LOST

kumquatq3

The Nine Truths of Lost.

I don't watch the show, but I keep hearing about all the important red herrings the show throws out. Fever dreams, Antarctica, hatches, telepathic invisible chairs, the works. I'll probably just wait till 2010 and watch the whole series in a marathon.

I like Pope's theory except about Jacob being the smoke.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If Jacob=Smoke Then how come there was no smoke in the cabin?

I think Locke was right on the money about Ben. The cabin incident was a setup, just like when any of us go to a medium or a ghost tour. Locke, in all his complete honesty, is Ben's complete opposite. Good vs. Evil.

And just like Heroes, I thought it was lame that, again, "It's all because of his mother".

But in this case I loved the episode.

Richard did freak me out though.

I think Locke was right on the money about Ben. The cabin incident was a setup, just like when any of us go to a medium or a ghost tour. Locke, in all his complete honesty, is Ben's complete opposite. Good vs. Evil.

And just like Heroes, I thought it was lame that, again, "It's all because of his mother".

But in this case I loved the episode.

Richard did freak me out though.

This is kind of particularly skeptical in regards to a character we saw and heard on a show that regularly has paranormal events happen.

And I don't see how Locke and Ben are complete opposites. They're very much alike, too much alike. Both are heavily neglected children who eventually kill their own father.

Yeah, but Locke couldn't actually kill his father, which may set him apart from Ben.

He couldn't kill his father personally, but morally it is absolutely no different than putting him in a position where he dies easily. He's the villain of the Saw films in the way he murdered his father. Sawyer was merely a tool to that end, like the nerve gas Ben used.

Also, Locke's dad was a lot more deserving of a killing than Ben's dad. Boo hoo, Ben's dad didn't remember his birthday and was a bit of a mean drunk. It didn't look like he was beating him, taking his kidney, or tossing him out windows.

I think Richard (whatever the ageless guy's name is) has way more influence over events than he's letting on. I'd say he's more important than Ben. Look at the way he has been manipulating both Locke and Ben.

That last episode rocked! Locke beating the crap out of patch eye was awesome. ;)

Locke will be back, he had a broken back and walked again... a bullet in the gut won't stop him.

Although Ben is a stone cold liar, I do believe him when he says he can see Jacob. Of course, the episode would lead us to believe he can't hear him, however... ;)

It could be, that like almost everything else on the island, Jacob could be heard(experienced) very differently by different persons.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well, if you believe the theory that all illusions (most notably Christian Shepherd, Yemi and Ben's mom) are Smokie, that isn't such a big stretch is it?

I don't remember anyone but Jack seeing his father. So my guess is Smokie aka Jacob aka the Island chooses to whom it reveals itself; or it can only be seen by people with an affinity to the Island. These people are important to the Others, since they need/want to communicate with their Island. This is why they were so interested in Ben, and Walt, and Locke.

Besides, there was a flash image of Jacob to be seen. And for some reason, it is quite reminiscent of Locke. I take it as a hint that Locke will die, but Smokie will still appear in the form of Locke.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/gr...cobenhanced.jpg

While we're at it, I also predict Juliet and/or Sawyer will die. Don't know why, just a hunch.

Look at the way he has been manipulating both Locke and Ben.

We haven't seen him manipulate either of them. What we have seen is Richard work with Locke against Ben. This doesn't imply any form of manipulation.

Edited by Tale

Well, if you believe the theory that all illusions (most notably Christian Shepherd, Yemi and Ben's mom) are Smokie, that isn't such a big stretch is it?

I don't remember anyone but Jack seeing his father. So my guess is Smokie aka Jacob aka the Island chooses to whom it reveals itself; or it can only be seen by people with an affinity to the Island. These people are important to the Others, since they need/want to communicate with their Island. This is why they were so interested in Ben, and Walt, and Locke.

Besides, there was a flash image of Jacob to be seen. And for some reason, it is quite reminiscent of Locke. I take it as a hint that Locke will die, but Smokie will still appear in the form of Locke.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u264/gr...cobenhanced.jpg

While we're at it, I also predict Juliet and/or Sawyer will die. Don't know why, just a hunch.

