Vampire: Bloodlines

Darque

Must be one of those big spider thingies. I never had that effect stay on me permamently. It lasted briefly than went away.

I've played this game start to finish many times with the latest patch btw. ^_^

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I should say again, that with a modern PC, and the patch I never had a single bug. I had a couple of close cals where I _thought_ I had a bug, but they turned out to be missed clues.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There's an email at the beginning, a game begins, a pawn is moved. Is it ever revealed who its from?

You're sent numerous "mysterious letters" (I found them kind of corny, myself) throughout the game. My impression was that they were from Cain, or one of his minions.

*edit - O rly DR?

The chess reference would fit Max's persona. He strikes me as a "chess" player in events. Never thought of Cain.

2010spaceships.jpg

Perhaps I should stop reading forums for a while... Now, I'm wondering about those emails too. I always thought it was the cab driver, being one of those who are more than what they seems, pulling the strings as a means to an end only he can fathom. Now I suddenly don't know who sent them :'(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I re-installed Bloodlines earlier today and started playing. The game is running very, very smoothly on my new rig, and I haven't seen or experienced any glitches yet. My new character is a male Tremere (I played as a female Toreador the first time).

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I re-installed Bloodlines earlier today and started playing. The game is running very, very smoothly on my new rig, and I haven't seen or experienced any glitches yet. My new character is a male Tremere (I played as a female Toreador the first time).

The blood mages area swesome. Love their "spells".

2010spaceships.jpg

Its unfortuneate that a lot of the dsicplines were nerfed against bosses. Kind of make one feel like an idiot for dumping a ton of points into something and then finding out its worthless in the biggest fights.

Celerity would have been less overpowered if so many other disclipnes weren't so useless when you really needed them

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

True, but playing a gunslinging Toreador buffed with Auspex and Celerity is about the funnest thing ever.

Celerity is just so awesome its silly.

I'll match your gunslinging Toreador with my Brujah buffed with Potence and Celerity. Wheeee! How many times can you hit your enemies while they are spinning about in mid-air!? ^_^

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I prefer the get in your face making it personal fighting with a katana than ranged fighting. The only time where I go all out ranged combat is in the club in China town. We do it gangsta style! They should have had a Tommy Gun. :blink:

2010spaceships.jpg

Need's more Cappadocians.

:lol:"

I was so disappointed with Redemption when the Cappadocian was taken away... I know they all get eaten by Augustus... except for the scant few that make it as HoS but they could have easily had her come back as a HoS, ah well that's another VTM game entirely.

Bloodlines is one of my favorite RPG's of all time, first time I went through as a Tremere, then a Toreador, then Brujah and finally a Malkov.

Love the "Snuff Movie" set and the Tzmisce house... that almost made me physically ill, and the Malkov Asylum was fun also, such excellent level design and game space environments.

Anyone else use the Unofficial Patch that adds in the Background traits they took out?

Edited by Mortis Nai

Anyone else use the Unofficial Patch that adds in the Background traits they took out?

Yeah, but they make even less RP difference than the traits in NWN2. They're mildly interesting, but Bloodlines has two strengths, the narrative and the roleplaying. Every other aspect of the game is rough or unbalanced. The traits slightly change the way characters are created, but beyond that they're mostly useless.

Edited by Pop