What should Obsidian do?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What should Obsidian do?

• Addons for NWN2!
    • Another D&D-game
    • A game based on Vampire: Requiem
    • A new IP
    • KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!

My biggest problem with the FR is it's a weak generic fantasy setting. o:)

TSR's best work were within Planescape and Dark Sun.  :cool:

FR, Dragonlance and Ravenloft was their best.

Well, if you like great fantasy that is. :wub:

Yes, yes I do.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Ravenloft is too gothy. But if it really needs to be a gothy world; please someone do a crpg in Hellsingverse. ^______^

S-T-Y-L-E. And it has a huge amount of balls. Attitude without being punky or emo. And the lore is rich as well. Just keep the stupid giant-boobed police girls away and throw in shovelfulls of Alucard. Mmm-mmm.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^You, mister unknowndude, have taste. Please post more often.

Somehow, I don't see Obsidian getting those rights o:)

I live in a dream! My life is a failure! :'(

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Somehow, I don't see Obsidian getting those rights o:)

You never know.

It's just that I'd see anime going towards a more traditional RPG route, like they always do (I have friends who wank all over Kenshin) in light of that, Obsidian optioning seems unlikely.

But Nihilus sucked. All show and no go.  :huh:

So we give him fangs and one of those high-collar capes. And have him do Schrek poses. And jedi backflips.

Best . villain . ever

I'll have to use that.

Edited by Pop

Nice misquote.  :huh:

A simple correction. No need to go Hades on me.

:-

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yes. DirectX 10, unless Microsoft did a complete 180,, is a Vista only softwware extension.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Ravenloft is too gothy. But if it really needs to be a gothy world; please someone do a crpg in Hellsingverse. ^______^

S-T-Y-L-E. And it has a huge amount of balls. Attitude without being punky or emo. And the lore is rich as well. Just keep the stupid giant-boobed police girls away and throw in shovelfulls of Alucard. Mmm-mmm.

You might like The Witcher (due Q1 2007, co-published by Atari):

Its dark morality has more in common with Bioshock than Oblivion. This is no high fantasy of pretty elves and dwarves - it's full of folklore, and brought to life by a greatly tweaked Neverwinter Nights engine. Uniquely, your actions in The Witcher have unpredictable effects on the game and story further down the line. your decision to save a man about to be slaughtered might seem like a good idea for example, but he might then go on and murder someone who would've helped you later on. The ramifications of actions aren't apparent at the time, so you have to live with the cards you are dealt in the world of The Witcher, the familiar binary choices of good deed versus evil are not applicable.

Yes.  DirectX 10, unless Microsoft did a complete 180,, is a Vista only softwware extension.

They can't: DX10 is a complete re-write of the whole graphics API, I don't think it would even be possible to patch XP with DX10.

True that. :-

I'd prefer an original IP anyway. :D

With zombies! :D

Hellgate London is a DX10 RPG post-apoc Templars versus zombie shooter. :D

that means vista only right? :huh:

It'll be waiting for you when you eventually get Vista. :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Eberron would at least be different, but I'm curious why they'd have to be constrained to a D&D RPG.

Such as?

What do you mean "such as?"

If they create their own IP, then they've created something new. There couldn't be any sort of "such as" because there's nothing to compare it to.

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scanbnw9.jpg

orginal article from pc gamer oct 2004 d & d 30th anniversary issue

enjoy :thumbsup: (w00t)

2 years and not another word .... well well ....... is it still in the works????????

Edited by Dragon Lord Jones

They can't: DX10 is a complete re-write of the whole graphics API, I don't think it would even be possible to patch XP with DX10.

Do you believe that? I always figured it was Microsoft's lame excuse to get people to move quicker from XP to Vista. I guess we'll see a few months after DX10 is released; some hacker will probably try to port the entire API to XP.. and succeed.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!