KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

There have been many spectacular ideas on this... these are the ideas i liked the best

1. Custom Robes - Hooded, Anakin like, anything you damn well please

2. Custom Lightsaber Hilts - Curved, color

2.5 - I'd like to have custom color blades.. like make your own color by mixing colors or something

3. Different fighting stlyes (not needed, but would be awesome) - I think that it would be cool to see a ds player attack the other person with a lightsaber like Anakin's style. He murdered Dooku in form. In the book it even says that Obi-Wan and Anakin played with him, acting like they were weaker than they were. The style idea was a good one, but it should have way more effect on lightsaber combat. Like if you use a blaster bolt deflection form against a jedi, you will get killed. They will be faster than you/stronger than you etc. Also, Master Power Attack, and Flurry were cool, but k3 should either have more attacks, or combos. The take and give damage thing is cool, but for a Jedi, unrealistic. What Jedi will fight, take a break and let the other person attack, and then attack them again? I mean it's turn based combat, but you should be able to keep attacking, and with different attacks.

4. The idea about DS using LS powers and vice versa was good, but a Force user (jedi, sith, or neither) shouldn't be restricted to any side's power. I also don't think that powers should be inherently good or evil. If a Jedi has to kill someone, then why does it matter if they choke them with the Force or chops their head off? What Sith wouldn't use the Force to heal their wounds? I understand that there can be instances where people would think that choking someone or crushing them with the Force would be a more cruel method of killing than a lightsaber, but death is death. It's what you feel/your motives when you kill them that determines whether it's good or evil, not what method you use in killing them.

5.I like the idea of parties mixed. Like having Bastila, Mical, Mira, Mandalore, Carth, Jolee, and Juhani all in the same group. I wouldn't want to be the Exile or Revan again, but I'd like to meet up with them, and train with them in each of their ways. That would be awesome.

6. I also like the race ideas. Be a Twi'lek like Aayla Secura, or be a Devaronian like the character cut from K2. Color was an okay idea, but there should be more things like weight, height, face construction, and the classes should be more different. Like a Consular in a battle with a Guardian would have to use the Force to win the battle, and if the Consular used the lightsaber too much, they'd lose.

7. I like the day and night, requiring sleep idea. It makes more sense other than leaving and exiting the Ebon Hawk and it's always the same time. Also, I loved the weather idea. There should be a snow planet, and if you use master speed, you slip and fall and slide or something. If it's raining, similar things happen. If it's hot outside, have the character wipe sweat off their heads if they're idle, or in the middle of conversations. That brings me to my next points.

8. You should be able to pick your voice in the beginning of the game so that when you pick a dialogue option, you can hear your character say what you picked, gestures for how the statement would be said, emotion and things like that. Smiling, smirking, satisfaction, malcontent reactions when the person who talks to you says what they say back to what you said. Also, have a conversation opener. It's kind of weird how when you choose to talk to someone, they talk first. What do you do? Just stare at them until they talk?

9. Influence was a spectacular idea, but was done completely, totally and utterly wrong. I had a Dark Sided character and had all possible companions as Jedi. They were darksided too, but when I killed an innocent, i would LOSE influence with them. That makes no sense. If they follow you to the dark side then, their personalites, not just their bodies, should change as well. The DS corruption should change them entirely. I also think that you should have the choice to pretty much fall in love with members of your group and almost have a relationship. Maybe even someone getting mad if you try to have the 'love quest' with more than one person. It would require extreme influence, and choosing to break the code of the Jedi if you were one. Ape Siddious came up with the greatest idea ever about the trials thing. I think that your Master should be a required member of the group until you become a Knight. Also with influence, I'd like to see people leave your group if they don't agree with you, or you choose to leave them someplace.

10. I LOVE the long game idea. I would like to be able to go anywhere on a planet, and in the Jedi temples, sit and actually read knowledge they have of the Force.

Edited by Aean_Xzen

No offence to anybody but can we please split this thread in two?

One for wish lists and ideas, and one for news and speculations.

After a few years on this forum I think that lots of us have heard about customized robes and lightsaber hilts a few times.

My bad i just registered and wanted to input

Well as for planets I would like to see:

Coruscant

Naboo

Alderaan

Corellia

Byss

As for the main characters: I think that a page should be taken from Final fantasy VIII and have a split main character with Revan and the Exile.

I personally would like to see alot more apprenticeship stuff cause I want to get an apprentice and make him kick %$$.

As for other characters, I still want to see what's up wit Bastila and wit Handmaiden cause they were my favs from each game. Maybe Jolee Bindo too cause I loved making fun of him in KotOR I.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

No offence to anybody but can we please split this thread in two?

One for wish lists and ideas, and one for news and speculations.

Make a "KOTOR News" thread - It would be virtually impossible to split it .. since the mods would have to track through alle the pages and move posts individually..

you can quote the ones you find worthy.. why complain about it when you can do it yourself?

Fortune favors the bald.

Uh, dunno if this has been posted by anybody yet (I'm a little noviced with the Star Wars forums) but the VP of Lucasarts says, in effect, that KOTOR 3 will in fact be deveoloped.

She doesn't use those exact words, but she says they won't "leave that franchise behind" ^_^ let's go Obsidz!

Edited by Pop

Go, go Obs! Lets make sure LA doesn't rush it this time.

No Obs! DON'T DO IT! Its a trick! I'll grab an axe while you make your own IP.

DIE KOTOR3 DIE!

*chop chop chop*

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Sorry Hades, but STFU :blink:

OE is clearly best option. Bethesda? Urgh. Bioware? Nope, they're not touching SW title ever again. OE? Natural choice. Besides, they want to do that.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

They must not give in to temptation. Not after how LA screwed them over last time.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I don't know if it was asked before (I'll be honest and confess I didn't really read any of the past threads), but here it goes:

More liberty when choosing party members and companions.

That's the main reason why I think Kotor I is way, way better than Kotor II. I hate when the game imposes who to have in my party.

If I wanted to play with that big metal ball, I'd choose it myself, thank you very much. :)

(off topic: this is my main concern of NWN2 as well, I hate it when the game adds people into my party and I can't say "No, go to hell").

Freedom in that sense is all I ask. :)

Thanks!

Spanish translator.

http://www.clandlan.net

And here I thought DR changed back to that avatar... :)

They must not give in to temptation.  Not after how LA screwed them over last time.

Maybe LA is more wiser by now... You can certainly hope it. After all, they have this "we shall return LA to its old glory" campaign going on. :))

And they're doing better job than I would've believed.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Maybe they should let one of EA's subsidiaries do it

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Sorry, but I just can 't be that optimistic when it concerns LA.

That's the main reason why I think Kotor I is way, way better than Kotor II. I hate when the game imposes who to have in my party.

Kotor also forced you to take people. I wouldn't have chosen Carth or Mission or Zaalbar or T3, had I been given that choice.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

"They must not give in to temptation. Not after how LA screwed them over last time."

Yeah, LA treated Obsidian so horribly. I mean they let them devlop a slam dunk game sequel guaranteed to sell more than a million copies. How horrible of LA to help a brand new company out.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sorry Hades, but STFU :rolleyes:

OE is clearly best option. Bethesda? Urgh. Bioware? Nope, they're not touching SW title ever again. OE? Natural choice. Besides, they want to do that.

*wants TotJ-looks back if OE develops K3*

It would be the very height of awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sorry Hades, but STFU :brows:

*wants TotJ-looks back if OE develops K3*

It would be the very height of awesome.

Good luck with that one :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy