Upcoming Movie Discussion

Oerwinde

Hot Fuzz has been out for months. I did not see it.

It's not out, yet, in the US. And that's the important thing.

It's not that funny. That's the important thing. :)

Explain this. "I didn't see it. It's not that funny." How does that work?

Edited by TrueNeutral

Hot Fuzz has been out for months. I did not see it.

It's not out, yet, in the US. And that's the important thing.

It's not that funny. That's the important thing. :)

Explain this. "I didn't see it. It's not that funny." How does that work?

Because I saw the shorts. And I identified the humour. And I didn't like it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Iron Man and Bruce Banner are already cast, I like the Michael Madsen as Nick Fury though, I wonder if they would go with standard Fury or Ultimate. Ultimate Fury is obviously Sam Jackson. I could see Matt Damon as Cap, but is he tall enough?(hrmm, only 4 inches difference, would work fine on screen I spose.)

I just say Sean Bean as thor because his Boromir looks just like Ultimate Thor, and I really don't think they'll do standard winged helmet/red cape Thor.

So you think the avengers movie would be more like Ultimate Alliance?

I think it will be a mix of standard avengers and ultimates. I think they'd likely go with Asian Wasp and Black Fury just so everyone isn't white in the film, but I don't think they'll end up fighting aliens. At least not in the first one. Maybe the Masters of Evil. Only they would almost certainly call them something else.

And y'know... I just thought that Fury might not even be in it... seeing as he's part of the whole Ultimate avengers thing. I do think the whole government sponsored superhero team makes more sense than a bunch of superheroes banding together though.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I sort of wish they'd use the Ultimate versions. Not that I think they are ultimately(hah) better, but because the backgrounds and templates would be better for movie audiences(=me).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wasn't Sammy Jackson the reason behind the Fury reboot? I thought I saw an interview with Joe Quesada somewhere where he alluded to that. Maybe it was on the Avengers DVD?

No disrespect to his numerous fans on the board, but I'm really glad they aren't bring back the Hoff for that role.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I was confused. I kept on reading Fury as Furry in my head and thought that was the lamest super-hero name ever. :sweat:

David Hasslehoff once played Nick Fury? We're talking about the commander of SHIELD right? I only him from the 90s Spider-man cartoon. One of the best cartoon series ever.

Did Peter ever get re-united with MJ in that one? I remember her falling into some dimensional hole or something then coming back once as a clone/android/robot...

David Hasslehoff once played Nick Fury? We're talking about the commander of SHIELD right?

fury.jpg

He actually doesn't look bad. He's just not tough enough.

EDIT: Funny thing about that movie... if you look up screenshots, sometimes he has the eyepatch on a different side.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

They'd probably go for a black sam jackson Fury or add the falcon as a protagonist.

They decided to make Fury black because they simply said why not. I think that they'd have to tone down parts of his character (the all knowing big brother part) in order to make kids like him more. Also don't let Joe Q or Bindis near the script if you can because they will probably try to add the infamous "wife beater" to Pyms character (which only happened once under demonic and alcholic influence, but EVERYONE has to bring it up).

The first villian would have to be pretty well known and powerful in order to get the ratings. So you could have it be a Red Skull or baron Zemo story inorder to play with the nazi backround and get more freedom with the character. (the only other one I could come up with that is well known would be doom, but he's already a f4 villian.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I didn't like the way Dr. Doom was portrayed in the F4 movie. He seemed too petty. Doom always gave me the impression that he was working for the benefit all through his total domination...because he thought himself most qualified for the job.

They'd probably go for a black sam jackson Fury or add the falcon as a protagonist.

They decided to make Fury black because they simply said why not. I think that they'd have to tone down parts of his character (the all knowing big brother part) in order to make kids like him more. Also don't let Joe Q or Bindis near the script if you can because they will probably try to add the infamous "wife beater" to Pyms character (which only happened once under demonic and alcholic influence, but EVERYONE has to bring it up).

The first villian would have to be pretty well known and powerful in order to get the ratings. So you could have it be a Red Skull or baron Zemo story inorder to play with the nazi backround and get more freedom with the character. (the only other one I could come up with that is well known would be doom, but he's already a f4 villian.)

Yeah, I was thinking Zemo and the masters of evil. Only Zemo can make wearing a purple sock on your head look cool.

250px-Bzemo.png

As to Black Fury, I have no problem with it. I'm so used to it after like 100 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man, the 30 or so of Ultimates, his appearances in Ultimate X-Men, the various cross over books, etc. Holy crap... he's like the most important character in the Marvel Ultimate universe.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't like the way Dr. Doom was portrayed in the F4 movie. He seemed too petty. Doom always gave me the impression that he was working for the benefit all through his total domination...because he thought himself most qualified for the job.

Ah, Dr Doom is a true student of Nietzsche, his Ressentiment and his philosophy of the supermen. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

He actually doesn't look half bad....

He looks goofy to me.

But to be honest, I can't take The Hoff seriously at all anymore. I've tried ... but I just can't. :shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Spider-Man 3 out next week. I'll be back in my home town for it so I might be able to check it out opening night. No way I'd be able to here in Vancouver. I just hope it doesn't suffer from Batman's problem of multiple villains = suck.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Spider-Man 3 out next week. I'll be back in my home town for it so I might be able to check it out opening night. No way I'd be able to here in Vancouver. I just hope it doesn't suffer from Batman's problem of multiple villains = suck.

Spider-man 3 premiered today in the Netherlands, and I caught the matin

I want to see this movie!

http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/

BWAAAHAAAHAAAAAA! :lol:

:woot:

:o

:x

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I know, I've already seen the trailer.

IT LOOKS SO COOL!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That looks awesome.

Also, new Fantastic Four 2 trailer = also awesome.

I think the final Transformers trailer should be hitting soon too. Bay has bastardized that movie so badly, but it still looks freaking cool.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I now want to see Black Sheep.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds