What's next for Obsidian?

GuardianLegend

It's not exactly uncommon to prefer the original over its sequels, despite lower production values like nonexistant sound and crappy graphics. I remember liking Pool of Radiance on my Commodore 64 much more than it's countless sequels, despite having to manually cast spells of healing every 8 hours in rest mode, random battles that took 30 minutes at a time, juggling 8 floppy discs (with the accompanying 5 minute loading times) and a whole lot of other flaws.

The first scar is the deepest!!1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, I sure hope Obsidian uses the NWN2 engine and Toolset for another setting. I think people would like to see a game with a Toolset set in a modern setting. NWN1, NWN2, Oblivion, Gothic 3, World of Warcraft... people are loaded with fantasy games. Now, I think, we need some modern settings, but maybe with some fantasy/sci-fi elements thrown in for fun.

I'm thinking stuff like City of Heroes (or Transformers). They're set in the modern world, but they also have plenty of room for comic book heroics.

Obsidian should make Metal Wolf Chaos 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8

"Nothing is pointless! And the reason is because I'm the president of the GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!"

:D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, I sure hope Obsidian uses the NWN2 engine and Toolset for another setting. I think people would like to see a game with a Toolset set in a modern setting. NWN1, NWN2, Oblivion, Gothic 3, World of Warcraft... people are loaded with fantasy games. Now, I think, we need some modern settings, but maybe with some fantasy/sci-fi elements thrown in for fun. 

I'm thinking stuff like City of Heroes (or Transformers). They're set in the modern world, but they also have plenty of room for comic book heroics.

I think a Superhero RPG would be cool. Something a little more serious and less linear and action based than Freedom Force.

Heck, a single player version of City of Heroes would actually be really cool.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Screw RPGs.

Obsidian should make a simulator called "TheDevs" with some RPG elements and inspirations from The Sims and Dungeon Keeper.

In the groundbreaking "TheDevs", you'd be in command of managing all your developers, like guiding them to the toilet with just a few mouse clicks, ordering in Pizzas, organizing interviews or just give out the paychecks in order to increase contentedness of the whole team.

If your "Devs" are behind the schedule, you have to summon the "Fergienator" (who is upgradeable with viciously powers like "MightyWip" or shout-spells like "IwillFireyou!") who's appereance will increase productivity dramatically.

On top of that, the mighty "Fergienator" could also be used to bring order to the stall. I.e. if your "Devs" start hammering on keyboards or start discriminating the QA staff, you have to use the "Fergienator" carefully to put everything back in order. If you succeed to achieve a milestone on time, the "Fergienator" will level-up and the "Devs" will be rewarded with either candy or 5 hours of WoW.

The single-player campaign ends if you have delivered the Gold-Master to the publisher, although the open-endness nature and the revolutionary AI of "TheDevs" allows player to continue playing the lively world of "TheDevs" on their own and experience amazing things you've never seen before!

You know, thats almost a cool idea. Clean it up a bit, make it a tad more serious. Make it kinda like The Movies, only with video games. Start with a little 2 man operation in a garage in the 80s and by 2006 you have a huge EA type corporation.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg