Setzer

boring....another empty movie about courage, honor and sacrifice from an American perspective.....sick of those lousy movies....

I would love to see a WW2 themed movie from a japanese or german perspective

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but if it isn't, Clint Eastwood's about to release a WW2 movie told from the Japanese perspective. If that was your post was nodding towards, then... whatever. The thing about war movies post-Saving Private Ryan (or war itself post-Vietnam) is that "the glory of war" theme has become rather quaint. That's why it's relegated to these schlocky action movies.

there isn't a mainstream pro-nazi or facist film .. I believe this is what he wants to see.. forgetting though, that these point of views are no longer German or Japanese.. Germany would never endorse films that glorified that part of their past and neither would Japan I believe..

--

and I liked the dark style of the film .. but not having read (or heard about) the cartoon I thought the Persians were alittle over the top .. they seemed more like semi-monters than anything..

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

there isn't a mainstream pro-nazi or facist film .. I believe this is what he wants to see.. forgetting though, that these point of views are no longer German or Japanese.. Germany would never endorse films that glorified that part of their past and neither would Japan I believe..

--

and I liked the dark style of the film .. but not having read (or heard about) the cartoon I thought the Persians were alittle over the top .. they seemed more like semi-monters than anything..

no, i dont mean a pro-nazi film, just one what shows the real actions and thoughts of them then, there is one movie abou that, and it wasnt long ago it got out,

it was about Hitlers gain of power, and his death.

PS: would also like to see a movie in the view of persians against Alex

IB1OsQq.png

no, i dont mean a pro-nazi film, just one what shows the real actions and thoughts of them then, there is one movie abou that, and it wasnt long ago it got out,

Well then you have a huge list to choose from.. I personally recommend Stalingrad and Das Boot.. and for the English/Japanese view see "Empire of the Sun"

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Recently? Recently?  Batman: Year One came out in 1986/87, which was before you were even born!  Further, it was a reboot of the Batman mythos following Crisis on Infinite Earths and was in the same vein as Man of Steel.

Holy Terror has Bats going after Al Qaeda agents, not bin Laden.  Miller's stressed that point several times.

DK:SA was crap, I'll agree with that.

There isn't a bloody thing wrong with being a patriot.

Note: If your going to try and insult me, get your facts strait genius.

Yes it was a reboot but it was a horrible reboot. You don't have a high class jewel theif turning tricks for 20 bucks on the street because you want to be grungy.

As for holy Terror, you don't send a fake character after a real thing for the same reason you don't send superman in to capture hitler. It wouldn't work because it'd feel all wrong.

And no, theres nothing wrong with being a patriot... just somthing wrong when you think that batman is to be your vehicle for patriotism. Batman is the antithesis of everything the law stands for. If you want to be patriotic, be nice to Superman fer christs sakes.

yes... I do like posting willy nilly with minimal checking of facts... it's fun and often gets more of a response than posting correctly

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Superman had alraedy been done.

It's not at all uncommon for comicbook superheroes to be used in patriotic means.

Except that Superman in Frankies comics, is a complete wuss who is used by the government. Admittedly he's an earth bound GOD who's used by the government, but usually miller treats Superman like the worlds best punching bag and makes Superman into the bad guy.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So is your criticism of Batman in a role that other superheroes have been in (helping the military) more because you don't like Frank Miller, or because you actually didn't like the role?

For what it's worth, I think Superman helping the military in WW2 was stupid, because it just leads me to think "hey, why didn't he just go get Hitler?"

Denmark! Denmark is the state that something rotten is in!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well then you have a huge list to choose from.. I personally recommend Stalingrad and Das Boot.. and for the English/Japanese view see "Empire of the Sun"

http://finnish.imdb.com/title/tt0346293/

That's also a pretty great mini-series.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^Uh-huh. I think it's damn funny.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds