Vampire: Bloodlines

Darque

The next WoD video game will be an mmo from what I hear...  :aiee:

:bat:

I'd much rather see a good, small scale co-op style game (designed for groups of 2-6 players), decked out with good modding tools and built-in ST / admin functions myself. A MMO could be good too, mind you, but I can't help but feel it'd turn into a total crapfest instead.

You attacked her? I did it once, you don't really get anything for it. She's a hard one to beat.

I never even thought about attacking her. In fact, I thought that was Elysium.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hey! Keep our strained and love-starved relationship out of this!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally got around to this game. So far, its been really good. Really well done realization of the setting, IMO.

Will probably talk more about it when I quit trying all the character types and actually get on with playing the game... :)"

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

<offtopic>

Wow, Amentep, I haven't seen you in ages.

</offtopic>

Bloodlines is awesome. Until you get to the sewers, at which point it begins to suck.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Hey Sammael, I tend to lurk here more than post for some reason. But I have my moments... :o

Sewers? AAAAAAAA SPOILERS! MY EYES, MYEYES!!!!!

:unsure:

I remember reading things in the past that a lot of people think that the game "jumps the shark" after certain points. I'm hoping its more of a case of it being less good (or more combaty which is one thing I've heard) and not a case of Lionheart-itis.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hey, stop that. It has some very nice sewers! :unsure:

(said the guy who prefers Nosferatu)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If it has Lionheart-itis depends on exactly what that means. There are similarities, but not quite as bad.

There are four hubs and the three first are fantastic. The fourth is very good, but somewhat combat intense compared to the rest. But still a lot of interesting roleplaying and characters and stuff.

After the fourth hub, however, it's all about combat. (or sneaking past hostiles if you prefer the stealth approach). And it drags on a bit. So there is a rather distinct difference between the good parts and the rushed part. The game is still really good and I found the endgame was still entertaining enough to play through without it feeling like a chore (as did Lionheart). But had it followed in the same style as the rest of the game it would have been so much better.

And Gorth, there is a difference between the sewers and the sewers. The first were really good and athmospheric while the second was really boring. Easily the worst part of the game imo.

teppie, dahling, it's been so long!

Did you finally get a new computer?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

teppie, dahling, it's been so long!

Did you finally get a new computer?

Sorta; I managed to scrape enough funds for a half-decent laptop for some stuff I needed to do and it turns out it can, quite coincidently, play a few games that I couldn't play before... :aiee:

I will...once I stop restarting.  Too many character options to try! ;)

It is awesome. Try playing as a Malkavian. :)

Right now I have a Malkavian and a Brujah. I love the Malkavian responses. I hate my Brujah's hat (but the character is fun). :ermm:

Edited by Amentep

Yeah the Malkavian dialogue is pretty fun, although I find myself trying to decipher the dialogue as sometimes I can't even make sense of it (sometimes I just pick whichever dialogue choice seems the funnest!)

Yeah the Malkavian dialogue is pretty fun, although I find myself trying to decipher the dialogue as sometimes I can't even make sense of it (sometimes I just pick whichever dialogue choice seems the funnest!)

Now you get it!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

HGahah! yeah that does seem to be the right attitude to take with the character. That's why its frustrating when I find myself re-reading the choices trying to figure out what I'm talking about!