Pet Peeves

x1Predator

I assumed you were, hence my previous post.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Those people who walk up to you and give out Bibles while babbling on about Jesus as if everyone else should give a ****  and convert to their religion...

or when they try to convert the guy who's taking their money for their fast foodage...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Automated services. Just give me an actual live person to speak with. One that actually speaks English without a foriegn accent.  :thumbsup:

A business that doesn't have a clock in the waiting room. It drives me nuts not being able to know the time.

Ah yes.... and they ring you, don't know your name or at least can't pronounce it but think they know the best way to help you.... Which would be for them to die.

I too hate people who try to convert me...

Also I was at the beach trying to sit through a nice beach concert but there was a group of hari chrishnas ringing bells and chanting like 5 yards away... WHILE the band was playing. HELLO?? If we wanted to hear chanting and bells we'd be gathered around YOU not the band.

Pet peeves:

people who light up a cigarette when kids/babies are present.... well, people who smoke in general. I can't stand the smell.

People who come up and start coughing giving me the impression that I am somehow harming them with my second hand smoke...I think it's their disgusted looks and shooing away of the smoke. But that would be idiotic... since I was I here first and I am outside on a busy street with cars spewing out more deadly gasses. I was here first. If you don't like it move.

JWs "Do you have faith, hope, and charity?"

"Yes I have the faith you will go away, the hope you wont come back, and the Charity not to hate you, I also have patience which is growing thin now please leave before I set the dog on you."

My mum said that, and with a smile. :brows:

"What is your Christian name".... I don't have a Christian name. "Yes you do." "NO I don't, I am not Christian, what if I am a Calathumpian Jew or Pakistani Trottinduck?" She said that as well...Telephonists.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Those people who walk up to you and give out Bibles while babbling on about Jesus as if everyone else should give a ****  and convert to their religion...

When that happens I give them a wide eyed look and toothy grin, and start spouting off the merits of worshiping Satan. :thumbsup:

Satan saves!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

When that happens I give them a wide eyed look and toothy grin, and start spouting off the merits of worshiping Satan. :brows:

Satan saves!

dark2.jpg

You can use it if you want Gabs... :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

If I were your employee, Walsh, I'd come in late every day just to get a good thrashing.  :aiee:

In that case you're obviously just the kind of man we need. Get in line.

As for people who talk in movie theatres, that certainly boils my blood. Falls under the God's Special Little Pixie category.

Lines I have used on disruptive people.

"If you use that laser pointer in the main feature I am going to climb over this chair and gut you from crotch to sternum like a rainbow trout."

"Is it a special occasion or are you always an a**hole?"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If I have to explain that I was joking.

Spot on.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

:D

My current pet peeve: People who hate Bill Hicks

Funny, my pet peeve is people who look at Bill Hicks as their infallible, truth-speaking Lord God and Savior. People do that with John Lennon all the time too. It's all kinds of ironic, because I would have thought Bill Hicks would have detested anybody who didn't think for themselves.

Now, now. I was joking, hence the smiley. Bill Hicks works great as an inspiration, but taking his words as a foundation for ones reality and point of views is insane. I though that the original message of thinking for yourself came through pretty on during his antics.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Can I use those Walsh?

You certainly may. But be sure you do them justice. A really big smile works for the former, and the latter works even better if you break it into two bits.

YOU: "Is today a special occasion?"

THEM, pleased: "Yeah it's my birthday."

YOU: "So... you're always an ***hole on your birthday?"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

My pet peeves list is simple...

1. Emo's/goth's

2. People that are against capital punishment

3. People who mug and attack innocent old men/old women

My pet peeve is people who don't distinguish between the ethical and practical considerations of an issue :brows:

Some moderators on this board may evolve into a pet peeve of mine.

"may evolve"? So far as I've noticed, the habits of particular mods tend to be pretty uniform over time. I don't see how you wouldn't already cross the threshold from potential annoyance into annoyance as soon as those habits were made apparent.

Edited by Pop

Guest The Architect
Those don't really seem like "pet peeve" issues.

But isn't a pet peeve issue something which pisses you off? I could be wrong, but that's what I thought a pet peeve was. Those two things piss me off, so the way I see it, they are pet peeve issues. :)

Edited by The Architect

American Heritage Dictionary

n. Informa.

Something about which one frequently complains; a particular personal vexation.

American Heritage Dictionary of Idioms

pet peeve

A particular or recurring source of irritation, as in My pet peeve is that neighbor's cat running through my herb garden. [Early 1900s]

WordNet

pet peeve

n : an opportunity for complaint that is seldom missed; "grammatical mistakes are his pet peeve"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

yeah.

Fauxhawks = pet peeve

backwards thinking = an actual problem with the world at large.

A pet peeve is just something you gain a sense of approbation from, but don't really feel the need to justify through reason. The rise of self-interested emos is a good example. Or not being able to spit out the window of a moving vehicle. Capital punishment... generally you're expected to have more than just sentiment as backup for your viewpoint.

Guest The Architect

Ah, I see. Well, I can cross of 2 and 3 on my pet peeves list then. A few pet peeves I have that I'll post at this stage are:

1. People who constantly sniff (it's not even necessary even when you have a cold)...

2. People who talk with their mouth full...

3. People who act differently around different people and can't just be themselves no matter who they're around...

4. People who don't wash their hands after they've been to the toilet...

5. People who talk way too loud to you when you're only around about a metre or less away from them...

I wouldn't call these major "this pisses me off" stuff. These are just minor things, but I do find them annoying.