Upcoming Movie Discussion

Oerwinde

Leonardo still looks like he's under 20, to me - but his intense gaze and brows sometimes carries his believability through - to a point.

Matt Damon, imo, doesn't have those intense peepers and thus falls flat, no matter how old they manage to make him look. He's too plain vanilla. Great for Good Will Hunting/dramas - not for being a super-spy/action dude.

So I think it's less about looks/age - there are some pretty youthful "bad guys" etc in real history, after all - as it is about a certain type of charisma and projecting it on-screen. Matt doesn't have it. Neither does George Clooney.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It bothers me that they will probably make another Pirates. They are just after my money and I'm sick of seeing mindless action. Seriously, the whirlpool scene in Pirates 3 was the dumbest thing I've ever had to sit through. It lasted 20 minutes and both ships came out in one piece. Nobody important was dead and nothing was resolved that couldn't have been resolved without a 20 minute long ship-fight in a gigantic whirlpool. It was graphically stunning, but so was the opening scene of Star Wars III, which was much shorter and better in regards to action in my opinion.

Of course, this is all subjective. I'm sure people thought it was great action, the right duration, and worth the time and effort put into it. I simply got sick of the ship-fight scenes after I had seen two or three, so by the time that huge one came around, I was done. It also probably didn't help that I felt done with the movie an hour before it was actually over.

I gather takings were down on opening weekend of Pirates 3, so perhaps this will spur them to understand that if they make a fourth, they need to do something to reinvigorate the franchise.

Sadly, this could well be a talking CGI monkey sidekick. Imagine how the toys would sell. :sad:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It bothers me that they will probably make another Pirates. They are just after my money and I'm sick of seeing mindless action. Seriously, the whirlpool scene in Pirates 3 was the dumbest thing I've ever had to sit through. It lasted 20 minutes and both ships came out in one piece. Nobody important was dead and nothing was resolved that couldn't have been resolved without a 20 minute long ship-fight in a gigantic whirlpool. It was graphically stunning, but so was the opening scene of Star Wars III, which was much shorter and better in regards to action in my opinion.

Of course, this is all subjective. I'm sure people thought it was great action, the right duration, and worth the time and effort put into it. I simply got sick of the ship-fight scenes after I had seen two or three, so by the time that huge one came around, I was done. It also probably didn't help that I felt done with the movie an hour before it was actually over.

It was awesome.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think DiCaprio though has matured enough that he can actually look mature on screen. Examples: The Departed, Blood Diamond. He doesn't really look all that kiddish there like he did in say, Titanic, or even Gangs of New York.

When it comes to leads, I'm actually a fan of Heath Ledger. He's pretty versatile, both role-wise and look-wise. I mean watching The Bros. Grimm, you can hardly tell its him.

I am neutral towards Heath Ledger. He did some things I like (Brothers Grimm, Ned Kelly) and some things I don't like (The Order, A Knight's Tale). I wonder what he will do with the parts he's involved with currently, playing Bob Dylan (as are many others in the same movie) and the Joker.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I think that they should ultimatly keep bond as BOND... I mean you don't expect to keep an entire generation who grew up with bond being a suave debonair spy who didn't do THAT much running, jumping, flying back flips and brutality, to keep loving the "new direction" you take bond... at least not in the stark way they did it.

probably going to wait for pirates to come to dvd, I know I will see F4 and Transformers in theatres.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I saw a Transformers trailer when I went to See PotC 3 and it looked fecking awesome.

I haven't cared for Transformers since second grade, but that was some badass robot design.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My favorite Batman comic of all time. I just hope they don't wuss it down. No way they are going to be able to portray Superman the way they did in the comic though.

Ahh what am I saying, it's doomed to suck.

Ohh, nevermind, obviously it's not Dark Night, they are merely stealing a title.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So apparently Thomas Jane dropped out of The Punisher 2. So I am no longer looking forward to that.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Transformers actually looks good. I was expecting something bad.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Autobots are watching over you/Willing to die for what we love"

Jesus.

"We need a protector to save our soul/A hero to rise up and take control"

Kill me.

Please tell me those aren't actual lines from the film. :dancing:

"Autobots are watching over you/Willing to die for what we love"

Jesus.

"We need a protector to save our soul/A hero to rise up and take control"

Kill me.

Please tell me those aren't actual lines from the film. :bat:

Lyrics to a song that was "leaked" on the Sector 7 website.

Basically its a cover of the theme song, only with crappier lyrics.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've just heard the song. I can't believe anyone actually liked that crap. :huh:

I've just heard the song. I can't believe anyone actually liked that crap. :huh:

I know, I know. Thankfully, a shot of 2 Unlimited and Depeche Mode washed it away.

manthing2.jpg

I know, I know. Thankfully, a shot of 2 Unlimited and Depeche Mode washed it away.

linky?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I used a shot of the Transformers theme from the animated movie. That was a kick ass theme. :mellow:

Will + All: Apparently the leaked version that was talked about earlier was not the official version. Supposedly Mute Math is doing the real theme and they have a clip on the band's myspace here. Personally I think it's even worse than the fake one. :brows: