LOST

kumquatq3

Does anyone else think that the rest of the castaways will have trust issues with Jack and Juliet?

So do you think the monster did a retinal scan of Juliet?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Does anyone else think that the rest of the castaways will have trust issues with Jack and Juliet?

So do you think the monster did a retinal scan of Juliet?

I think all the lostaways will move into the village.

But that's pretty obvious.

It'd be cool if by the end of the series, the Lostaways become new "Others". Like the last shot of the series is Sawyer looking up at the sky from the center of the village, watching another plane crash...

I'm a little confused on my island geography here. So now the monster is trapped in the Others section of land? That may make the relocation effort a little more difficult. Besides, half the appeal of them being castaways would be LOST ( weak pun intended) if they all lived in condos.

Okay, I realize that the Van and Dharma Beer negate that last bit.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The monster isn't stuck in their land. It can't even get inside of their place becuase of the sonic emitter barrier thing.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm a little confused on my island geography here. So now the monster is trapped in the Others section of land?

Kate and Juliet were running towards the village and left black smoke outside the fence. Though, there was some confusing directing involved.

Splendid episode btw. I loved how Juliet totally wiped the floor with Kate in the beginning. :thumbsup:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Great episode.

I was wondering, where are all the children and the other abductees? Are they still in the other island?

Lost still hasnt explained what in the world the others are up to, who they are and why they abducted those people.

Soaked Kate and Juliet wrestling= entertainment.

And the black cloud was just thrown in for the hell of it...what a great roar it makes, though; something like a cyborg dino-elephant (possibly from outer space).

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

It took me a little longer to watch this episode than normal, but I'm pretty pleased with the result. The end may have been a bit predictable for some, but I bought everything up to that hook, line, and sinker.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I suspected from the beginning that Juliet was an infiltrator. This suspicion increased a lot when that specially hidden stash under the marked tree was revealed. When Jack told her that he knew she wanted to get off the island more than anything else, that confirmed it. I didnt think they would actually reveal the conversation between Juliet and Ben though. Its better this way as theres more suspense.

Lost has pretty much redeemed itself with the last episodes.

It took me a little longer to watch this episode than normal, but I'm pretty pleased with the result. The end may have been a bit predictable for some, but I bought everything up to that hook, line, and sinker.

You and me both. I didnt see that coming at all.

Me three. What I saw can be described in three words: no-bra-bounce.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Lollercoasters Kiro-chan. She's kinda got it going on, for a cougar.

Now I wonder what Ben has in store for the LOSTaways when he comes to get Juliette in a week.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm really confused, given Juliet's backstory, why she is so loyal. She's like brainwashed loyal, not forced loyal. It's bizarre. Michael kinda had the same thing going on, and I was never totally convinced that his situation warranted his actions.

I want to argue that fear for her sisters' safety is what is keeping Juliet in tow, but you're right, Hurlshot, it does seem a bit strange. I think that the scientist in her might be part of it as well. Sort of like she knows what Dharma is capable of, and doesn't want to be left out.

Of course lets not forget that she's also loyal enough to convince Jack to try and kill Ben.

My thoughts on her character are kind of mixed. Part of me wants someone like Sayid to torture her to get some answers. But another part is pretty impressed with what a super cold manipulative lying bitch. It's kind of a turn on. Too bad she isn't crazier than a **** house rat. That would make her perfect for me.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Of course lets not forget that she's also loyal enough to convince Jack to try and kill Ben

That was probably just one of Bens schemes. Probably to get Jack to trust Juliet, make him feel they were in it together.

I want to argue that fear for her sisters' safety is what is keeping Juliet in tow, but you're right, Hurlshot, it does seem a bit strange.

Maybe Ben has offered her another chance to get off the island.

Great episode!

Some things:

First, about the "box" mentioned in previous episodes, while watching this latest installment I couldn't get out of my mind the possibility that the flight, the crash and every LOSTaway is a product of that "box".

This would make all the questions answered with one single solution to every puzzle.

No?

I think Juliette is doublecrossing Ben, not Jack. She wants to get off the island and maybe she now believes her chances are better with Jack and the gang. She knows Ben will never let anyone leave.

First, about the "box" mentioned in previous episodes, while watching this latest installment I couldn't get out of my mind the possibility that the flight, the crash and every LOSTaway is a product of that "box".

This would make all the questions answered with one single solution to every puzzle.

No?

I believe the "box" to be a metaphor for the Island's ability to manifest its dwellers' deepest unconscious desires. In most cases, this means closure with their inner demons. Thus they are confronted with them in the form of the apparitions (assuming they are just that): Jack's dad, Kate's horse, Hurley's Dave etc.

In Ben's case, it is many things, most notably curing his tumor and protecting his home. And suddenly, a plane drops out of the sky, and amongst its survivors conveniently are Jack, a spinal surgeon, and Locke, who seems to be on a quest guided by the Island to rid it of everything that offers even the slightest chance of escape/intrusion.

What I'm saying, is that every survivor of Flight 815 might just have a role to fulfill that fits in Ben's grand unconscious desire.

I'm also starting to suspect "the box" is "the universe's way of course correcting itself", and Flight 815 going off course definitely has something to do with that.

I thought Ben was "No one" compared to the real leader. I remember Ben saying he was no one, and I think Juliet said the same thing. I don't know, maybe I've been smoking too much meth or something but im pretty sure I recall them saying that, unless it was just a lie. I'm very gullible. >_<

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

When Kate asked Ben in the hatch about the guy with the beard (Tom), he answered with "Him? He's nothing. No one!". So he wasn't talking about himself. But he did mention that the man who is behind all this is a great man, a magnificent man.

And when Mikhail spoke to Kate, Locke and Sayid about the magnificent man who brought them all to the Island, Kate responded with "If Ben's so great...", to which Mikhail replied "Ben? Ben is not..."

Finally, there have been a few mentionings of a man named Jacob in season 3. The first time was when Pickett said "Shephard wasn't even on Jacob's list". In the brainwashing scene, the text "God loves you as He loved Jacob" appeared (which Carl also mumbled in the boat with Kate and Sawyer). And just last episode, Ben said to Juliet that Jacob himself would see to it that her sister got cured.

So Ben is not quite no one, but there seems to be someone even higher up the ranks. Now this Jacob might very well be one of Ben's cons, but I suspect it'll be someone we've seen already.