's in the job description.

Has anyone noticed in NWN 2 that sometimes NPC's will just stop following you, or rather the AI shuts off (they go into permanent puppet mode) and no matter how many times I click puppet mode off they are still brain dead.

Yep. I had that problem. Albeit I didn't download any patches. Teehee.

It is really annoying especially when you have trek through like the Red Giant mountains and you end up with the classic, "You must gather your party before venturing forth".

try either letting them die (one answer) or doing a verbal command to wake them up (got that from Gorth)

I always used the voice commands (right click the character faces) and press "follow me" - sometimes however they still won't attack enemies.. but after a few battles they returned to normal..

Almost made me quit the game entirely at one point though.. before I learned that little trick.

Fortune favors the bald.

Beat NWN 2, lame ending, but killing Qara, and Neeshka was awesome. I like how the designers had the foresight to let you kill those annoyances.

Starting Gothic 3, and I played for about 1 hour now, already like it better then Oblivion, makes me remember why I played Gothic 2 more then three times over. Dunno about the tech issues people have been having with the game, it runs alright with some lag on my computer and theres been a few cases of clipping and of course the usual poor translations and bad grammar, otherwise the games fine.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I liked Neeshka and Qara.

Neeshka only because she was a Tiefling and Qara because crazy and stuck up is hot.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

NwN2...

I must say, this has quite the interesting... effect..

post-13853-1180241352_thumb.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I liked Neeshka and Qara.

Neeshka only because she was a Tiefling and Qara because crazy and stuck up is hot.

Neeshka had a hideous voice - she was like Annah from Torment except she was a screeching turd. I guess if it was the designer's intent to make her annoying then they succeded masterfully. Qara I did like initially but when her only dialogue options consisted of "I am a 17 year old stuck up high school girl" that was too much, and to top of it off I actually tried to gain influence with her over the course of the game cause I thought there was a side quest or something there and then she just walks out on me? I rushed her with Khelgar and punched her to death.

I liked Elanee alot better although I never brought her along for anything.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I'm trying to play Condemned: Criminal Origins for the PC. A year after the game has been originally released and no patch. Might not be so bad if it weren't for a bug I have, and am noticing others have with the exact some symptom, where after an early point in the game it will cause the entire computer to restart. Fun stuff.

Someone with a similar problem had it fixed by turning shadows off, time to tryeeee.

Oh, and the CD autolaunch is completely incompatible with IE7.

Edit: Bold worked.

Edit2: Okay, done trying out my new game that I bought like a frickin' addict. Time to go back to the pile. First up, Shadow Hearts.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"Priests are arguably the most powerful class in the game. I'd never play one, as I have ethical issues with them."

if you have ethical issues over a class in a game based on fantasy where you can be an assassin or raise the undead amongst other 'immoral' stuff? It's a game. Not real. How can anyone have 'moral' issues over a fantasy game? WOW! But, wow, relihion is THA evil. Kinda surprisjng coming from you as even Mr. Anti Religion Sand doesn't have a problem playing priests because... he knows it's fake and theya rne't even real gods. L0L

Are you being bigoted against my personal game-playing prejudices?

Next thing you'll be telling me is that I'm not "allowed" to dislike playing as evil, or perhaps that I "must" like a particular NPC, or even that I "have to" enjoy compulsory companions, like Neeshka ... =]

I have a problem with paladins. I [really, truly, madly, deepy] hate them and the people who choose to play them. I've never met at guy that wanted to play a pally that wasn't an obnoxius selfrightchious twit "IRL" too.

:shifty: (Give it to me).

I never used to play Paladins at all, as the idea of the character just annoyed me.

Then I realized that I was typically playing Lawful Good characters, anyway. So I surmounted my enmity for being pigeonholed (as an alignment, in this case) and played a few. Now I play them quite often.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"have a problem with paladins. I [really, truly, madly, deeply] hate them and the people who choose to play them. I've never met at guy that wanted to play a pally that wasn't an obnoxius selfrightchious twit "IRL" too."

You just defined yourself. I hope you did it on purpose, and appreciate the irony. And, what's up with the fake swearing? Tryin' to prove soemthing?

Just relaying my experience with paladins. REALLY Don't like em. Maybe my experience is out of the ordinary but I just happen to have had really bad experiences with them. It takes an exceptionally good player to not cramp the style of the whole group.

Im not really trying to prove anything. Maybe the term I used is inappropriate but it more or less sums up how I feel about this particular class. The 1337 spelling thing is a legacy from other boards. Sorry if it pissed off the general populace. I'll try to submit to the particular social and ethical foundations of this board....

-Farb

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

I caved to peer pressure and am now playing LoTR Online. It's alright, nothing too special, enjoyable enough but not overly exciting. It has more of a casual feel for me, which is what I was looking for really.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Just relaying my experience with paladins. REALLY Don't like em. Maybe my experience is out of the ordinary but I just happen to have had really bad experiences with them. It takes an exceptionally good player to not cramp the style of the whole group.

Im not really trying to prove anything. Maybe the term I used is inappropriate but it more or less sums up how I feel about this particular class. The 1337 spelling thing is a legacy from other boards. Sorry if it pissed off the general populace. I'll try to submit to the particular social and ethical foundations of this board....

-Farb

Han er bare i generelt d

Fortune favors the bald.

I love Wind Waker, it is so fluid and intricate. Currently just starting though.

I'm also starting chapter 1 of NWN 2. My cleric is doing...well enough, I guess. I don't know whether taking martial waepons trait to be able to use warhammers was a good idea, but I go with that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Paladins and their typical skills don't fit my playstyle, and I become annoyed trying to get through a game with them. But they are useful. :)

And still playing Titan Quest when I have a moment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"Are you being bigoted against my personal game-playing prejudices?"

Yes. :)

"Next thing you'll be telling me is that I'm not "allowed" to dislike playing as evil, or perhaps that I "must" like a particular NPC, or even that I "have to" enjoy compulsory companions, like Neeshka"

You are allowed to dislike anything. I just feel your reasons for disliking certain classes is silly. 'Ethical' reasons based on RL is silly. Who talked about specifc companions at all? I surely didn't.

"Sorry if it pissed off the general populace. I'll try to submit to the particular social and ethical foundations of this board...."

Why? Post how you like. You aren't hurtin' anyone. I was just wondering why you felt the need to do a 'fake' swear. Heh.

P.S. Neeshka is one of the worst characters I've ever seen...

Edited by Volourn