So how buggy is NWN2?

Atreides

What's to explain? I read federal regulations (CFR 49 Parts 100-185) and proofread paperwork. Mind-numbing, but it pays the bills. I don't think it's reading 'too hard' to see someone's name change in mid-stream, but I guess I'm alone in that regard.

My memory isn't perfect and I make mistakes. However, I noticed this on my first play-through and paid greater attention the second time through, and I'm quite positive it's there. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Back to the topic of NWN2 bugs.

I have been searching all over bloody neverwinter eduring awful loads looking for Sand, a party member, who disappeared from my party after a scripted sequence. Apparently, other people have had him disappear while others have been able to get him back into their party right after the trial.

I have read speculation on the NWN2 boards that this may be an influence related thing, but I dont think that its possible given that I got a lot of influence with Sand while searching for clues. In fact he even appeared before the trial to help me out and told me that he was enjoying himself, or something like that.

Its really unbelievable that the developers could miss something like this. Theres only one path through most of the campaign yet party members DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY after critical plot events and even get permanently MORPHED INTO ANIMALS if you summon familiars or animal companions. This is absolutely outrageous. These problems have not yet been fixed in the latest patch.

Yesterday I had the game freeze after leaving one of the taverns and when I minimized the game Windows itself froze and I had to restart my computer. This morning I had the game freeze as well, I dont remember if it was during an autosave or after leaving a building.

I am never buying an Obsidian game upon release again and I dont think that any game with problems like this can be considered to be more than trash.

Avenger,

If you don't know someone is evil *before* you attack then you can't say that you're being good by attacking them.

Tigrenes:

" That's why I think NWN2 shouldnt show those -1 +1 messages."

Agreed.

Roshan:

" This is absolutely outrageous."

I get the feeling almost everything is with you.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Avenger,

If you don't know someone is evil *before* you attack then you can't say that you're being good by attacking them.

Well, that dryad openly admitted that she helped slaughter a whole village out of revenge. That's pretty evil in my book. :deadhorse:"

You still have a point though, and it's a shame Obsidian didn't impelment the Detect Evil ability for Paladins, even as a simple dialogue option when dealing with evil creatures like in IWD2 for example.

"Current system: Player talks about disciplining kids. Neeshka doesnt like it, - 1 influence.

Better system: Player talks about disciplining kids, Neeshka doesnt like it, - 1 influence."

She actually says that? Since when does Neeshka even care about kiddies? In my game, she got pissed at me because I had the GALL to agree to look for missing chidlren when there was no profit involved.

Anbother reason to hate the character. Her illogicies ar eevn worse than the illogicies in making PCs get force feed NPCs down their throat. LOL

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

She is a rogue and a tiefling. They tend to do what is best for the self and not others.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Ireelevant if Roshan's exmaple is true. Besdies, Neeshak is one of the worst npcs ever along with the overrated Minsc and Deekin. Her seemingly random ideas about kiddies just illustrates the poor writing involved with her character.

Thankfully, the majority of the other joinables have been awesomely written. :joy:

I like Neeshka.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

"Current system: Player talks about disciplining kids. Neeshka doesnt like it, - 1 influence.

Better system: Player talks about disciplining kids, Neeshka doesnt like it, - 1 influence."

She actually says that? Since when does Neeshka even care about kiddies? In my game, she got pissed at me because I had the GALL to agree to look for missing chidlren when there was no profit involved.

Anbother reason to hate the character. Her illogicies ar eevn worse than the illogicies in making PCs get force feed NPCs down their throat. LOL

Did you do the

crypt quest in the Blacklake district? There is an option when talking to the little girl where you would say what you would do if you were the girls father.

I believe it involves something about being strict and disciplining the rebel, and Neeshka doesnt like it(she is chaotic, so it makes sense).

Edited by metadigital

I threw Neeshka in the trashc an by then. that quest was pretty awesome thoguh, and kinda reminded of an old Buffy episode.

I was just pointing out how disjointed a character she is. On one hand she gets mad when you agree to look for mssing chidlren and on the other she gets mad when you talk about disciplining them.

So... the question is... does she care or not care about kiddies?

No. logic. being. used. equals. poor. npc. to. me.

I threw Neeshka in the trashc an by then. that quest was pretty awesome thoguh, and kinda reminded of an old Buffy episode.

I was just pointing out how disjointed a character she is. On one hand she gets mad when you agree to look for mssing chidlren and on the other she gets mad when you talk about disciplining them.

So... the question is... does she care or not care about kiddies?

No. logic. being. used. equals. poor. npc. to. me.

How are those contradictory? She doesn't want to look for some kids for free and she doesn't believe in disciplining them. I don't see the problem here. :)

Makes perfectly logical sense to me, Volo.

The first one implies that she doesn't care about kiddies. The second implies she has heart where kiddies are concerned.

