Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

I watched Back To School - which is basically Rodney Dangerfield being the man; I liked the Vonnegut cameo; "Thornton Melon: What's your favorite subject? - Bubbles: Poetry - Thornton Melon: Really? Well, maybe you can help me straighten out my Longfellow"; L'Arm

Stranger Than Fiction

It was rather funny and quirky, and the story was nice until the ending which was a bit iffy and forced. Maggie Gyllenhaal and Emma Thompson were quite great. Will Ferrel and Dustin Hoffman were, at least, competent.

Also, Gyllenhaal is totally hawt. I should finally get around to buying Secretary on DVD.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

'The Descent'

First half or so of the movie was incredibly boring. Just getting to know the ladies so their possible future deaths might have some meaning. Unfortunatly it was dull and I could care less.

Once they finally meet the creature it actually became a pretty decent horror movie. I jumped like a jack rabbit hooked up to an electrode when the creature was standing by them in the bone pile. >_<

Unfortunatly the end of the movie was a complete rip off of an old Twilight Zone episode.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

The Last Detail

This is one of the better movies I've seen as of late, despite the bad cover. Dennis Quaid is insanely young in it. Supposively theres might be a sequel of this film, which would be really crazy since it was released in 1973

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Terminator 2. :)

Best movie ever. :thumbsup:

--

Screamers - very good!

Ultraviolet - very bad...so bad it was actually good!

Ultraviolet was cool. :dancing:

Terminator 3. How depressing. All the work they did in the first two movies to prevent the Apocalypse was for nothing, it happened any way.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Ultraviolet was cool. :thumbsup:

hi-five!

It was worth, at least, the one watch.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Grave of Fireflies

:'(

I don

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Random Hearts.

Probably the first movie I've ever seen where I found Harrison Ford's character portrayal to be generally unlikable. The film has some talented people, and some brief cameos from some 24 stars, but the pacing was glacial and the character-sympathy needed for this kind of movie to work just wasn't there.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ultraviolet was cool. :)

The action scenes were super nifty and the movie on a whole was a visual treat, but the dialogue was cringe worthy horrendous.

Terminator 3. How depressing. All the work they did in the first two movies to prevent the Apocalypse was for nothing, it happened any way.

Hey, on the bright side we'll have a T4. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll have Arnie. <_<

manthing2.jpg

Hollywoodland was surprisingly awesome. Also, it's the first movie where Affleck is not awful since Chasing Amy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

A History of Violence: excellent. Not for the younger audience. Crisp script and terrific performances.

Paycheck (sic). I watched this with trepidation, as Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman aren't on my top 100 list of actors ... though the fact that it was based on a PKD novel did urge me contrariwise. I must say it was remarkably okay (hardly worth an entire film, but a neat idea).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What's the error in the name? I'd like to know so I don't make it myself.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh, ok. Huge nitpick that there.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT SO IMPORTANT THAT I MUST USE ALL CAPS TO EMPHASIZE THE POINT AND HELP DISGUISE THE ALMOST POINTLESSNESS POINT OF IT.

Edit:

Also, the narrative was supposedly set in the "not-too-distant-future", so a cheque is almost completely anachronistic, anyway ... it'd be a direct funds transfer (and in point of fact it was more a notarized share certificate). ;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That's right, It's "cheque", mate.

And don't you forget it! :D

X-men 3.

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I knew the British English form was cheque(from French no less), thank you Colrom. I just didn't see the error. :D

I saw the latest Jet Li flick called Fearless and it completely blew me away. I don't exactly what was so right about it compared to for example Danny the Dog, which I also watched(was decent), but there was something vividly enthralling in the mix of national melodrama and fierce kung-fu.

kirottu said:

I knew the British English form was cheque(from French no less), thank you Colrom. I just didn't see the error. :D

I saw the latest Jet Li flick called Fearless and it completely blew me away. I don't exactly what was so right about it compared to for example Danny the Dog, which I also watched(was decent), but there was something vividly enthralling in the mix of national melodrama and fierce kung-fu.

The only Jet Li fim that beats Fearless imo is Fist of Legend. Jet Li + Army of magical ninjas or something = teh awesome(thanks for the advice Baley)

it's the American English use of "check" instead of the correct "cheque". :dancing:

The USA don't use the French spelling of the word and neither should the Brits. But thanks for playing.

Watch Aliens last night, awesome movie. Full of colourful people and humour that is dished out by Hudson.

:thumbsup:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.