NWN2 1.06 Beta

Depends what you want to do. :brows:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

:bat:

Hmmm... Kinky. :brows:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Meh. It's just a tail.

Every little detail counts.

Oh, the Pun! :brows:

Meh, wasn't there something about various appendages being available in one of the patches. Maybe there is a console command there can give her what she needs. Maybe she would look good with bat wings too...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

ALL software has bugs, and more particularly, software that is expected to run on multiple, unknown, platforms will be the worst of all. add that to the fact that winders is buggier 'n hell and you've got a great recipe for a trip down the amazon. really, what it comes down to is a question of percentage of players that experience various bugs, as well as those that are bothered by them. many of the games i've played in my life i've never experienced some of the most complained about bugs. other games, such as toee or por2, were a non-stop OFF-fest attempting to keep 'em at bay. just depends i spose.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The worst bugs of NWN2 isnt anything that has to do with the gameplay, but the constant and seemingly random corruption of more or less everything you do in the toolset. Yesterday we woke up to find that two modules and a cutscene had spontaneously self-combusted and wont load anymore.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Good thing you are a good technologist and keep an up-to-date archive of all your work. ;)"

Backups wont help if you have no way to accurately verify that your files arent corrupted. We didnt notice that one modfile has been corrupted until three weeks after it was finished and we tried a different script on it, so all our backups were corrupt aswell.

Ive heard some rumours that its gotten much better with 1.05, but I havent noticed

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

yeah, i've heard the biggest problems are in the toolset. those definitely fall into the category of bugs that should be fixed. however, even with such bugs that are apparent in every system, regardless of mitigating factors, diagnosis can be difficult.

taks

Ignorant? They released a broken product. If it's too difficult to implement stuff, maybe they shouldnt have even started the project.

I'll take that as a "yes" you are, indeed an ignorant moron.

Because i'm dissapointed in a game i paid 50

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

yeah, i've heard the biggest problems are in the toolset. those definitely fall into the category of bugs that should be fixed. however, even with such bugs that are apparent in every system, regardless of mitigating factors, diagnosis can be difficult.

taks

That being said, each patch does make significant progress in making the game better. Sometimes they focus on the SP aspects. Sometimes they focus omn the MP aspects or the toolset, but with me running around in 1.06Beta I haven't seen any major problems. Sometimes its also one step forward and two steps back. Minor ones are still there. Some scripts not firing such as enemies just walking around instead of attacking and Daeghun not firing his bow at the bladelings at the beginning.

Edited by Sand

Ignorant? They released a broken product. If it's too difficult to implement stuff, maybe they shouldnt have even started the project.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've been playing NWN2 unpatched, right out of the box... because I had no choice. The massive patch online now is a 15-hour download for my clunky dial-up, and because there is no mirror site where I can use my download manager, the moment my connection blips I lose everything and have to start from zero. I got up to 94% once before my connection went down. So I gave up.

I beg Obsidian to mirror their patches so those of us without benefit of broadband can actually partake of future patches. Please?

Did i say i've been happy with previous DnD games? BG1 and 2 only became playable after numerous fan patches and TuTu.

I was making the point that you are just setting up a self-fulfilling prophesy, a fait accompli.

Nothing wrong with that, lots of people do it. I was just commenting, in case you weren't aware and might change your behaviour if you were. :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

por2 was completely playable unpatched... as long as you didn't install on a drive other than C. that it completely sucked is another matter.

taks

I've encountered game crushing bugs only few times, and minors ones not much frequently.

As I'm not DnD geek I could never figure out if random spell X gives +2 bonus to strenght instead of +3.

Overall game's not THAT buggy

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)