Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So how buggy is NWN2?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
230 replies to this topic

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
The Tmeple of Seasons seems to be majorly bugged. That whole area seemed ruined by me being able lockpick a certain door. R00fles!

taks

taks

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2024 posts
apparently so. i assume you were supposed to make your way through each of the timed battles to the final statue room. has anyone done this? if so, do you miss out on anything other than the battles? are there other rooms as well, such as phat lewt rooms? :huh:

taks

taks

taks

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2024 posts
btw, the snow in the first room was a killer on the fps. stutter mode even though i'm normally over 30 fps. this is why i'm leaning towards a CPU limited engine, not GPU limited.

taks

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
There was no snow. Just a 'wintery' look. Meh. I feel gip. Temple of Seasons was one of the maina reas theyw er eusing to pimp the game, and I didn't even really experience it. LOL!

alanschu

alanschu

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15737 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The temple of seasons worked fine for me.

žoulthief

žoulthief

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 87 posts

i'd have to say this is one of the least buggy games i've played in a looong time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, that's impressive considering this is one of the buggiest games I've ever played.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9073 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Hmm, like every game that comes out on the PC, you have a few folks who absolutely can't play it, a few folks who can play it perfectly, and a majority of folks who run into a bug here and there. But so far the vast majority do not seem to have any gamestopping bugs, and that's about all you can ask for with the way technology is today.

taks

taks

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2024 posts
like, more bugs than toee, or bloodlines, or ultima 9 or any of the BGs, or NWN1, or the IWDs or pool of radiance 2 (oh.my.gawd) buggy? yeah, right.

taks

žoulthief

žoulthief

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 87 posts

Hmm, like every game that comes out on the PC, you have a few folks who absolutely can't play it, a few folks who can play it perfectly, and a majority of folks who run into a bug here and there.  But so far the vast majority do not seem to have any gamestopping bugs, and that's about all you can ask for with the way technology is today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This statement certainly isn't true if you were only counting bioware forum feedback. There is one thread of satisified players, and 3 threads of dissatisfied players nearly foaming at the mouth about game stopping bugs and that always ambiguously phrased lack of "wow factor".

I have a decent system and still find this game unplayable ,even with the 1.01 patch.

Edited by žoulthief, 13 November 2006 - 03:23 PM.

Dark_Raven

Dark_Raven

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 13727 posts
A few random crashes to the desktop with me. :angry:

Other than that I have not experience any bugs.

alanschu

alanschu

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15737 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

like, more bugs than toee, or bloodlines, or ultima 9 or any of the BGs, or NWN1, or the IWDs or pool of radiance 2 (oh.my.gawd) buggy?  yeah, right.

taks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahaha. I think we can include Ultima 9 as one of those games that doesn't fit Hurlshot's definition. Everyone had problems with that game :p

Fortunately, if you registered your game, they sent you a remastered CD with all of the patches on it.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10491 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Depends on the person. Some complain about the camera but for me its not buggy at all. Its a little wonky because zoom speed is too slow and sometimes the camera changes (i.e. when you're under a bridge or an arch), but this happened in NWN1 as well, isnt frequent for me, etc.

I've encountered virtually no bugs and I'm nearly done with the game. What's more, I"m playing on 1.00. The only bug that I even noticed was Blacklake crashing at a particular moment, but I discovered that was because I Used the console to have too many party members.

It's not like my system is great either, I"m barely minimum but with medium settings (looks good) I get good fps outdoors and laggy but sorta ok indoors. Performance and bug wise I have no complaints, whereas some will say this is a beta.

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts
What bugs there are will probably be squished over the course of time. Obsidian and Atari seem to be very dedicated to this game so far.

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5240 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
NWN2 is not even near the level of bugs that haunted Bloodlines or ToEE for that matter, stating anything else as an empirical truth is a flat out lie. It's very inconsistent though, meaning that some some systems experience nothing and others have game-stopping bugs, crashes and terrible performance.

From my experience, it seems like people who own the Geforce 6xxx and 7xxx-series are having a great time with it, and Ati-users are left out in the dark.

taks

taks

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2024 posts
i think they have to be dedicated. D&D crpgs have taken a bit of pummeling in the past few years. not with _every_ game mind you, but POR2 and ToEE stand out as massive failures in one way or another and IWD2 didn't sell like gang-busters. NWN1 obviously did well, and their expansions did fair. this is the follow-up they need to make sales.

you're right alan, everyone had issues with U9. any time a company has to send out a remastered CD, there's something wrong. of course, if you were following development of the game you'd know why that was...

taks

kumquatq3

kumquatq3

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3477 posts
A few crashes and such and things I would call a lack of polish than any real bugs

Deraldin

Deraldin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4033 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer

From my experience, it seems like people who own the Geforce 6xxx and 7xxx-series are having a great time with it, and Ati-users are left out in the dark.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Has an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro* I don't have any problems beyond the fact that it really isn't all that great of a card anymore. Although I seem to be one of those magical people that almost never seem to have any problems with bugs. ^_^

Haitoku

Haitoku

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1471 posts
Only thing that is stopping me from playing is the fact that every time I travel on the world map the game crashes.

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts
I got a x1900 GT and its running great.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9061 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

There is nothing to this game except the critical path. You cannot enter any of the houses. You cannot attack anyone at all except those marked hostile by the game. The areas have only one route through them that you must follow and there are  almost no optional places to visit. You cant even decide who you want in your party, characters are forced on to you by the game.

Is this true? If so, I find that a bit disappointing and reminiscent of linear action-RPG's in terms of world interaction. Course, if done right, it doesn't neccesarily mean a non-fun RPG experience (for me). Well, I shall find out soon enough.

As long as I don't end up with any game-stopper bugs, the rest of the commonly listed glitches I've seen doesn't sound too bad to me. The way I play games I probably (hopefully) won't even notice. :cool:

Nice to read about what others are experiencing tho..stuff I can keep an eye out for.

Edited by LadyCrimson, 13 November 2006 - 04:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users