What Sex Do You Play?

Dark_Raven

Which sex do you mostly play in RPGs?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which sex do you mostly play in RPGs?

• Female
    • Male
    • Both

I would play male in KotOR 2 to avoid Disciple.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

What? I would not subjugate the Ebon Hawk to the putridness and cringing presence that is Disciple. Besides, having a near naked handmaiden is far far far better than scattered brain manblond clogging the intakes.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Does anyone actually play a female dwarf or half orc?

:lol:

I concur, wholeheartedly.

The only races I've played in the past have been human, elf, and half-elf. (Well, I did play a 'fuzzy' in Ultima 3, but with its generic graphics it really didn't matter what race/gender my characters was.) I might consider an aasimar someday.

I play female mainly, because I prefer to experience how the gender affects the plot: which is typically much easier with a female than a male, as (typically) the default PC is assumed to be male.

Also, my personality orientation-mode complex is so well balanced that I can enjoy characters that are from all parts of the spectrum, including the realms traditionally attributed to both genders.

My fourth game of NwN2 is with a male character.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I play male. Then I play male again. And again. And again, and again, and again until I run out of ideas and want to be really alternative or politically correct and play a chick or a black dude (OR a black chick!).

Actually I do tend to play male most of the time. I really am not secure enough in my sexuality to feel that androgynous for 60-ish hours.

I'm a little shocked that the sexist comments haven't drawn a little outrage (I'm a little offended at comments about "women can't", "shoe shopping" and "sandwich making").  Nice to know the ladies here are above responding to obvious flame-baiting.

:rolleyes:

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Single Player - Mostly my own gender, but i do try a female avatar every now and then.

Multi Player - Always my own gender, with no exception. The last time i tried using a female character i had so many greasy 13 year olds thinking i was a female player, some of which even tried to hit on me (i **** you not), i'd rather be raped by midgets then going through that experience again...

as others have said; If there's a difference when playing a female, compared to male .. I play both, but if there isn't - I only play male..

I knew you liked me

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Single Player - Mostly my own gender, but i do try a female avatar every now and then.

Multi Player - Always my own gender, with no exception. The last time i tried using a female character i had so many greasy 13 year olds thinking i was a female player, some of which even tried to hit on me (i **** you not), i'd rather be raped by midgets then going through that experience again...

You just gotta roll with it. You lead them on until it progresses to the cybersex stage and then you whip you e-prick out. If they cry foul tell them you're roleplaying a pre-op transexual. :thumbsup:

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Both, though mostly female. I agree with metadigital's comments on male being the default.

I've always had many more females in my life than males, particularly in meaningful roles, and I'm not so insecure in my gender identity that I feel the need to stick to my own.

I had the same problem with playing female characters online until I changed my username to unambiguously indicate my gender. Problem solved.

As for the poll, both, male on the first playthrough.

I usually play both genders. A game like Baldur's Gate 2 or Kotor 2 I will play a male more often because the romances are better.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

meta's point about default gender plot-scripting is interesting. Typically true, although I think it's starting to change a little over time, slowly.

But I remember when you almost never had a choice - particularly in non-RPG's. I was a male in all the Dooms, a male mage in Diablo, and you get used to looking at a male avatar and hairy hands. :D

But perhaps that's one small reason I never developed much of a sense of "deep roleplaying" for video games...I don't mind playing as a male and game-wise it's often interesting story-wise...but I don't relate to it very well roleplaying-wise when there's visuals drawn out for me - unlike books where a male narrator point-of-view can feel like "mine" as I'm reading - and thus...

I don't know where I'm going with this...just thinking out loud.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You mean you no like romancing Atton :'(

No Atton for me. :)

Diablo 2 I will play as the sorceress, I like the spells that she has available. I don't care much for games that force you to play a set gender. I like the flexibility choosing what I want to play.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Doggie.

Female or both. Mainly female for some reason. Especially in WoW (NE Butt FTW).

My server must be strange....seems like most people just assume all female characters are dudes until proven otherwise.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Both, though mostly female. I agree with metadigital's comments on male being the default.

I've always had many more females in my life than males, particularly in meaningful roles, and I'm not so insecure in my gender identity that I feel the need to stick to my own.

I seriously doubt it's because of gender insecurity that men play males.. ^_^

Fortune favors the bald.