The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Darque

I can't get Eyeball Skeleton's page to load. :)

edit: they took down 'the shrink that grows' :-

It was deader than Hades' sex life at work tonight with it being Halloween and all, so I had the priveledge to listen to my ipod through the better part of the evening.

Highlights included :

Slade - Run Runaway

Todd Snider - Play A Train Song

The Wreckers - The Good Kind

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"The Look of Love" - ABC

Ah yes, the "new romantic" wave in the 80's.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was trying to come up with a "best of the 90s" (album) playlist - you know - for the boring, never-ending morning subway rides... Enter The Wu, 1965, Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star, Liquid Swords, Bone Machine, Sackcloth 'n' Ashes, The Reality of My Surroundings, In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, Inna Heights, Blues For The Red Sun... and, I'm like: No Nomeansno? Melvins? Organized Konfusion? Poor Righteous Teachers? Tomahawk? Binary Star? Jeru The Damaja? Now, I suppose a story - or a random list of obnoxiously hipster words, whichever you prefer - deserves a moral, and the only thing I've got at the moment is this: I suck immeasurable amounts of whatever at making lists - so instead of my usual, well-to-do mindless drivel, I'm gonna dig up Funhouse.

The Stooges - L.A. Blues.

Absolutely gigantic Halloween party. I can still only barely remember everything that happened, but I know I was at least once I was dressed as a catboy and wearing a pirate flag while talking with a guy that looks like Orlando Bloom even though he was wearing a lion mask. Neil Young & Crazy Horse was playing on the background, along with the sounds of a bunch of drunken witches trying to play some semblance of badminton, and the wine was really really cheap.

It was awesome.

Melechesh - Ladders to Sumeria

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Badminton... at a party?

That is genius!

Also, kudos to the party-throwers for playing cool music and not caving in to "whatever makes the girls wanna dance."

Whenever I tried to get inventive with a party mix, it usually fell flat. Then I would just retreat to more vanilla mixes with plenty of Snoop.

Check out the video for The Afghan Whigs' "Gentlemen."

I love how he plays the voyeur. Nobody does "menacing lecher" like Dulli. :lol:

Oh, and any mix with late-Waits, nomeansno, 1965 and Liquid Swords would be a quite eclectic one. But you know that.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I will. The last couple of parties have completely brainwashed me to Dulli's works.

Consequently, the badminton table broke in two parts at the some point. Probably somewhere around the time when the Abbath-lookalike asked the bearded woman to sit on it.

Goddamn that choker by the by, I still have marks on my neck.

Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Van Halen Big Fat Money

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Breaking Benjamin - Dance With the Devil

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I have seen the information

on the lighter side of dumbness

I have heard the new statistics

and the stompin' on the ground

pickin' slowly up the rockslide

one thing always seems apparent

if the climb becomes too much

I can always turn around

comin' down from the mountain

I have seen the high and mighty

I will go again someday

but for now I'm comin' down

nice pick, DLJ!

Meat Puppets - Station

Too High Too Die is a great album

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'd say the new one, Emissaries, is the best one by far. Spynxh is very good also, but I hold a special liking to Djinn, because it was my first Melechesh album. Spynxh and Emissaries are more coherent by far and there the sound is more refined, but Djinn has some amazing tracks, like Oasis of Molten Gold and Siege of Lacish.

I haven't heard the first one, As Jerusalem burns.... yet.

kirottu said: