NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

3) gem bags and scroll cases... and for crafting munchkins maybe add bag for crafting materials too.

you got no chests or barrels to be storing 1007... 'least not w/o risk o' loss when modules change. so give us some way to store more 1007 on characters themselves.

Have you not seen / used the magic bags? There aren't that many of them (going through 2/3 of the game I have 2 bags, a -40% and a -60%) but with the 1.03 patch they can hold something like 143 items each, and stacked items will count as single items. I give Sand the -40% one and he stock all scrolls, gems and reagents he needs in it.

If you right click on the protagonist (or his/her portrait) and select "Broadcast Command -> Follow Me" then all of the companions will obey the order. This applies to the other commands as well.

I think he's saying that he's aware of that, but general responsiveness is an issue. And he's right.

Personally I'd really, really like to see some big changes to the AI, spellcasting and pathfinding and whatnot. I wouldn't be averse to IE-style scripts instead of Fallout-style universal AI settings that don't seem to have a huge impact one way or the other. I'm not holding out a hell of a lot of hope, though.

Edited by Pop

doesn't seem to work if non-protagonist is "leader."

have neeshka go off scouting and she cannot simply has all joinables stand firm. not seem to always work with protagonist neither.

oh, and as for magic bags... magic bags is pretty expensive at low levels. gonna spend a few thousand gold on 'em? however, if bags now carry +100 items, that may solve problem to some degree.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hmm, that's strange, it usually worked fine for me except for Animal Companions. Apparently, they can only be commanded by their respective masters i.e. Elanee was the only one who could make her damn badger stand still. :rolleyes:

we had 0 luck with non-protagonist... and only slightly better with protagonist. honestly, we thought feature were broken. almost never worked to "broadcast command"... and as such we thought that the times when it did work was simply mistakes.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Broadcast command usually worked fine for me. Characters not following properly was more an issue with faulty pathfinding than the command not working in my case.

Stand your ground has worked flawlessly (if one understands that the person giving the command won't be affected by it if you start using another character)

People adress beta-issues and wishes in 3 different threads now. Why can't mods stop being so damn nazi, and allow people to start a new thread about what they wanna see in new betas? It's not like anyone's reading page 7 in Skeeter's Junkyard NWN2 Technical issues anyway. Threads are filled to the brim with one-liner-bs-posts so that neurotic fanboys can get 10k+ post-counts, but when someone tries to start a new thread about something interesting, they get insta-deleted? :crazy:

J.

we had 0 luck with non-protagonist... and only slightly better with protagonist.  honestly, we thought feature were broken. almost never worked to "broadcast command"... and as such we thought that the times when it did work was simply mistakes.

HA! Good Fun!

I had only one problem: if a stealthed NPC like Neeshka hit a trigger for a conversation, it teleported my protagonist to that point and started a dialogue. And I only observed this once. (Though, it was incredibly annoying that one time.)

Otherwise, leaving characters behind while one person scouted, removed traps or launched hit-and-run attacks worked fine. I used that as a strategy constantly, It made a couple areas trivial.

Trying to get more than one person stealthed (or invisivbility) was a disaster, though. Whoever wasn't under direct control would attack anyone who came within range, which kind of defeated the purpose. It'd presumably work in puppet mode, but I didn't think it was worth the trouble.

"There aren't that many of them (going through 2/3 of the game I have 2 bags"

Eh? I found at leats 10 magic bags, and proably closer to 20. So many of them, in fact, I started elling all the wimpy ones off and only kept a bag of holding and a few of the stronger magic bag holdings.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I had only one problem: if a stealthed NPC like Neeshka hit a trigger for a conversation, it teleported my protagonist to that point and started a dialogue. And I only observed this once. (Though, it was incredibly annoying that one time.)"

that happens ALL the time. we mentioned that in an earlier post... but we can at least understand the cause for that issue. example: you transition from areas if only one character reaches an exit grid. thus you could accidentaly miss important dialogues if you scouted ahead. if you play a rogue you will be similarily taken out of stealth mode when those forced dialogues occur. is poor design, but we get the problem.

