NWN2 1.06 Beta

sure, the game is playable as in it runs and rarely crashes, but pretty much all the real content is either broken in implemented badly. They'd need a hundred patches like 1.06 to fix everything. Then again i guess thats what the mod community is for, fixing bugs the developers were too inept to fix in the beginning.

Have you ever opened a .2da like feat.2da or spells.2da and looked at exactly how many things are in this game? There are literally thousands of entries. Abilities like stealth are extremely complicated. It's an ability that is supposed to function differently against a variety of factions depending on circumstances and different forms of it can be canceled or bypassed by individuals and groups in different ways.

We're not just running around here slipping on banana peels and puddles of drool. Some of these (many) things are actually pretty hard to diagnose and make work properly, much less to the expectations of players.

Well, get cracking. Its why you get paid the big bucks! :p

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"big"?

Besides which, all those rules errors and whatnot.... a casual player would never, EVER notice it. Hell, I know all the basic D&D rules but I wasn't particularly bothered about most of those minor things. There are a ton of minor errors, there aren't many major ones. Now, anyway.

The game has worked fine for me (albeit slow as molasses in an Alaskan winter) since it came out, but my computer seems to be able to run for months without needing rebooted (APC power conditioner helps tons). Stealth works too, but you need lots of skill points invested in Hide and Move Silently, as well as equipment that provides bonuses to those skills. Wearing anything with an armor check is just asking for trouble; as it seems enemies can Listen and Spot too. Of course, some get to cheat by script. (I cheated my assassin's dexterity to 50 and the halfling crossbowman guarding Old Scab still managed to detect me.) You can't open a chest right next to someone without them noticing, which makes sense. I wish we could knock people out (w/o killing them and possibly ruining a quest), take any loot, and get away unscathed. Alas, there's no "unconscious at zero HP, dying between zero and -9, and dead at -10" in this game, or at least I've not seen it. It'd make more sense to bandage Khelgar to keep him alive, then heal him after the fight. Better than "Ugh, I died" - combat ends - "Whoa, I'm alive again!"

sure, the game is playable as in it runs and rarely crashes, but pretty much all the real content is either broken in implemented badly. They'd need a hundred patches like 1.06 to fix everything. Then again i guess thats what the mod community is for, fixing bugs the developers were too inept to fix in the beginning.

Have you ever opened a .2da like feat.2da or spells.2da and looked at exactly how many things are in this game? There are literally thousands of entries. Abilities like stealth are extremely complicated. It's an ability that is supposed to function differently against a variety of factions depending on circumstances and different forms of it can be canceled or bypassed by individuals and groups in different ways.

We're not just running around here slipping on banana peels and puddles of drool. Some of these (many) things are actually pretty hard to diagnose and make work properly, much less to the expectations of players.

True, still no excuse though. I know you got into the game late, so can't really blame you for the crappy condition the game is in.

Hmph :brows:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What did they do to Neeschka's tail?!? :brows:

I just reinstalled NWN2 and patched it from 1.00 to 1.05.

I swear, when I first played it and patched it gradually 1.00, 1.01, 1.02 etc. a tail appeared on Neeshkas butt after one of the patches :ban:

Now her tail is gone again :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tail's still there for me, and for most other people. Gorth, did you go 1.06?

Anyway, I'm not even going to bother arguing, so all the devs should listen to Lare, go home, go to sleep, file their resignations, and stop terrorising the world with their broken products with inaccurate 1d4 additions in some spell or other in a specific condition when three or more buffs and an orangutan are present in area3014.

Edited by Tigranes

Anyway, I'm not even going to bother arguing, so all the devs should listen to Lare, go home, go to sleep, file their resignations, and stop terrorising the world with their broken products with inaccurate 1d4 additions in some spell or other in a specific condition when three or more buffs and an orangutan are present in area3014.

:sorcerer:

Nope. Straight to 1.05

Either it has been amputated by the bandits that were harassing her at Fort Locke, or it was part of one of the previous patches (and missing from the 1.05 cumulative patch) or I was just plain unlucky that the game decided that she should miss one of her most prominent features next to her horns :sorcerer:

Edit: Anybody got some needle and thread?

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

She only gets the tail if you haven't encountered her in the game before patching. So loading a save game where she was tailless will result in her remaining as such. Don't know if it helps you, Gorth.

She only gets the tail if you haven't encountered her in the game before patching. So loading a save game where she was tailless will result in her remaining as such. Don't know if it helps you, Gorth.

Sadly no. I patched the game first thing after installing. Ah well, some other time perhaps.

Neeshka didn't have a tail in my games until patch 1.05, but that was an incremental upgrade process because I was installing patches as they became available. It's possible they missed a file or two in the 1.01 (or whatever the earliest version is) to 1.05 patch. It's also possible she got a tail earlier than 1.05, since I didn't always restart my games every time a patch came out, and there was a period when I'd stopped playing altogether.

Changes made to characters won't be seen if you've already entered a 'module'. Modules can contain many areas (watch them listed during the loading screen) so even if you haven't actually entered the map a character is located in they are still considered "spawned" by the game.

True, still no excuse though. I know you got into the game late, so can't really blame you for the crappy condition the game is in.

Considering that there were still tons of bugs in the original NWN after many BioWare patches, I think it is a pretty good excuse.

D&D simply has too much stuff in it to implement everything well unless the scope is very limited. BG was hellaciously buggy, BG2 was fairly buggy, IWD was buggy, IWD2 was probably the least buggy (but still buggy), ToEE was buggy, PoR:RoMD was nuts, and NWN was quite buggy too.

When players are expecting a fairly in-depth D&D game, the question shouldn't be "Will this be buggy or not?" as much as, "How buggy will this be on a scale of 'kind of buggy' to 'Amazon rainforest'?"

They still need to fix touch attacks not applying sneak attacks!

I agree with this fellow. Here's to hoping it is fixed in a future (soon!) patch.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Its a PC game, bugs are expected. Hell, even console games have bugs. I think Lare is being a tad bit unreasonable and if I amd saying someone is being unreasonable...

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Its a PC game, bugs are expected. Hell, even console games have bugs. I think Lare is being a tad bit unreasonable and if I amd saying someone is being unreasonable...

Does this mean we should take him out back?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."