So how buggy is NWN2?

Atreides

Shut up Alan. You big jerk, you know it was harassment.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Jor get a sense of humor and stop being so uptight.

I thought an ex-moderator would understand me atleast. <_<

404 Error Point Not Found.

Let me quote myself from the page before this.

I take no offense and we trade word play all the time. Nothing malicious on my part or his.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

JK

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I love the cutscenes where my characters' kneecaps talk to one another.

Also, in several cutscenes, Khelgar appears to be talking to my crotch... I don't know if this is a bug or not.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Also, in several cutscenes, Khelgar appears to be talking to my crotch... I don't know if this is a bug or not.

Seems to be dwarf perspective to me:

post-17393-1163647277_thumb.jpg

They usually get around the eye-contact problem by having the camera face the person who's talking.

Edited by Pop

Seems to be dwarf perspective to me:

post-17393-1163647277_thumb.jpg

They usually get around the eye-contact problem by having the camera face the person who's talking.

He has a problem with his neck and wasn't at the Doc yet.

IB1OsQq.png

The perspective when talking to shorter characters goes wonky quite often. Also, since party members are very close together, you can be looking at a super closeup of Elanee's cleavage when Khelgar is talking or something. :)

There are numerous small clipping errors, of course. Hair clips, cloak clips a LOT, a sheathed sword clips through legs and other things, beard clips when dwarves nod, and so forth.

Well, crap, just found out I am susceptible to the Toolset That Won't Load bug. Bio forums & obs devs suggest framework, dvd firmware, vidcard drivers and so forth, but nothing does it for me, and for a few others as well.

It's a pretty serious bug, so I supose that's my first big tick off against NWN2's polish. Really deflates me since I dont plan on starting the campaign again so quickly.

Having an elf's ears go through a hat is another minor issue.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I like the cut scenes when Elanae is in badger animal form and I happen to be enlarged.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Such an assertion failure does not necessarily mean that the game has a memory leak. My (professional) guess is that there is an assertion in the code which assumes available memory is equal to X before creating a new instance of an object.

Normally, such assertions are ONLY used in debugging. The production version of the code should have considerably more sophisticated error-testing, and the application should not crash - the error handler should unload another unneeded object, or try to create a version of the object which consumes fewer resources, or something.

Somebody apparently forgot to write appropriate error-handling code and just left the assert there, which resulted in the crash.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I have 1024 MB of memory.

There are times when the games becomes really slow and I cant play until I restart. Just today I loaded up a game and started selling a whole bunch of items, the game became extremely slow and I had to save and quit. Later on I reloaded, finished selling the items, then after adventuring around a bit I got the error.

I have a Gig of RAM and get slow downs mostly when there are spell battles since that has a lot of animation happening at the same time. That is the only time it does this. I get random CTD though, not related to any memory issues. :angry:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.