NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

Who cares if it's part of other products or not? The important thing is to consider if it is benefitial to the game.

spider seems a bit confused. poison not incubate. poison effects in nwn2 can (and does) do con damage and strength damage and other stuff, and they does so immediate.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The auto-rez'ing is one thing, but what about the "sitting on the sidewalk for 5 seconds to get full party-heal" -option? Why even bother memorizing healing-spells, or having a cleric in your party at all? Just die, and sit down afterwards to get a full party-heal.

Seems to me not much different from NWN1.

Well.. I said the same thing about NWN1 4 years ago.. ^_^

Anyway, now that you have a party with cleric(s) and all, this hardly seems necessary.

I like it. This way you do not have to waste time with resurrection scrolls or spells.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

spider seems a bit confused.  poison not incubate.  poison effects in nwn2 can (and does) do con damage and strength damage and other stuff, and they does so immediate. 

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

I could be a bit confused yeah. I seemed to recall poison having one immediate effect and then replicating that effect a little bit later at the same time the poison icon goes away. But I'm not at all sure of this, I was just including the possibility that poison was worse than just the original effect so I wasn't trivializing it. If it's only the one time effect, then it's even less threatening.

There are only two fights in the game that even resemble a challenge (the dragons), and neither is helped all that much by having uber equipment. Sure, armor of fire resistance is nice versus the red dragon, but not as nice as energy immunity and so on.

The dragons were a joke. I went through both fights without anyone going down... and I didnt even use crafting in my game. The fight with the dragons and the fire giants was a massacre.

blah blah blah

WOW you're all so freaking hardcore!

I couldn't beat the first god damn dragon even though i brought the setting down to easy and reloaded like crazy. It just wasnt possible with the gear and the people i brought with me.

it might be that I autoleveled all the way and never bothered to craft anything but the game was ****ing hard, playing on hardcore setting wasnt even an option for me.

i think i'm a fairly average player and the game difficulty was perfect for me,

even assuming i'm somewhat below average then moving the slider to hardcore would most certainly be enoguh to challenge the normal guy playing the game

(as a side note i only reloaded once or twice playing NWN)

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I've mentioned previously (but not in the post roshan quoted) that it's very likely that NWN2 is easy for me due to my fairly extensive experiences with D&D crpgs. Had NWN2 been the first D&D crpg I played, I would probably have found it more difficult than I did, but as it is I find it to be very easy. It's hard to be a developer and try and accommodate all levels of experience with these types of games.

that is why developers add difficulty settings am not sure what setting most of you is playing this thing at, but with aut0-resurect we had to move slider up to the highest setting, at which point the enemies does 200% damage. poison effects (likes noxious clouds of some critters) and level drain makes such battles 'gainst those boosted enemies more than a little diffficult.

if you complain 'bout difficulty and never bother to adjust difficulty slider, then we gots little compassion. yeah, iwd2 difficulty slider were a joke, so don't even bring that nonsense up as reason not to use difficulty to tailor. nwn2 slider does make game increasingly more difficult w/o increases in xp awards and such.

if you note that game is too easy, but not factor in auto-ressurect and insta-sleep as good reasons to adjust slider, then we is left somewhat baffled... and if you still claims that at most difficut setting the game were a breeze, then we is gonna probably continue to disbelieve.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

" only one has resurrection as casual as it is in D&D. And that's, well D&D. "

No. It's not casual in D&D. Most definitely not pnp.

D&D CRPG does not = D&D pnp.

"if you complain 'bout difficulty and never bother to adjust difficulty slider, then we gots little compassion."

I play D&D games to play D&D. Not make believe rules. If companies cna't make games challenging using the Core D&D rules settings than they are doing a poor job DMing.

I'm not gonna chnage the settings just to make up for poor deisgn. Sorry.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How could they account to both you, who probably has the odd 20 years of D&D experience to make whatever encounter easy, and the casual gamer, who has most likely only played KOtOR and Diablo 2, in the same core rules difficulty? That's right, they can't.

Face it, you are too well versed in the setting and the rules already.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Tough. That's why they get paid the big bucks.

And, perhaps, instead of 'easy, normal, core, and super dififcult' modes; they can have 'newbie, core, and powermad dm' modes.

Edited by Volourn

Resurrection (or raise dead) is available to any cleric of level 9 and above, is it not? To me, that's casual. Allowing the players to have access to such a spell at all even is casual in my eyes.

"Resurrection (or raise dead) is available to any cleric of level 9 and above, is it not? To me, that's casual. Allowing the players to have access to such a spell at all even is casual in my eyes."

Read the D&d books before making stuff up.

You need divine intervention to get a true resurrection, right? Raise dead on the other hand needs costly ingredients, but is gained by any cleric above 9nth level(with exceptions of course).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"if you complain 'bout difficulty and never bother to adjust difficulty slider, then we gots little compassion."