Didn't Walt show signs of "Island Power" off the island? Like the bird he was drawing crashing in the window?

Also, I'd be more inclined to believe Jacob = Island than Jacob = Smokie. Or Smokie = Jacob's "hand".

Meh. Good episode.

I saw someone mention that before. It's possible.

He'll probably heal, but we shouldn't just discount him dying completely. Not all healing on the island is instantaneous, though his spinal damage sure seemed to be.

This last episode was really incredible, except for Jacob, it seemed quite of out tune with the rest - but as everything else in this show, I'm sure there's a perfectly abnormal and obscure explenation for it.

I've been dying to know more about The Dharma Initiative vs "The Others" how they were connected and what exactly happened - great revelation! (btw - how the **** do they make those strange whispering noises!??)

Something that keeps ringing in my ear though, is the fact that they found the plane out in the "real" world - with all the people dead and accounted for..

also something Richard said to Juliet earlier, when he was recruiting her - "we're located just outside of Portland" - which is where Ben was actually born. Which makes me think he has alot to say in the coming episodes.

This show is building up like nothing I've ever seen, it's either gonna be the best series I've ever seen or the biggest dissapointment...

-

ps. I found it quite ironic that Charlie and Hurley found Ben's dad, knocked his head off, and took a ride in the car.

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Something that keeps ringing in my ear though, is the fact that they found the plane out in the "real" world - with all the people dead and accounted for..

There was something on the Lost website between season 1 and 2 with a plane seating chart. If you clicked around, the flight number would change. There is some kind of "2nd plane" thing going on.

I think the idea that the island could be "purgatory" or something is clearly just there to mislead at this point.

Edited by kumquatq3

It's not purgatory. Damon Lindelof, the producer, and others have stated multiple times that it's not purgatory and they're not dead.

They didn't find the plane in the real world with them all dead, that was a coverup.

It's not purgatory. Damon Lindelof, the producer, and others have stated multiple times that it's not purgatory and they're not dead.

They didn't find the plane in the real world with them all dead, that was a coverup.

I feel there's more to it than that. Sure it's in Ben and his gangs best interest to keep the Island unknown, but my gut is telling me that they weren't the ones behind it, at least not completly. "The Box" may have conjured up this fake plane - but at this point we don't know what "The Box" is exactly or who is controlling it. I think there's another player in this game, one we have yet to see - and one who is playing on all the hands.

Fortune favors the bald.

I highly doubt Ben was behind it but I think it's obvious that the plane thing was a cover up by "the dharma initiative" who as we have seen have vast amounts of resources at their disposal. So fabricating a plane and paying off some people wouldn't be a stretch for them at all.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Dharma Initiative seems to have been completely killed off. What I don't get is what is the relationship between the hostiles/others and the multinational company that hires the people that go to the island.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Dharma Initiative seems to have been completely killed off. What I don't get is what is the relationship between the hostiles/others and the multinational company that hires the people that go to the island.

Then what about that food dropoff .. Dharma still exists, but just not on the Island. The Others have, to some extent, taken over much of what Dharma did, except for the eksperimental psychological research. There still seems to be no connection besides Ben however.

It could seem though, that The Others and Dharma had the initial same goal - to explore the Island - both geographical and in all other aspect. The use of advanced technology, versus a "natural connection" to The Island, seemed to be their main difference though - so maybe Richard, Jacob and the likes were a splinter group of Dharma? And Ben united the ideas in helping to wipe off Dharma..

Fortune favors the bald.

In one of Ben's childhood flashbacks, the village is attacked. When someone asks him whats going on, the guy that played Mr. Tooms on X-Files says they were "having problems with the natives", which Richard is a part of(apparently).

It seemed to me, more than ever before since Henry Gale appeared on the show, that the island is a playground for Ben, where Jacob satisfies his every needs.

There was a Star Trek TNG episode that was like this. Riker wakes up one morning and finds himself old, married to Troi with a son who's learning to play the tuba. As it turns out, the son is an alien living in a cave built by his dead mother that works like a holodeck, granting everything he wants. The boy alien kidnapped Riker and was using him as the father he never had.

More and more I'm thinking this is what Jacob or the Island is. A "living holodeck" for Ben.