Setzer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-uWBPCmkSec

That's if you absolutely hate the data transfer speed of Yahoo movies, like me.

The trailer is glorious. I haven't been as hyped for a movie since freaking Sin City.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Cant they simply make a movie without that many special effects??? The trailer sucked badly... It's just like any hollywoodian movie... and they overdid it with the spartans: the guys who made the movie read too much marvel and DC comics... meh...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Holy ****!

@Ramza: This is based on a comic book. That's the whole point.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

why oh why is frank miller deified? He's screwy and doesn't work with what exsists.

Also I think the trailer looks like LOTR with greeks.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Cant they simply make a movie without that many special effects???

What is wrong with special effects? Its just a means to an end with regards to visual style.

@calax: What do you mean by "He's screwy and doesn't work with what exsists."?

I dont have anything against special effects but they seem to have become the most important feature in movies, these last 15 years. WTH, acting, scenario and all the rest goes behing the stunning visual and audio effects. meh, I am unimpressed and feel a nostalgia for the 80's movies... What makes things worse is that the place of computers in the making of movies has gone way too far (everything is made out of computers and the actors just stand there and play, everything just looks fake)... what happened to the good "old" ways of movie-making?

PS: we tend to see that in video games too (FF series for example) to my greatest disappointment... I am not someone that is easily impressed by mere eye candy...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Subjectivity my dear ramza.

The point in making a movie in hollywood is also to grasp peoples attentions during commercials so that they will spend money to see it. If special effects helps them make money, and add to the feeling for me, i don't have a qualm with it then.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I dont have anything against special effects but they seem to have become the most important feature in movies, these last 15 years. WTH, acting, scenario and all the rest goes behing the stunning visual and audio effects. meh, I am unimpressed and feel a nostalgia for the 80's movies... What makes things worse is that the place of computers in the making of movies has gone way too far (everything is made out of computers and the actors just stand there and play, everything just looks fake)... what happened to the good "old" ways of movie-making?

PS: we tend to see that in video games too (FF series for example) to my greatest disappointment... I am not someone that is easily impressed by mere eye candy...

80s? Good old ways? The big special effects craze in blockbuster movies started in the 70s with two huge blockbusters: Star Wars and Jaws.

And anyway, if you're watching movies for the story and characters and the writing and the directing, you should stay away from blockbusters anyway.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

And the original comic was supposed to have an art style and colour scheme that resembled Ancient Greek amphoras. The movie is just going for the same thing. You need special effects for that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

@calax: What do you mean by "He's screwy and doesn't work with what exsists."?

Recently he did the Batman: Year One miniseries, which is an origin story of batman and several of his opponents. Only problem is that he took characters and made them into what they never were (Catwoman for example was a prostitute in year one. She'd never stoop that low on the ladder to survive). He's also a kook in that he's the one writing Batman: Holy Terror where batman hunts down and captures Osama Bin Laden.

In "Dark Knight Strikes Again" he took a story and turned it into a chaotic bucket of ideas that he tried to turn into some sembalance of a story but ended up with the reader feeling like they just read five seperate unrelated nonsequiters.

He's also a born again Patriot.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Frank Miller didn't direct the movie, so who cares.

Yes he has done some less than fantastic projects, but he has also done some extremely good ones. Sin City turned out rather well I think, there is some hope that this might too.

Incidentially, there is no 'American' perspective to the 300 story. American military historians have a soft spot for ancient Grece, but I have a hard time seeing the story as analogous to anything contemporary.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Incidentially, there is no 'American' perspective to the 300 story. American military historians have a soft spot for ancient Grece, but I have a hard time seeing the story as analogous to anything contemporary.

Well the bad guys in the movie are Persian. :-"

Hahahhahahahha :)

It looks awesome. I'll see it.

American perspective my ass. Want a movie that doesn't have an American edge to it? Don't watch war movies made in America. Simple.

Secondly, judge the movie on its own merits, not on the psycho who created its basis. If it's meant to be a high flying action movie, and you expect a dramatic love story so judge it based on that, you're an ****, and you need to die.

And stop with the anti-american ****. We know you don't like America. Got it. Check. List's apparently done, as that seems to be one of the only things you have a problem not bitching about.

The movie has an interesting style, and an interesting premise. Leave it at that.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

From what little I've read of the film, asking that it be done without many special effects is like asking Sin City be done without many special effects.

The CGI isn't there because some producers thought "lets make a flashy effects movie the kids will love", they serve to create a specific style.

Edited by Hell Kitty

American perspective my ass. Want a movie that doesn't have an American edge to it? Don't watch war movies made in America. Simple.

Secondly, judge the movie on its own merits, not on the psycho who created its basis. If it's meant to be a high flying action movie, and you expect a dramatic love story so judge it based on that, you're an ****, and you need to die.

And stop with the anti-american ****. We know you don't like America. Got it. Check. List's apparently done, as that seems to be one of the only things you have a problem not bitching about.

I remember Eldar (at least I think it was Eldar) in a thread on the Lair saying he was worried Alfonso Cuar

It looks awesome. I'll see it.

The movie has an interesting style, and an interesting premise. Leave it at that.

This doesn't sound like a LoveWolf at all.. more like a HateWolf :'(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!