What is the worst game you ever bought?

Bokishi

Well, I've bought some pretty bad games for my C64 too, but those were between 1/4 and 1/2 of the price of PC games, so it doesn't "feel" so bad. I use the enjoyment vs. expense ratio to measure what I feel as the "worst"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Call Cthulhu's not bad I thought. But it was meant to be made for PC, with much more interactive inventory system and such.

But nooooooooooooo, its publisher Bethesda butchered the game, demands it to be simplified and made only for XBOX. So devs has to remake the game, strip away the cool parts and make it into a simplified FPS adventure game. The game meant to be released in 2003 but Bethesda refuse to publish it because they couldn't find distributors in Europe to publish it simultaneously which results in the company's downfall in the end.

What's worse? The porting from console to PC is done only by one Dev in his own hours since the company was forced to shut down and he did it willingly because he loves the game he made.

Thus, the reason why I say NO to Bethesda in publishing games.

...NeverWinter Nights, hands down... >_<

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

You guys obviously have never bought really bad games. Like Grom.

Hehe

I managed to get a couple of hours of enjoyment out of the demo for Grom, I think if I'd paid thirty quid for it my outlook would have changed considerably. I'm rally struggling to think of an answer to this topic...I just don't buy bad games. I'm going to have to go and look now because this is bugging me.

*looks*

OK, Stronghold 2 was a bit disappointing after liking the original so much...they just stuck too much stuff in it and made a pretty great castle building sim into an endlessly complicated medieval-athon. I didn't like AvP at all, but I got that free.

That's about it.

Note - I did buy Ultima IX but I was actually wowed by the atmosphere and the day-night cycle was the first I'd encountered which I thought was utterly cool so that was enough to get me through the game.

I really don't know if I can answer this question, bugs don't make a game bad for me, I have many complaints about games, but I couldn't really say which has been the worst. Good and bad points exist in all the games I have played... I could point out things I dislike in BG2 and things I like about dungeon lords... Or POR:RoMD both widely considered to be poor games.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

It wasn't necessarily a bad game but I remember being very disappointed.

The game was The Revenant, a Diablo style action game. It had some pretty cool action animations and a interesting magic system where you could play around combining various symbols and create your own magic.

I enjoyed playing it, but it was VERY short. The game was over before it ever really started and the last level was so ridiculously boring and the last boss a complete pushover. I think the developers went bankrupt and had to cut things short.

I'm going to pick FEAR. Its engine runs like ****, on relatively high end hardware. Cliche story. Quite frankly, I'm surprised this was the same company that made No One Lives Forever 1 and 2. >_< I award this game a big steaming pile of poo!

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Somehow I talked myself into buying Lionheart when it came out. Yes, I knew from the message boards that it sucked, but I got it anyway. The fascist 'we will not allow pause' during development didn't keep me from it, neither did the 'pause, but no actions' when I got it. Needless to say, there were red flags everywhere, but I just ignored them and bought it.

Ugghh, they say that it got worse and less RPing after Barcelona, but Barcelona sucked and lacked in good fun RPing already. I tried, oh how I tried, to have fun with it, but when a full 1/3 of your screen is covered by GUI (unnecesarrily, and this is no joke, I must find a screenshot somewhere), and your damn companion bear is suicidal and......well, there was lots and lots wrong with it.

Not to say it was an unhappy ending. It took me less than a week to get sick of it, so I ebayed it and someone in England bought it (I guess it wasn't worldwide then) for more than I paid, give me a profit of about 2 bucks after fees.

Oh, for people who are saying NWN or Morrowind and things like that: yeah I know they weren't the greatest games in the world (especially Morrowind), but seriously, have you ever played a bad game before? Bad games aren't dissapointing because they weren't great. No, bad games are BAD. I mean Lionheart bad or PoOR bad.

Oh, someone mentioned the ET game for the Atari 2600. I actually beat that game when it came out! Hmmm....offf to Wikipedia to read the legend of the game....

Edited by damonors

I'm going to pick FEAR. Its engine runs like ****, on relatively high end hardware. Cliche story. Quite frankly, I'm surprised this was the same company that made No One Lives Forever 1 and 2. :down: I award this game a big steaming pile of poo!

FEAR's engine was built to take advantage of high spec machines, it runs lovely on a 6800+ GPU. But I only ever really played it multiplayer, and it was free so I cannot complain at all...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Space Golf.

lol lets paly wit atmospwre!!!!111

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

While I wasn't impressed with F.EA.R., one thing that I thought was nice was how well it ran on my machine, especially after hearing horror stories about it's performance.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Eric the Unready. I waited three days for it to come in the post, I took seven hours to finish it, and for a so-called comedy game it didn't have a single decent laugh. I was so angry I called the publisher and told them how awful it was and how disappointed I was, and they agreed to replace it with another title. The replacement wasn't up to much, but nevertheless I was really impressed by their generosity. Would that ever happen these days?

Oh, and Sacred. :down:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

While I wasn't impressed with F.EA.R., one thing that I thought was nice was how well it ran on my machine, especially after hearing horror stories about it's performance.

It ran horrible on my 6800GT P43.0ghz and it runs horrible on my 7900GTO E6600 C2D. Its unplayable, the stuttering in the game is unforgivable. I tried to diagnose it and test this and that driver, deleting here and there no success. I gave up after trying to play it anyway, and the story didn't catch me either, so i think of it as a waste of $40 bucks. I haven't had very many bad game buys, at least in my adulthood. Thats why this one tops it.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Lionheart2gr.jpg

Ah, the memories.

I actually got over halfway in Lionheart. I went into it expecting a Diablo with more RPishness, which it was, and as a magic user the game was so ridiculously unbalanced, it was a challenge to get through every fight or even to sneak/run away from mobs. Which had its own brand of fun, until you realised that was the only fun you'd ever get from Lionheart.

It ran horrible on my 6800GT P43.0ghz and it runs horrible on my 7900GTO E6600 C2D. Its unplayable, the stuttering in the game is unforgivable. I tried to diagnose it and test this and that driver, deleting here and there no success. I gave up after trying to play it anyway, and the story didn't catch me either, so i think of it as a waste of $40 bucks. I haven't had very many bad game buys, at least in my adulthood. Thats why this one tops it.

That is strange, what res are you trying to play it on and did you max everything out entirly? I've had no problems running it on my old P4 3.2 GHz and 7800 GTX.

"Space Golf. "

Why did you buy a game with such a name?

I was 7, go figure.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Can't believe I forgot about Lionheart. I guess it was so bad I repressed any memory of it.

It was definitely the worst game I've ever played. There seemed to be absolutely no point to it. The thing that annoyed me the most was that there was no standing still animation/pose. Whenever you stopped moving you would be in mid-stride like you were trapped in some freakish Yoga pose.