Upcoming Movie Discussion

Oerwinde

I figured since we had a thread for movies we've seen, how about a thread to discuss the happenings in film and such. Seeing as whenever someone discovers a new movie they see coming out they start a new thread for it, it gets to 2 pages, then dies most of the time. I figured one thread would be better.

Anyway, they just cast Edward Norton in The Incredible Hulk. No its not a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk. They say its not really a sequel, but not really a reboot either. They're skipping the origin, and just going straight into Banner on the run. Its going to be the next film from Marvel Pictures after Iron Man, and the idea is to sign each actor for multiple films, and once all the solo movies are out of the way, make an Avengers film with the leads from each movie. So that would mean Ed Norton as Hulk, Robert Downy Jr for Iron Man, plus whoever plays Thor and Cap America in their films. Likely Giant Man and such would be introduced in the actual Avengers film, since he's really not that interesting by himself.

We can use this thread for casting calls too. Who do you think would be good to play the major roles in an Avengers movie that haven't been cast yet?

Cap: Dunno

Giant/Ant Man/Yellowjacket: Aaron Eckhart

Wasp: Dunno, someone Asian american

Thor: Sean Bean

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Cap would probably be a role for Matt Damon or Brad Pitt.

Iron man could be Johnny Depp

Wasp is only part asian so you could probably put Keira Knightly in without much trouble.

Ant man: Ewan McGregor

Bruce Banner/Hulk: Steve Buscemi (admittedly he's getting old)

Thor could be Sean bean, But I'd throw in Brad Pitt (provided he bulked up for it) or the Terminator.

Nick Fury... Michael Madsen could pull it off quite well

Scarlet witch: Kate Beckinsale

Quicksilver: a cleaned up seth green?

Jarvis: Edward Herrmann

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Iron Man and Bruce Banner are already cast, I like the Michael Madsen as Nick Fury though, I wonder if they would go with standard Fury or Ultimate. Ultimate Fury is obviously Sam Jackson. I could see Matt Damon as Cap, but is he tall enough?(hrmm, only 4 inches difference, would work fine on screen I spose.)

I just say Sean Bean as thor because his Boromir looks just like Ultimate Thor, and I really don't think they'll do standard winged helmet/red cape Thor.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Die Hard 4.

'nuff said.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ant-Man has been optioned for a movie already, so it'd probably be whoever gets cast there.

Wasp may/may not be cast there but AFAIK the Asian Wasp is only an Ultimates thing.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I read the first post about The Avengers, and thought of a totally different thing. There's a movie that I'd like to see!

I'm afraid the movie as described above seems to have far too many main characters - something that hurt the X-Men after the first movie, in my view.

Where can I find lists of forthcoming movies, other than IMDB's 'coming soon'?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I read the first post about The Avengers, and thought of a totally different thing. There's a movie that I'd like to see!

Uh... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avengers_%28film%29

I'm looking forward to Hot Fuzz.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gosh, I'd erased that from my memory. I wonder why. :lol: :lol:

Well, it's back now AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

Kelverin, Hot Fuzz is not showing on that list. It fails.

Iron Man and Bruce Banner are already cast, I like the Michael Madsen as Nick Fury though, I wonder if they would go with standard Fury or Ultimate. Ultimate Fury is obviously Sam Jackson. I could see Matt Damon as Cap, but is he tall enough?(hrmm, only 4 inches difference, would work fine on screen I spose.)

I just say Sean Bean as thor because his Boromir looks just like Ultimate Thor, and I really don't think they'll do standard winged helmet/red cape Thor.

So you think the avengers movie would be more like Ultimate Alliance?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm looking forward to Grindhouse. Just saw the trailer, and it looks sweet.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Not in Portugal...

Heja Sverige!!

Yes.

Heja Sverige!!

Yes.

Heja Sverige!!

si.

seriously, hot fuzz looks sweet.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Transformers: It's a Michael Bay movie, so I'm going to sit this one out and wait for it to arrive in rentable DVD form.

I'm probably seeing the Tritrilogy (I use this to refer to the three third big franchise movies; Spider-man 3, Pirates 3 and Shrek 3). Spider-man is probably my favourite Superhero after Deadpool, and I dug the first two. Plus, the previews look hella awesome, so I'm way there. I loved both Pirates movies; they're perfect popcorn entertainment for me, so count me in for the third. As for Shrek 3, Shrek movies have always been great date movies; they offer something for pretty much everyone. Plus, I end up seeing most animated flicks anyway since I'm an animation student. Looking at Computer Animated flicks, Shrek is still one of the better ones in there. I'm sick of seeing animals forced into/out of the city and into/ out of the wild.

I'm also thinking about seeing Hot Fuzz in a different city because it's not playing here, but that's always such a pain, so I might wait for the DVD release. I did dig Shaun of the Dead though, so I bet this is gonna be pretty good too.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Hot Fuzz has been out for months. I did not see it.

It's not out, yet, in the US. And that's the important thing.