"Eh? I found at leats 10 magic bags, and proably closer to 20."

rrrriiiiigggghhhhtttt.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

that happens ALL the time.  we mentioned that in an earlier post... but we can at least understand the cause for that issue.  example: you transition from areas if only one character reaches an exit grid.  thus you could accidentaly miss important dialogues if you scouted ahead.  if you play a rogue you will be similarily taken out of stealth mode when those forced dialogues occur.  is poor design, but we get the problem. 

HA! Good Fun!

It's clear why it gets done--BG and BG2 did it, and explained why in their readme--but at least in those games it didn't re-arrange party locations. And I don't think it de-stealthed you either. I distinctly remember running back to re-organize an assault after a conversation, at least in some of the infinity engine games.

In NWN2, it was worse when it happened. But I just didn't run into that many stealth-breaking conversations. Or maybe I just naturally worked around them, since I knew what to expect when I saw an evil guy not already colored hostile. Either way, I certainly got through most areas using standard stealth, scout, and ambush tactics.

I haven't found as many magic bags as Volourn, but I have found 3 of them during the course of the game, which is plenty.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Not really. I either find or make everything my party uses.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

No patchy for me. I see complaints about it already. Games not loading, crashes, that sort of fun stuff.

just loaded. no problems yet... save that weapons that did positive damage type before is now doing magical. am not sure if it were screwed up before, or is now. ai seems a little more responsive, and camera control is hair-trigger now... hope we can adjust. we did notice tha all containers/corpses holds much greater quantity.

no notice of performance increases, but haven't really tested neither.

HA! Good Fun!

have neeshka go off scouting and she cannot simply has all joinables stand firm.  not seem to always work with protagonist neither.

oh, and as for magic bags... magic bags is pretty expensive at low levels.  gonna spend a few thousand gold on 'em?  however, if bags now carry +100 items, that may solve problem to some degree.

HA! Good Fun!

This is why I said that there needs to be a button to toggle follow universally. Actually there should be universal toggles for all the instructions, but stand your ground is the only one I made use of, so its the only thing relevant to me.

It is really stupid to have to continously hold right, navigate a menu and click two buttons to make people stand their ground. And when you switch to another character you need to repeat the process again because stand your ground will only apply when the character who issued the command is selected.

there is only a handful of shopkeepers that got bags... vol is, as usual, full o' crap. many of those shopkeers that does have bags is not available until relatively later in game... and yeah, in chapter 1 even the magic pouch (smallest bag) were relatively expensive.

HA! Good Fun!

No patchy for me. I see complaints about it already. Games not loading, crashes, that sort of fun stuff.

just loaded. no problems yet... save that weapons that did positive damage type before is now doing magical. am not sure if it were screwed up before, or is now. ai seems a little more responsive, and camera control is hair-trigger now... hope we can adjust. we did notice tha all containers/corpses holds much greater quantity.

no notice of performance increases, but haven't really tested neither.

HA! Good Fun!

Well that is good. If I hear more success replies I may update it this weekend.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"there is only a handful of shopkeepers that got bags... vol is, as usual, full o' crap. many of those shopkeers that does have bags is not available until relatively later in game... and yeah, in chapter 1 even the magic pouch (smallest bag) were relatively expensive."

Wrong on absolutely every account. Why are you sprouting crap? What do you define as 'reltaively expensive', btw? A few hundred gold pieces? R00fles!

I've seen shopkeepers with as many as 3 bags, or so themselves. L0LLERZ

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I actually have to agree with Vol on this. There are plenty of bags in the game. 10 for sure, but I'm not sure about the closer to twenty part. By Act II, you should have something like 5 at least if you want to.

Don't recall the prices of them though. The crappy ones aren't that expensive (a couple of thousand?) and while the good ones may cost a bit more, at the point of the game where those are readily available to buy, money isn't much of an issue anymore.

(I'm pretty sure Deekin sells bags, possibly Sand and the other merchant in the merchant district)