Vampire: Bloodlines

Darque

For reference, and a question

Has anyone tried this yet? :)

Ok... I think this is how it would work...

If you wanted to change the main character to someone cool (like.. say.. Damsel :) ) you'd do this:

You'll need a tool called VampED, which you can get here.

Then you'll want to open and extract clandoc.txt from the pack101.vpk (and I think the VampED tool will allow you to pull out this one file)

Once you have the file, you should back it up, and then you can make the changes in notepad and then save them.

Clandoc seems to have all the file paths for the character models as well as the starting discipline info (possibly all info) for character creation.

So you could turn the female Bruja model into Damsel and then give her Thaumaturgy, Fortitude and Presence as disciplines.

NOTE: I haven't tried this yet, so I am NOT 100% sure this will work... back up your files and try at YOUR OWN RISK.

Finally a list of character models can be found here.

Edit: There's a more detailed list of character models on the site, but I can't seem to find it now. It might have been purged.

Works for me. Nice list of mod tools they have. Thanks for the link Darque.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 4 weeks later...
There's an email at the beginning, a game begins, a pawn is moved. Is it ever revealed who its from?

You're sent numerous "mysterious letters" (I found them kind of corny, myself) throughout the game. My impression was that they were from Cain, or one of his minions.

*edit - O rly DR?

Edited by Pop

I have to ask, why would Cain be sending you letters? If I were the first vampire, I wouldn't be spending my time playing Hallmark.

Because his plans are dark and deep and they account for all possibilities before they ever become apparent to anyone else :brows:

So I guess he forwards his messages to all fledglings of promise. Easier to manipulate somebody if they think they're part of some unfathomable game.

Edited by Pop

I thought it was Cain. He is the ultimate manipulator of vampires. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Cain's the baddest vamp in oWoD... why would he do it?

Because he wanted to.  :ph34r:

really? I thought he already (and as the firsst one) archieved enlightement...you can't know what this actually means. Never forget if someone on Earth, the he knows most about God, and God is forgiving....wouldn't it be a nice suprice to know that he is good now?

And he would still have the problem that he infested the world with his siblings...lot of story potential in this

IB1OsQq.png

Is the game patched enough at this point to be playable? I am mainly referring to (A) the perma-slowdown bug in the sewers, (B) the boat escape bug, and © Chinatown and beyond bugs.

I'd love to replay the game on my new rig, but all the bugs I recall make me shudder.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

A lot of the performance-based issues goes away if you have a decent computer. I don't recall the slow-down in the sewers, but can't say for sure. The boat escape is definitely fixed though.

Exactly what are you referring to with Chinatown and beyond? It's still a hackfest if that's what you mean.

I find the game to be very playable with the second patch (although I tend to shy away from the fan ones since they not only patch the game but mod it as well, in ways I'd prefer they didn't in some cases).

There is a creature in the sewers (somewhere) that has an attack which has a secondary effect of slowing down your character (which wears off eventually). On my one and only play-through VTM, after suffering one such attack, my character got permanently slowed down, and I only realized this after overwriting the previous saves.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.