What's next for Obsidian?

GuardianLegend

I have to agree with CrashGirl.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I have no particular interest in it (heck a Godzilla RPG would be more my line anyhow... :( ), I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing if done well.

That said I'd personnaly rather a lot other types of RPGs before a Transformers one. But I can see with the movie set to be made, Transformers are probably going to be more in the publics mind, I imagine there will be games. Probably action games, but games none the less...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yes, I'm sorry CrashGirl, I meant to type: I'm not sure what personal insecurities compels you to think pointing out how childish you feel Transformers are on a forum which has spent most of its life about Star Wars and soon will aspire to be about Dungeons and the Dragons that live in them is a good method of self-communication (or how your expressing this insight in such a way fails to make you feel like you're not a colossal tool), but your comments are asinine and abusively critical.

Hey, even I have standards! Now I admit they are pretty low, but they DO exist. Believe it or not! 8)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

How does SW and DnD constitute standards?

;)

crud. foiled again.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Another vampire game would be fine.

Too bad they do not have the rights to make another DnD game like Baldur's Gate.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

What's your disappointment with Requiem have to do with Obsidian making a Vampire RPG?

I'd actually prefer a Masquerade game. Dunno, it's just my opinion. I'm sure Obsidz will knock it out of the park no matter the circumstances.

"Too bad they do not have the rights to make another DnD game like Baldur's Gate."

Adding BG3 to VB on the wish list!

Screw RPGs.

Obsidian should make a simulator called "TheDevs" with some RPG elements and inspirations from The Sims and Dungeon Keeper.

In the groundbreaking "TheDevs", you'd be in command of managing all your developers, like guiding them to the toilet with just a few mouse clicks, ordering in Pizzas, organizing interviews or just give out the paychecks in order to increase contentedness of the whole team.

If your "Devs" are behind the schedule, you have to summon the "Fergienator" (who is upgradeable with viciously powers like "MightyWip" or shout-spells like "IwillFireyou!") who's appereance will increase productivity dramatically.

On top of that, the mighty "Fergienator" could also be used to bring order to the stall. I.e. if your "Devs" start hammering on keyboards or start discriminating the QA staff, you have to use the "Fergienator" carefully to put everything back in order. If you succeed to achieve a milestone on time, the "Fergienator" will level-up and the "Devs" will be rewarded with either candy or 5 hours of WoW.

The single-player campaign ends if you have delivered the Gold-Master to the publisher, although the open-endness nature and the revolutionary AI of "TheDevs" allows player to continue playing the lively world of "TheDevs" on their own and experience amazing things you've never seen before!

Yup.

And, I know, M$ holds the rights to the PC on that.  <_<

:sighs:

:lights a candle for the memory of Mechwarrior 2 and for the Battletech books (particularly those written by Michael A Stackpole):

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I preferred the original Mechwarrior over Mechwarrior 2. It's kind of ironic, because the original has wholly inferior graphics, a non-existent sound track, and PC speaker sound. The game mechanics aren't even really all that correct, as the AC-5 was represented as a floating 3-D diamond, and the SRM and LRM packs only displayed a single missile.

But the setting and novelty totally took me by storm. I loved the fact that you were essentially a mercenary, and could build standings with the various Houses. I didn't even recognize that the game did have a story, and I essentially played until I was 87 years old. The news ticker quit reporting news a LOOOOOOONG time ago. But I still loved doing missions. Even if I was decked out entirely with a squad of Battlemasters that would absolutely rip you to shreds once it got you into medium range.