NWN2 Content Discussion Thread

Lyric Suite

The radial menu was, and is awesome. That is undispuatble.

The NWN2 UI is ok; but it is full of little quirks that makes it far from the best. It also ahve very little in common with FO. That's silly talk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The radial menu was, and is awesome. That is undispuatble.

The NWN2 UI is ok; but it is full of little quirks that makes it far from the best. It also ahve very little in common with FO. That's silly talk.

the drop-down menus on rightclick are staight from fallout. and the little quirks bother me less than the radial dedisgn. to each their own i guess. it's just that after playing so many (most of them) games with a vertical drop down menus it was nigh impossible for me to get used to nwn1.

Eh. I've been playing non radial menus for EONS 9that's right, EONS0 and the raidla menu was super easy to get used to - as in first day of playing it. And, I didn't feel annoyed by it at all.

Any similarities to other UIs that NWN2 has is absolutely superficial as it should be. Having drop down menus doesn't make it have any unique similarity to Fo than another game. >_<

I'll just sya the following to end my part in this circular issue: I find it hilarious that there was hardly a peep about how 'crappy' the radial menu was until Obsidian announced they were changing it. Out of all the complaints that the minority of whiners whined about, the raidal menu was probabaly 1 millionth on the list. And, now, all of asudden, it's the 'worst thing ever'. LOL

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

I'll just sya the following to end my part in this circular issue: I find it hialrious that there was ahrdly a peep about how 'crappy' the radial menu was until Obsidian announced they were changing it. Out of all the ciomplaints that the minority of whiners whined about, the raidal menu was probabaly 1 millionth on the list. And, now, all of asudden, it's the 'worst thing ever'. LOL

R00fles!

This means that the handful of people who hated the radial menu is concentrated on these boards.

I'll restate again, radial menu was awful.

R00fles! >_<

I'll just sya the following to end my part in this circular issue: I find it hialrious that there was ahrdly a peep about how 'crappy' the radial menu was until Obsidian announced they were changing it. Out of all the ciomplaints that the minority of whiners whined about, the raidal menu was probabaly 1 millionth on the list. And, now, all of asudden, it's the 'worst thing ever'. LOL

R00fles!

This means that the handful of people who hated the radial menu is concentrated on these boards.

I'll restate again, radial menu was awful.

R00fles! :alien:

Please, talk in a way non-MMO freaks also understand you. >_<

IB1OsQq.png

i wouldn't really refer to casavir as a "do-gooder," at least not in the same sense as anomen was.  anomen had serious, very serious, personal issues to deal with which resulted in overcompensation, and, whineyness of a sort.  casavir is simply a lawful good paladin.  at least, that's what i got from the short stint he had in my party.  i've already trucked down the LG path far enough without his help. >_<

next run is neutral of sorts.  maybe true neutral.

taks

My next character is definately gonna be True neutral. And I'll just go from there and see where I end up, hehe. I'm thinking about using bluff as often as I can, just to lie.

Haven't figured out what class I'm gonna play yet though. Leaning towards some caster.

I'll just sya the following to end my part in this circular issue: I find it hilarious that there was hardly a peep about how 'crappy' the radial menu was until Obsidian announced they were changing it. Out of all the complaints that the minority of whiners whined about, the raidal menu was probabaly 1 millionth on the list. And, now, all of asudden, it's the 'worst thing ever'. LOL

Really? The radial menu together with the lackluster story are the two most common gameplay complaints I've heard in regards to NWN 1. And there was some complaint about the radial menu in ToEE as well.

Personally I even thought sucked in Torment.

i'm thinking f/wm for my next build, though i may opt for a cleric as i do not play them often.  so far, i haven't found a cleric NPC, either.

taks

So far I've completed a Paladin and I'm working on a Rogue/Fighter. Doing almost as much damage with sneak attacks right now as my Paladin was doing with her greatsword, but that won't last forever. I've already got a 25 armour class which is only 2 points below what I had at 20th level last time through and I'm only level 8 right now. Dex bonus and two weapon defense is making up about 80% of my AC right now. :cool:

I'm hoping to get some crafting done this time around, but I haven't really found any good gems yet to do some crafting with. I think I have one ruby and a bunch of obsidian. Is there anywhere that I can actually pick up some of the better gems? :)

3rd time around I'll have to go with a spellcaster of some sort. Probably the Sorceror/Eldritch Knight I was thinking of earlier. :cool:

The radial menu didn't bother me much in NWN. Many of its options could be put in the quickbar for faster access, so I didn't have to use it all the time.

The somewhat weak dialog and obvious but unchangeable storyline were my biggest gripes with NWN. The graphics were acceptable to me for a game of the time period, and still look decent when posing for screenshots or in 'screen-saver' mode.

The right-click dropdown menu in NWN2 on the other hand is a bit annoying. The game won't preserve the delay settings for it so I'm always having to reset it to 0.10. On the other hand, the dropdown menu for items is instant. I wish they'd make both of them instant and get rid of the delay option altogether.

yeah, the drop-down delay seems unnecessary. i'm sure there was _some_ reason for it, though i have yet to decipher that reason.

deraldin, i've found many emeralds and diamonds, even a yellow diamond that is supposedly very rare. it commanded something like 1500 gp at the store (i''m not crafting this time through).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Why did they include the delay option? What's the point?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ok, question for the devs: The Hollows, its in the art book, and in the toolset, with the under construction and everything. Was it meant to be in the OC and cut? Or was it just something you thought would be neat for people to play with in the toolset?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"the toee radial menu had other issues. it was even worse than the NWN1 version."

Yeha, my biggest beef with TOEE's version is that if you went tood ep into the radial subsets, it would eventually go right off the screen forcing you to manually move it (thankfully, they gave you the option of that at least) back onto the screen.

My second character will likely be a CE Wizard concentrating on crafting and bossing his allies around. He will make people cry espicially Shandra. :)

OK, a defenitive answer on who the male and female romance interests are and whether one can romance them with an evil character, please!

Calivar and Elinee, yes.

Neither of those people are in the game....

Casavir and Elanee on the other hand...

Also, these are only half of the possible characters if I'm not mislead...

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Ok, question for the devs: The Hollows, its in the art book, and in the toolset, with the under construction and everything. Was it meant to be in the OC and cut? Or was it just something you thought would be neat for people to play with in the toolset?

The hollows were originally a mini stronghold in Neverwinter, but they were cut.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich