Upcoming Movie Discussion

Oerwinde

This just in. Die Hard 4 is now PG-13. Someone named Vern at AICN had this to say:

"I'm not gonna call out any studio head names, I don't know who's responsible. But for God's sake - listen to Bruce. DIE HARD is for grown ups. And for kids who are allowed to go to R-rated movies with grownups. It is part of a long tradition of dads taking their kids to see R-rated movies, and making them think their dad is cool. If you pull this punk PG-13 move their dads will no longer be cool. The American family could fall apart."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32511

Also, pics of the Mark III Iron Man Suit from the upcoming movie have surfaced. It looks badass.

http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/32509

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This just in. Die Hard 4 is now PG-13.

First PG-13 horror, and now PG-13 action.

Suckage. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Judging by the previews of Spiderman 3, I take it

Venom

will be in it?

Venom by way of That 70's Show. It's not a big secret.

Raimi (the director, if you've lived under a rock the past few years) didn't want Venom in, but Marvel strongarmed it past him. Kinda disrespectful, if you ask me. The original movie saved Marvel from certain oblivion, and now Raimi might not continue his run in the director's chair for any future sequels. Tobey Maguire might not return either.

Shame, they won't be able to cover Lizard, Vulture, Scorpion or Mysterio. If there's anything this series needs, it's a guy with a fishbowl on his head. Maybe they'll get desperate and throw Carnage or Toxin in there. Or Poison. Yay.

Venom

will be in it?

Raimi (the director, if you've lived under a rock the past few years) didn't want Venom in, but Marvel strongarmed it past him. Kinda disrespectful, if you ask me. The original movie saved Marvel from certain oblivion, and now Raimi might not continue his run in the director's chair for any future sequels. Tobey Maguire might not return either.

Shame, they won't be able to cover Lizard, Vulture, Scorpion or Mysterio. If there's anything this series needs, it's a guy with a fishbowl on his head. Maybe they'll get desperate and throw Carnage or Toxin in there. Or Poison. Yay.

It pretty much needed Venom after how ho-hum number 2 was. I can just imagine how lame 3 would have been like with just Sandman.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh, but you're forgetting New Goblin!

I'm always wary of comic book movies overestimating how many characters they can reasonably throw in. X3 was an example of the too-many-references-are-never-enough school of comic moviemaking. But that was the least of the film's problems in any case.

And if you thought the second movie was ho-hum, I hear the talky parts of this movie are the worst in the trilogy. We're talking momentum-killing bad. But I'll withhold final judgement till I've seen it. I've never actually seen a Spidey movie, and there haven't been enough good movies out lately to dissuade me from seeing this one.

Edited by Pop

I like Spider man 2 better than Spider man 1.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

At least Spider-Man 1 had an actual evil villain. All Spider-Man 2 had was a mad scientist. It felt like an episode of a TV show, not a movie. It lacked a feeling of serious effect on the bigger picture of the series of movies. Sure, Harry and MJ found out Peter was Spider-Man, but that was something that could have happened in the last 15 minutes of the first movie.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

At least Octavius had good reason for what he was doing. He was all the more powerful on screen because you could relate to him. The Green Goblin was just some nut. Thankfully, Harry, Sandman and to a certain point Venom all have their reasons for doing what they're doing (Venom's reason however, is because he was a little prick in the first place, so we just wan't to get rid of him because he's annoying).

Venom

will be in it?

It pretty much needed Venom after how ho-hum number 2 was. I can just imagine how lame 3 would have been like with just Sandman.

Not that much different, really. Seriously, don't get your hopes up. This movie ignores all the nostalgia that's making you say that and makes Venom exactly what he is - a big boring ball of angst. He's basically just here as a plot device because there's so little meat to the character in the first place. It's just some guy with a grudge. The real threats are Harry and Sandman, and they're pretty damn dangerous. Remember when the Green Goblin wanted to attack Spider-man's heart? Well, compared to what Harry does, the Green Goblin was being a nice guy.

Also, number 2 was better than number 1 in pretty much every way.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Everyone I've seen talk about SM3 who has seen it has said its awesome.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That looks awesome.

Also, new Fantastic Four 2 trailer = also awesome.

I think the final Transformers trailer should be hitting soon too. Bay has bastardized that movie so badly, but it still looks freaking cool.

Fantastic four was such a piece of crap. The acting wasn't too good, loads of cliches, scientific writings that means absolutly nothing, and worst of all: the only problems the heroes solved, were the ones THEY started. And, not enough fights.

And that scene on the bridge is so stupid it makes my eyes bleed: they destroyed three dozen cars to save one guy. The whole scene degerates faster than a burning corpse.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've got tickets to the 6:30 showing of Spidey for tomorrow. Whoops, I guess its today now. Say hello to the fatboy sized popcorn and lineups out the yinyang!!

Oh, and Live Tyler will be playing opposite Ed Norton in the new Hulk movie. Bring back Jennifer Connelly!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I've got tickets to the 6:30 showing of Spidey for tomorrow. Whoops, I guess its today now. Say hello to the fatboy sized popcorn and lineups out the yinyang!!

Oh, and Live Tyler will be playing opposite Ed Norton in the new Hulk movie. Bring back Jennifer Connelly!!

Liv as Betty? Maybe Ultimate Betty, I don't really see her as a scientist honestly, but I could totally see her as a publicist.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

At least Spider-Man 1 had an actual evil villain. All Spider-Man 2 had was a mad scientist. It felt like an episode of a TV show, not a movie. It lacked a feeling of serious effect on the bigger picture of the series of movies. Sure, Harry and MJ found out Peter was Spider-Man, but that was something that could have happened in the last 15 minutes of the first movie.

:lol:

I agree; the plot was something from Saturday afternoon on the Turner channel. =]

I want to see this movie!

http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/

BWAAAHAAAHAAAAAA! :brows:

:woot:

:o

:x

That's the best take on the teen scare movie for EVA. :)

"Violence of the Lambs" ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I liked the octo-arm guy in Spiderman2. I thought he was a lot of fun.

The whole Goblin & angry Goblin's son stuff is mostly annoying, to me.

I've been watching the ads for Another 28 Days/Later and I'm kind of interested. The first wasn't the perfect horror movie, mostly because of the weak ending etc., but I liked it enough to wonder what they'll do with the sequel.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Spiderman the comic was just barely tolerable, spiderman the movie, is well, also just barely tolerable. I much prefer Daredevil, unfortunately they already screwed up that movie.

Doctor octopuss is nice, but the inevitable teenage romance drivel and the absence of Willem Dafoe means I will be happily ignoring the world wide premiere.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I've been watching the ads for Another 28 Days/Later and I'm kind of interested. The first wasn't the perfect horror movie, mostly because of the weak ending etc., but I liked it enough to wonder what they'll do with the sequel.

You didn't like the hollywood happy ending? Because the director's cut has the alternate ending, where

the guy doesn't survive the gunshot

I thought the sequel looked like 28 days Later, but with a sequel-amount of zombies and blood. So minus story and plus gore. Meh, I won't be rushing out.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You didn't like the hollywood happy ending? Because the director's cut has the alternate ending, where

the guy doesn't survive the gunshot

I thought the sequel looked like 28 days Later, but with a sequel-amount of zombies and blood. So minus story and plus gore. Meh, I won't be rushing out.

Yes, I've seen the other ending. I still thought the movie grew weaker towards the finale; not just the final end bits.

If it's atmospheric enough, less story more gore can work well for a horror flick. But yeah, that's my fear; sequel-itis.

Agreed. The added solider threat aspect just felt out of place/tacked on for the rest of the film.