I play D&D games to play D&D. Not make believe rules. If companies cna't make games challenging using the Core D&D rules settings than they are doing a poor job DMing.

I'm not gonna chnage the settings just to make up for poor deisgn. Sorry.

that is... idiotic.

game is too easy and you ain't enjoying as much 'cause of things like auto-ressurect and insta-sleep (which ain't d&d rules btw.) however, there is a feature included in game that can makes game combats more difficult, but you refuse to use on moral grounds?

poolofpoo thinks game is hard at whatever setting he/she gots it at. pool is not alone. obsidian has to be dm for poo and vol and spider and Gromnir.

we knew a guy who wouldn't take his tb meds. he was sure he gots tb on a plane trip to seattle, and he wanted the airline to admit that he got tb on their plane... but he wouldn't take his meds 'cause that would be "letting that $%#@ing airline off the hook!"

forget it. you peoples is nuts.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we get that is sucks that you gotta play game on normal or hardcore for some signifficant period of time 'fore you realize combats is too easy, but once it is clear that game is to easy at whatever setting you got it at, and there is 'nother more difficult setting available...

forget it. forgetitforgetitforgetit... am not gonna chase you folks down the rabbit hole.

Edited by Gromnir

What was I making up?

From the players manual:

"Raise Dead

Conjuration (Healing)

Level: Clr 5

Components: V, S, M, DF

Casting Time: 1 minute

Range: Touch

Target: Dead creature touched

Duration: Instantaneous

Saving Throw: None; see text

Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You restore life to a deceased creature. You can raise a creature that has been dead for no longer than one day per caster level. In addition, the subject

resurrection and raise dead not equal in D&D. aut0-reurect ain't the 9th level spell, but it is a dman sight better/cheaper than raise dead too.

forgetit... am done with this line o' silliness.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

*sigh*

I know that the spells Resurrection and Raise Dead are functionally different. I was talking about resurrection as in the effect when I said it was available from level 9.

But the difference isn't really that big. Resurrection gives full HP and can be cast years after death as long as a fragment of the body exists, but otherwise it's pretty much the same. You're still brought back to life and you still lose a level.

But even if there is a lot more to it that I am missing it doesn't change anything. Raise Dead is enough for me to make bringing-back-to-life casually available in the game system. This has still not been refuted by anyone.

There are only two fights in the game that even resemble a challenge (the dragons), and neither is helped all that much by having uber equipment. Sure, armor of fire resistance is nice versus the red dragon, but not as nice as energy immunity and so on.

The dragons were a joke. I went through both fights without anyone going down... and I didnt even use crafting in my game. The fight with the dragons and the fire giants was a massacre.

blah blah blah

WOW you're all so freaking hardcore!

I couldn't beat the first god damn dragon even though i brought the setting down to easy and reloaded like crazy. It just wasnt possible with the gear and the people i brought with me.

it might be that I autoleveled all the way and never bothered to craft anything but the game was ****ing hard, playing on hardcore setting wasnt even an option for me.

i think i'm a fairly average player and the game difficulty was perfect for me,

even assuming i'm somewhat below average then moving the slider to hardcore would most certainly be enoguh to challenge the normal guy playing the game

(as a side note i only reloaded once or twice playing NWN)

Dont use auto levelling. You will end up gimping your character. Build one for yourself.

I am not quite following Bioboards lately; is there any info on when 1.03 (non-beta) patch will be out?

It has been tested and Obsidian gave it to Atari at the end of this week so it would come early next week.

...I canna wait, as I's gettin' a pretty damn annoyin' bug that hits random-like e'ery now an' then; the damn screen goes inta "whirlwind" mode an' jus' pans 'round an' 'round ta the right...usually takes 'bout 30 seconds o' hittin' the right arrow key 'afore it stops (the left one does shyte durin' all this)...me poor Paladunce be gonna git Vertigo soon if'n this ain't fixed wit' a patch or somesuch...other than that, though, I's havin' alot o' fun, although Neeshka'd 'ave already been skewered on me sword if'n I wasna a Paladunce...whoe'er did that voice needs a rap or two upside the head wit' the flat o' an axe... :bat:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Lots of people seem to have driver/hardware issues. When I installed the beta patch all it took was a simple camera sensitivity adjustment and my scrolling works fine. In fact the entire game, from a technical standpoint, works better. Still too slow compared to better looking games, and I'm stuck playing it in old-fashioned 1024x768 until they get the CPU side of the engine more optimized. Not that it would help much though, as the textures don't seem to improve much beyond 1024x768.

There are some gameplay issues, but the final edition of the 1.03 patch should take care of a few of them.

I'm beginning to think Obsidian should have licensed the HL2 engine and modified it to be an RPG. Then I'd be able to play it at my monitor's native resolution without having to upgrade my hardware.