Vampire: Bloodlines

Darque

No self respecting Malkavian would know what he was talking about :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No self respecting Malkavian would know what he was talking about :)

Yeah, I'm such a Malkavian failure... :wub:

Try a Tremere.

Thaumaturgy 5 is to die for. ^_^

Heh...I did try out a Tremere, I may get back to them in a third or fourth game...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Try a Tremere.

Thaumaturgy 5 is to die for. ^_^

That it is. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The Malk dialogue for VTMB is the benchmark for good RPG comedy. Not merely goofball caricatured antics, but intelligent absurdity. The encounter with the stop light; the encounter with Heather at your haven after she starts picking up your...strange dysfunctions; the discussion with the newscaster in your TV. All golden. It may be a symptom of the gross exaggeration of the Malkavian clan by gamers who only know how to take things too far, but it was perfectly executed, as such.

Sometimes the dialogue is obvious, and sometimes I was worried I was insulting someone (in fact I DID insult someone without intending it...OOPS!)

For that reason I decided to go ahead and run the Brujah through and get and idea of the game, and maybe pick my Malkavian back up later.

Oh and it freaked me out

when I realized the TV was talking to my Malkavian character!

:lol:

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Brujahs are a very good choice for a first playthrough.

They are also a good choice for a second and third as well. =]

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Oh and it freaked me out

when I realized the TV was talking to my Malkavian character!

:lol:

You can also have a conversation with a stop sign.

;)

NO, YOU STOP!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Damsel is hawt. But then, so are Jeanette and VV.

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Some random thoughts:

1)Really dug the haunted house. Very creepy, very well done.

2)The Warrens were a bit of a drag, both in figuring out the puzzles and fighting the monsters.

Also encountered some odd bugs, including a man stuck in a doorway and my character falling through the floor into blackness (I think a Tong member spawned where I was standing).

For a bunch of unlawful, uncivilized bunch, they are decent.

Heh? Nines Rodriguez is anything but what u'v mentioned up there.

Pretty civilized cat if you ask me.

He did seem more like a Toreador.

Is it only Brujahs that can be anarchs?

Also encountered some odd bugs, including a man stuck in a doorway and my character falling through the floor into blackness (I think a Tong member spawned where I was standing).

I managed to fall through the footpath in Chinatown. Very fitting surreal experience for my male Malkavian :rolleyes:

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is it only Brujahs that can be anarchs?

In the game, no, any character can 'join' the Anarchs and get the Anarchs ending.

As for the Warrens:

They don't really get any more fun the second or third time you play through, but they do at least feel a lot quicker. Plus the destination is worthwhile. Gary is fun, especially if you're a Toreador.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Some random thoughts:

1)Really dug the haunted house.  Very creepy, very well done.

2)The Warrens were a bit of a drag, both in figuring out the puzzles and fighting the monsters.

The Haunted hotel was one of the best parts of the game next to the sewers of LA.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester