What is the worst game you ever bought?

Bokishi

Master of Orion 3, no question

The name sounds familiar.

Where's Darque when you need her?

Good question. I thought we were cool, she hasn't said anything to me about her not being here.

LOL Internet drama. :thumbsup:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Master of Orion 3, no question

The name sounds familiar.

Where's Darque when you need her?

Insufficient internet connectivity producing irregular posting.

*Hunts around to locate the surveillance camera Meta has installed to track my movements*

:)

I'm probably gonna be flamed for this, but I'll take that risk and say that I couldn't for the life of me get into Troika's Arcanum.

I tought the animation was awful, the interface unwieldy, that AI seemed buggy, the controls in general (but particularly the two available combat modes) felt odd and clunky and the story didn't manage to grab me in any way, shape or form. So, yea. Arcanum is probably one of the worst games I've bought.

It didn't stop me from purchasing Troika's other two offerings tho, both of which I have very fond memories of (ToEE, although completely devoid of any story, still has the best implementation of D&D rules in a video game, ever, and had gorgeous graphics. And Bloodlines has one of my favorite settings in a CRPG and ranks right up there with the best when it comes to atmosphere and story-telling).

L.

Arcanum was more of a last hurrah for 2d rpgs. That and it was like the only steampunk game in like 15 years. It had crappy graphics and combat, but I liked the universe and atmosphere. I liked that things you did one one place affected what happened in another. If that kind of thing could be adapted to a game with good graphics and combat, that would be sweet.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hmmm, well there are loads of duff games out there I've bought and played.

Stuff like Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage, Shining Tears, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Shadow Madness, Impossible Mission, X-Men for the NES, Druid II, Dungeon Lords, Invictus, Jurassic Park for the Genesis, etc.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I hated Jurassic Park on the Genesis. I know others liked it but I didn't. It had some interesting conceits but I'll be honest I got tired of platformers around that time, so maybe that's it.

Speaking of Toe Jam and Earl, while the second game was a dissapointment I didn't hate it. I did really dislike that modern game that came out a year or two though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

...NeverWinter Nights, hands down... :shifty:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Totally agree.. I was severly dissapointed!

I didn't mind Lionheart. I actually thought for the first half of the game it was quite fun. Then it turned into a boring hackfest for the 2nd half and I stopped playing.

I went into Lionheart with zero expectations - and I was still dissapointed..

can't stop playing ever now and again though.. it bothers me that I've never finished it. But I will say that I had one of the best multiplayer experiences in it, which is what saves the game for me.

Fortune favors the bald.

I kind of enjoy Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's nowhere the quality of its predecessor, but it just seems like a different target audience storywise.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Clone Wars.

*goes into mental shock, hyperventilates and runs around*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I kind of enjoy Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It's nowhere the quality of its predecessor, but it just seems like a different target audience storywise.

I didn't like being forced to play the game in certain ways (the "rules" system that would force you not to use certain items/spells/classes/whatever) and I hated the conceit of it being an "imaginary" story.

I should probably add Final Fantasy 8, 10, and 11 to this list.

They're 3 games I would have been better off not buying.

Edited by Tale

The thing I liked about 9 was how obviously it didn't take itself seriously. 8 tried to be a love story with no story to the love, just two people who barely know each other claiming they're in love at a relatively random moment with a giant plot twist in the game being they all forgot, but didn't know it. 10 was headed by an emo poster child and might have been a good game if not for him.

Edited by Tale

Clone Wars.

*goes into mental shock, hyperventilates and runs around*

See, this is why I can't really participate properly in this topic: I don't buy stuff based on emotion, normally.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

XIII... I won't say it was among the worst games I ever bought, but I definitely could have done without it. I played it once, have forgotten about it since.

Edited by Tale

XIII... I won't say it was among the worst games I ever bought, but I definitely could have done without it. I played it once, have forgotten about it since.

It was a little too easy and a little too much of the "Huh?" factor with minimal questions explained.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

XIII

whatever i do in whatever PC i have it just doesnt work, not even install, i bought it twice and still nothing, nada, nyet

it has a 'corrupt' file or what on the 3-4th cd

How bizzare, I have the DVD version which worked fine... it's powered by Unreal 2, I found it to be an exceptionally stable game.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Sacred? Why Sacred?

Because it was just mile after mile of hacking through improbably numerous monsters to get to the other side of the map to be rewarded with a single paragraph of badly-written plot from the NPC and the next quest, which consisted unsurprisingly of traipsing back across the other side of the map through waves of slightly different monsters. It's essentially a hack'n'slash version of Pong. I hated it.

i'd have to agree with that

and the fact that there were absolutely no consequences for dying

maybe there were on higher difficulties, but the fact that you had to complete the game before you could unlock the extra difficulties was just irritating

and my worst purchase would probably have to be either Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, Red Faction 2, or Dune 2000

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!