So... it's logical for someone to not want children disciplined yet not willing to help look for them when theya re missing? I'm sorry; but those don't seem like two different opinions that the same perosn would have...

Not at all.

The first implies she is greedy. Second, implies she has problems with discipline. Given her background this is not surprising at all. Her behavior has nothing to do with the kids at all. They are simply a catalyst to show her own personal foibles.

Edited by Sand

I wasn't speaking in absolutes, but I forget that such is common in the English language today. In other languages, saying you love person#1 less than person#2 is the same as saying you hate person#1 more than person#2. You may care for them both, but you think more of one and less of the other. There are degrees of love/hate.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't common in the English language long before today. I've never seen hate be used merely as a relative term.

Yes there are degrees of love and hate, but I love my Mom and Dad, and love them more than I do my Aunt and Uncle. But to say that I hate my Aunt and Uncle would not in any way be true, even though, relatively speaking I love them less than I do my Mom and Dad. Hate is a very strong word.

As for Khelgar, you disagree with him, he's bound to take it at least a bit negatively. And I'm not sure what your point is about how he disagrees with you sometimes. If you want, you can refer to him more negatively as well. In fact, I'm guessing that if Khelgar persitently disagreed with everything you said, you'd start to find him pretty annoying yourself.

I agree with Tigranes that the influence messages shouldn't show up, at least not until the game is beaten. If you don't go through it naturally, and end up trying to do whatever you can to make everyone happy, then you'll start getting caught up on little -1 values that pop up.

Edited by alanschu

Avenger,

"Well, that dryad openly admitted that she helped slaughter a whole village out of revenge. That's pretty evil in my book."

You have me there.

A detect evil spell might have been useful but most evil types tend to be open about it. For instance, when

Toro joins your keep

I expected her to, as a "master manipulator," pretend to have the same values as the PC. Instead, my Paladin got a sort of "No, I'm bad. Get used to it," response from her.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

LOL VOLO

You think Neeshka not wanting to discipline kids has anything to do with "caring for the children"? Since you didnt even read the actual dialogue, FAIL, game over.

If you actually read something before commenting on it you'd realise that Neeshka really was pointing out the fact that by making comments such as "oh, the kid just needs a good kick up the arse" you're being a stuffy boogerbrain. And she didnt want to look for kids because she hates kids in particular, it was because it was a pointless waste of time in her point of view.

If you dont agree with her, then so leave her in the stupid inn. Its valid to complain you cant kick her out completely, but invalid to complain about a character because you DONT AGREE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE.

Hell, half the time you're completely illogical to me, and I don't dispute your realism as a human being.

Alright,

Captain Brelaina said Lord Gentry was the first noble victim. No wonder I got confuzzled. They show some other noble getting dusted in a cutscene, then Duncan and Sand start talking about this guy, and all of a sudden they switch to Gentry without specifying that they're talking about the first victim.

Playing the game on the weekend only, when I'm not exhausted, would probably help me with these things.

And yes, hate is a powerful word these days. My usage is rather ancient and I'm used to discussing it with my friends, so I sometimes forget not everyone has that background.

There is an intermittent bug with the character's portrait not showing up in the Character screen, but very intermittent. I just had it happen tonight for the first time in maybe 50 gaming hours. Closing the window and re-opening fixed it.

Brought

Grobnar

along for the first time and

his bard song wave effect

bugs my eyes out. Plus with Bloom enabled

he's

like a 200 watt bulb on my flat panel display. I need to either turn off Bloom or get out the sunglasses. :cool:

An update to the traps visible when entering a level: only seems to happen if one of my party has search active when we first enter the map. Hasn't been happening all this evening because I've been leaving search off most of the time. (Meta knowlege allows me to know what areas are trapped. Saves a lot of time.)

I can vaguely understand

Neeshka's viewpoint, but I simply can't keep her around while I'm roleplaying LG. Maybe next time I play I'll make a neutral or evil character and see how she does. Might also fire up the toolset and see if her Tail flag is turned off. (I suspect it is.) She'd look more in-character with a tail. :) I doubt she has it tucked into her skin-tight outfit.

Deekin

had some rags for sail sale and I had flashbacks to putting rags on my NWN characters for fun. Alas, can't wear these rags.

Heh, smilies show through spoiler tags. Dang, I ruined someone's fun. :joy:

Edited by Wistrik

I'm a classic CG thats more chaotic than good, and I found Neeshka the best companion with the highest influence. Sure, sometimes she lost patience with me because I stopped to, say, help a kid out, but mostly she likes you if you share her sense of humour, and are willing to engage in sometimes childish stings at Zaxis and Khelgar. I didn't think she would be a 'serious problem' to even a Paladin, more of an Imoen-ish problem, just with a bit less inherent sugary goodness.