68 members have voted

1. 1. What should Obsidian do?

• Addons for NWN2!
    • Another D&D-game
    • A game based on Vampire: Requiem
    • A new IP
    • KOTOR III GODDAMMIT!

Ok, Volo, give us one good scenario on how this would work. :rolleyes:

As it stands there are no more bhaalspawn.

Your character either went and became a god or went off to live as a mortal.

BG/2 was about "your character" (i.e. gorion's ward) and that story is finished. :blink:

so, please, enlighten us with your imagination :D

I'd rather they make a game that is better than the Baldur's Gate games, in a brand new, fresh setting that I'm not already pretty familiar with.

That would be nice, but I'd also like to see BG3 made. My familiarity with the FR hasn't bred contempt for it. They aren't mutually exclusive desires.

Use the search button on this site, and others. Otherwise, use YOUR imagination.

There are TONS of ways that BG3 cna be made to continue the story.

Another thing I find hialrious is that the people who sing the loudest against a BG3 would be amongst the FIRST to scoop it out if it ever gets released. LOL

Bah, fine, I'll give an example so you can say 'it sucks'.

R00fles!

SCENARIO: PC chose to marry Aerie. Years later, that child starting showing signs of having inherent Bhaalspawn powers, and odd things start happening. The PC - like their father before them - goes on a journey and learns dark secrets tm that may lead to a discovery taht will change them and Faerun forever tm. Not for the better either.

SIDEBAR: This could even lead to the child being forced to confront their father (the original PC) who is the unwitting key to Armageddeon and the true return of Bhaal (through the influence of the still existing Myrkul, and the always intervering Bane).

SIDEBAR: Yes, there's holes here; but it's two paragraphs. LOL The holes cna be filled out.

P.S. I don't care if you played a female, the devs can select this to start. Or to be 'choice friendly'; it cna be simply changed to female original PC + Anomen.

R00fles!

Flame away, BLANKS! o:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Use the search button on this site, and others. Otherwise, use YOUR imagination.

You write a lot of stuff, I don't have days to search your posts. :p

My imagination says the story is dead... where it should be. :)

There are TONS of ways that BG3 cna be made to continue the story.

Just like all of those bad 80's movie sequels. :)

Another thing I find hialrious is that the people who sing the loudest against a BG3 would be amongst the FIRST to scoop it out if it ever gets released. LOL

I know you're not talking about me, I didn't get these games until well after their normal life expectency. :p

Bah, fine, I'll give an example so you can say 'it sucks'.

Awesome :)

R00fles!

Game over. :)

SCENARIO: PC chose to marry Aerie. Years later, that child starting showing signs of having inherent Bhaalspawn powers, and odd things start happening. The PC - like their father before them - goes on a journey and learns dark secrets tm that may lead to a discovery taht will change them and Faerun forever tm. Not for the better either.

Too 80's, plus it limits characters from the previous game.

SIDEBAR: This could even lead to the child being forced to confront their father (the original PC) who is the unwitting key to Armageddeon and the true return of Bhaal (through the influence of the still existing Myrkul, and the always intervering Bane).

meh.

SIDEBAR: Yes, there's holes here; but it's two paragraphs. LOL The holes cna be filled out.

Let's not :D

P.S. I don't care if you played a female, the devs  can select this to start. Or to be 'choice friendly'; it cna be simply changed to female original PC + Anomen.

Even worse o:)

R00fles!

Flame away, BLANKS! o:)

Baldur's Gate's story is over.

Game over. :wub:

I never warmed to any of the D&D worlds other than the FR, mostly on the merits of BG.

As an addendum to my earlier statements, I would be satisfied with some reference to BG in NWN2, just so I can know that they're not remote from one another. D&D doesn't benefit from Star Wars' looooong timelines.

And spoiler warnings would be nice, btw.

Dark Sun ftw

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My biggest problem with the FR is it's a weak generic fantasy setting. o:)

Pssh, no weaker than Star Wars' space setting. Greyhawk, now there's generic.

TSR's best work were within Planescape and Dark Sun.  :cool:

Meh. I preferred Spelljammer when it came to my "far out" settings, but that was killed in its relative infancy.

Spoilers for what? Bg series stuff? Those games were made in '98, and '02. OMG

Darque: Too 80s? That's what makes that scenario good. Besdies, it cna't be any 'chessier' than the PC being one of many bhaalspawns of many races including DOGS.

LOL

Child of the Bhaalspawn is a decent starting point, and it can gof rom there. o:)

PS was good setting. Dark Sun is overrated. Spelljammer was fun but 'out there' (lol). GH is a wannabe FR (yeah, I know it came first; but it tries so ahrd to be popualr but fails). Dl was ok. Ravenloft was awesome.

FR is a STRONG fantasy setting. Best FANTASY setting ever except my world. And, oh, the Buffyverse (though that mixes in the real world so it doens't really count).

Muahahahahahahaha!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If I had to play a generic "save-the-world-and-kill-demons-and-bush****-elven-damsels"-crpg in generic fantasy world, I'd like it to be the richest one: Dragonlance. That thing is so good, the novels are awful, but oh the world is so good Tolkien-strain apocalyptic high fantasy.

A serious crpg should have a different world, however.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds