Fallout 3 Lead Designer info

aVENGER

Girias Solo you are talking on a forum that asked a KotorII in the style of Kotor and got it, and a NWNII in the vein of NWN and got it, so many won't be sympathetic with someone asking for a FO3 in the same vein of the previous ones, since they never had to go through the experience of not getting it :)

And others like other games, so they would love for a Fallout game to resemble them (Deus Ex, pfffft :) ) .

And just to finalize Emil is an interesting guy, he could probably do an interesting game with the right team and tools, just not FO3. Why don't they just change the name of the games? Oh well, from what we know of the game (yeah Shadowstrider we do :) ) there's no reason to call it a Fallout game, so we might as well follow with our lives. What do you say Girias?

So my advice is let it go and enjoy life, like me, nothing that could be said on the Obsidian Fora could have any effect on how Fo3 is going to be made, or how we like the games, so let's move on.

And a great :thumbsup: to so many familiar faces, it's nice to see you around

I want to reserve judgment but everything I hear so far for Fallout 3 has been bad.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I hope Beth don't kowtow to the hardcore fan base, which we all know they won't. I'm optimistic; hopefully they'll preserve the art direction of the series while taking the game in it's own specific direction. Guys, if am wrong on this one, you can all send me your mailing address' and I will buy you a 500ml bottle of Dr Pepper each, regardless of whether you like it or not.

I do hope that beth kowtows to the moderate fanbase.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I do hope that beth kowtows to the moderate fanbase.

We can always hope. Unfortunately, I admire their business skills more than their writing skills :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bioware's writing skills are somewhat average but Bethesda's is downright horrid.

Bethesda doesn't have writing skills, just copy and paste skills.

Eh, just so long as they don't make every NPC capable of initiating conversation, and write specific dialogue for important NPCs, no one will be able to tell the difference. The Fallout riff-raff had only slightly more to say than TES riff-raff, because you didn't have the opportunity to ask them about everything, and thus they didn't have the opportunity to give stock answers.

E viva a Acad

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Fallout riff-raff had only slightly more to say than TES riff-raff, because you didn't have the opportunity to ask them about everything

They didn't had necessarily more to say but they did have more important things to say. Concise, direct speech is a better way of handling character diversity than to give the vast majority of gameworld riff-raff the same wikibased hyperlink system. That's part of the problem, assuming that every character must have something to say or that they should be asked about everything. Making information centralized and in the hands of a select few characters per location is more than enough, like Fallout did. Either that, or sprinkle information across NPCs so as to give players a sense that each NPC is embebbed into the local culture but that each one has different perceptions and experiences from it. Look at Baldur's Gate 2, some areas had handfulls of NPCs strolling around each with their own account of the area they were in.

As witty as you think that reply is (it's not), at least get the quote in context.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/529/529773p1.html

IGNPC: Can we expect something similar to the work done on Morrowind, in terms of that style of game experience?

Pete Hines: Again, it's early to say, but it wouldn't be a leap of faith to say that we plan to use technologies in development otherwise. You could make some fairly safe leaps of faith that it would be similar in style. We're not going to go away from what it is that we do best. We're not going to suddenly do a top-down isometric Baldur's Gate-style game, because that's not what we do well.

My apologies.

Correction:

Bethesda - Because that's not what we do well.

^_^

Edit: On a more serious note - I can see why most people are worried about Bethesda making Morrowind with guns now. :)

That is what they do, gameplay wise.

Edited by Darque