What should Obsidian do?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should Obsidian do?

• Addons for NWN2!
    • Another D&D-game
    • A game based on Vampire: Requiem
    • A new IP
    • KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!

but it would be big and totally suck for us with slower connections to download. Fix me game and iLl be pleased.

Well if its just small additions it wouldn't be that big. I mean if you have a standard bug fixing patch at say, 16 megs, adding a couple new strings of quests would add, lets say 2 megs to that size, a new area, maybe 10-20 megs to the size, giving you, at a larger estimate around a 40 meg download. Thats not that bad. Thats smaller than the patch for Bloodlines.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

the difficulty with KOTOR 3, really, is that it will effectively go toe-to-toe with the Mass Effect trilogy. they are not going to just target the hard-core SW community the way they might with, say, Jedi Outcast. KOTOR always has been a crossover game with broad appeal. Having two space RPGs duking it out is probably not a good thing.

still, I doubt KOTOR is finished and, if Obsidian and LA time it right, it could be a real winner. the trick would be to use the Mass Effect engine under license and at a time in between Mass Effect releases.

I'd love to see Obsidian doing an action-oriented (read: not FPS) RPG in the vein of Deus Ex, Omikron or Beneath a Steel Sky. Something Cyperpunky with a mix of utopian future horrors, some Noir, some Japanese Giant Robots and lots of kewl MCA humor! On top of that, some of uncle Feagies lovely dried sweat to add some aroma and just to remeber us how much we still love you, Obsidian!

But for loves sake, please do a break for DnD after NWN2!

High-school rpg.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If i really need an ungodly sized file i would Just go down to my former college and use their computer lab's T1/T2? line. a Benefit of being a graduate is being able to use their library and computer lab. Some day ill get cable since my area can get it.

Why not just buy a $5 game magazine with a DVD that contains the download? :lol:

I'd love to see Obsidian doing an action-oriented (read: not FPS) RPG in the vein of Deus Ex, Omikron or Beneath a Steel Sky. Something Cyperpunky with a mix of utopian future horrors, some Noir, some Japanese Giant Robots and lots of kewl MCA humor! On top of that, some of uncle Feagies lovely dried sweat to add some aroma and just to remeber us how much we still love you, Obsidian!

But for loves sake, please do a break for DnD after NWN2!

Yes.

High-school rpg.

No. (Once is enough.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm not sure what the high school rpg idea was about. I don't understand.

I know that MCA said something some time ago but what exactly did he say and what they heck did it really mean?

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I'm not sure what the high school rpg idea was about. I don't understand.

I know that MCA said something some time ago but what exactly did he say and what they heck did it really mean?

It was about a geek getting mocked and teased by his schoolfellows all the time because he wasn't the best in football and never got the hot chicks, but instead met his geeky gang to play DnD every time. In MCAs visionary masterpiece "Highschool Mania!", you'd assume the role of a highschool-geek to take vengeance on all these nasty fellows! You'd have a party of geeks and then would have to bribe, beat, confuse or charm your fellows to work yourself up as the leader to finally challenge the school director!

Edited by Morgoth

"No matter who makes it LucasArts will still be involved and the ARE the problem."

LOL Yeah, a 'problem' that hands developers a guaranteed multi million dollar hit. LOL The 'problem'. Without LA, there'd be no KOTOR or KOTOR2. LOL

"the difficulty with KOTOR 3, really, is that it will effectively go toe-to-toe with the Mass Effect trilogy."

It be no contest. KOTOR3 would CRUSH ME in terms of sales. CRUSH.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Thanks Morgoth.

Hmmmm. I am so far beyond high school it is just a distant memory somewhere next to crawling around my mother's kitchen in diapers. The high school thing doesn't appeal to me - although given Obsidian's game design skills it might be cool anyway.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

the only thing I like about the high school RPG idea is that is "real world" as opposed to fantasy. but I think I'd rather the setting be Wall Street in the '80s....you are newly-minted LBO/Junk Bond king going to lavish parties and buying sports cars your first year on the job...but, as the story progresses, you realize that you got mixed up with a really dangerous cabal....but if you go to the authorities, you've implicated yourself...you have to rely on your own wits and contacts to defeat the bastards.

now that would rock, IMO!

If they do have multiple teams then I would hope that Feargus would assign a team to be basically the equivelent to Bioware's Live team for the support of Neverwinter Nights 2 in terms of patches and added content. Also full expansions within 8 to 12 months after the initial release would be nice to.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes, but that is Valve, and not Obsidian. Obsidian is better than Valve.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Hmmm... Point. 18 months. :wacko:

"No matter who makes it LucasArts will still be involved and the ARE the problem."

LOL Yeah, a 'problem' that hands developers a guaranteed multi million dollar hit. LOL The 'problem'. Without LA, there'd be no KOTOR or KOTOR2. LOL

"the difficulty with KOTOR 3, really, is that it will effectively go toe-to-toe with the Mass Effect trilogy."

It be no contest. KOTOR3 would CRUSH  ME in terms of sales. CRUSH.

I'm sure you would.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'd like to see them pursue more established IPs. I don't doubt that they'd rock their own IP, but I'd really like to see Obs tackle Vampire, just so I can know that the IP's not dead in the video game medium (I always loved the idea of Vampire, but I'm no LARPer) and they're not liable to do a bang-up job that will kill the IP.

KOTOR3 via Mass Effect engine would amaze me, but it would be several years in the making.

I don't give a bloody flying **** if they never do an original IP, or if they do nothing but original IPs (although I probably would not be interested in a generic fantasy world). I just want some good games.

No high school plz. And didn't MCA say that post-apoc was out of the question?

Edited by Pop