Biowares new MMO will be....

Hmmm, I dunno something about this doesn't ring true.

Could be wrong, but I'll wait until an official announcement to worry about it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

...having horror visions of a galaxy where 90% of the population is either jedi masters or sith lords...

...filled with cackling evil laughter...

...Yoda/Gremlin lookalike ninjas flipping all over the place...

...people on the street instantly sprouting jedi powers if you greet them...

...worlds suffering from famine and disease with light sabers in every empty piece of pottery and former bread baskets...

...the most common family name is "Darth"...

...black markets where crystals are sold at prices that makes real world black market plutonium seem cheap by comparison...

...The Horror!...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bioware should stick to what it does right. pseudo-turned based, 2D or semi-3D, epic story line CRPGs.

I do not foresee, if this is indeed the case, them being able to pull this off to be successful enough to warrant it more then a 18months lifespan after it goes live.

Bioware has proven IMO it handles multi-tasking poorly. Look at BG1 vs BG2. BG1 was certainly good but BG2 was far superior on most levels. Why? Because they had to design and develop the game engine on top of producing the story/OC. When BG2 came around most all resources could easily be dropped into the game play rather then engine development

Same goes for nwn1. The initial game OC and engine suffered from them trying to multi-task as they did in bg1 (but with worse results). However with Xp2 they got much better as they could focus on simple story/module design as the engine was complete.

I feel if a franchise needs to be MMOG-morphed Shadowrun, Fallout or even V:tM are much better ideas and setting that fit into a MMO concept then SW... considering there is ALREADY a SW MMOG on the market.

My 2 coppers

A WoD MMO would be pretty freaking badass. It'd have to incorporate more than just the vampire setting though. Vampires fighting Werewolves with Hunters going after everyone. It could be pretty sweet.

...not april yes? :sorcerer:

umm, thats not the best idea they ever had, atleast its not made by the guys who messed up SWG :yucky:

Isn't quite a bit of Bioware's MMO branch composed of ex-SOE employees though? :shifty:

:x

:'(

:down: :down:

It's funny because it's true. :shifty:

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Isn't there a Requiem MMO being developed somewhere already? I thought I heard rumors, but I could have been dreaming.

Edit: It was the WoD in general, not Vampire specifically (although no details have been released and it's got to be a looong way off).

http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?line=n...p;articleid=629

Edited by Spider

...having horror visions of a galaxy where 90% of the population is either jedi masters or sith lords...

...filled with cackling evil laughter...

...Yoda/Gremlin lookalike ninjas flipping all over the place...

...people on the street instantly sprouting jedi powers if you greet them...

...worlds suffering from famine and disease with light sabers in every empty piece of pottery and former bread baskets...

...the most common family name is "Darth"...

...black markets where crystals are sold at prices that makes real world black market plutonium seem cheap by comparison...

...The Horror!...

In other words

I really can't be mad if it's done well. I must admit, i'm a closet MMO fan...

Mr Nelson is agreeing with you. :teehee:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 2 weeks later...

When I first read this I wanted to scream. Really scream.

Then I saw that the same article also claimed they were making a BG type game for the DS.

At that point I figured the people writing this stuff must be doing an April fools, on crack or really thought Bio had gone insane.

Either that or bioware really HAS gone insane.

I'm hoping the latter is not true.

Floodgate made it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I rather see no MMOs. The market has too many MMOs as it is.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I rather see no MMOs. The market has too many MMOs as it is.

Too many mindless MMO, that is. I've yet to see a MMO concept that could appeal to adults and not to some asocial teens.

The existence of countless adults in World of Warcraft and EVE kind of contradicts what you see, Morgoth.

mmo's are like the worst possible genre ever created. Oh hey constantly grind and do repetitive quests while getting ganked and overcoming balance issues every step of the game until you get to some level, then you can start raiding for epic gear, all for what? So you get psychology rape yourself because your a worthless human being for spending that amount of time on a video game with no real finish or purpose.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

mmo's are like the worst possible genre ever created. Oh hey constantly grind and do repetitive quests while getting ganked and overcoming balance issues every step of the game until you get to some level, then you can start raiding for epic gear, all for what? So you get psychology rape yourself because your a worthless human being for spending that amount of time on a video game with no real finish or purpose.

You just described Diablo if it had raids.

Of course, your description also doesn't account for games like EVE or Planetside.

Though, we get it. You don't like RPG-style PvP or playing with groups. Get over your overjustified drivel.

Edited by Tale

I don't really get the whole MMO bashing. I dislike RTS's, but I don't go around bashing them. That's my personal taste.

Complaining about grinding, repetition, and balance issues is really a matter of perspective. Nothing says you have to grind or do boring quests in an MMO. My wife enjoys playing WoW on occassion and she doesn't worry about levels. She just has fun fighting a couple things and exploring areas. The best times I've had playing MMO's are when I get together with a few friends and tackle difficult areas together. We don't rush and we aren't worried about maximizing our XP.

Balance is really only an issue in PvP. Most MMO's are really designed around PvE. I play the class and race I think is cool and I don't worry about what other folks are doing. I play to have fun.

Floodgate made it.

My bad, regardless I would even go so far as to say a new Baldur's Gate could maybe work even better on the DS than on current PCs as far as remaining true to the original games goes.

Shoot, if Fallout 3 was made on the DS, there'd be almost no doubt the fanbois would be getting turn based isometric.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP