Steve Irwin RIP

Hurlshort

Honestly, why is everyone surprised?

Because he was killed by a stingray.

A fxcking stingray!!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Stung through the heart.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't think people are surprised that he got it, it is HOW he got it. Not only is it surprising because a different animal than what he usually exposes himself to got him, but that stingray stings are usually non-fatal unless they go untreated or sting a person in bad health. Of course, a massive percentage of the people stung by stingrays are ones who step on them and then get it in the leg, not DIRECTLY to the heart.

Bad bad luck. I really enjoyed his happy go lucky style and it is a shame he wont be around for his family and all the kids who got hooked on his show.

"Mommy, why isn't the crocodile hunter on today?" :(

Even bigger tragedy if he had learned something over the years and was starting to tone it down whe he decided to just 'hover' over the ray a bit to close. Haven't watched his show in a while so he was probably pushing it as far as usual.

Oh man... This guy where my idol when i growe up. :( Loved his show then, and loves it now.

He just where at the wrong place at the wronge time, it seems. :(

Requiescat in pace , mate... :(

Edited by Accept

"Mommy, why isn't the crocodile hunter on today?"

Realistically, would anyone actually say that?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It is sad top see a man such as him die but at least he died doing something he loved.  If you are to die that is the best way to die.

Hades, I agree 100%. (:()

Well he lived strong and dangerous ..

A Viking's toast to Steve Irwin, may he live forever in the halls of Valhalla among the brave and the strong!

Salut!

Always sad when someone dies; but he had it coming. It's hard to feel pity for someone who intentionally harasses, and provokes dangerous animals. I feel aorry for his family though. But, like others have said, I guess it's cool because he died doing what he loved.

Stupid, or brave? There's a fine line. I'm sure he was a bit of both.

Go go total misunderstanding!

He was a conservationist, and spent his earnings creating safe havens and habitats for endangered animals.

He did not "harass" animals. He educated people about these animals.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"He was a conservationist, and spent his earnings creating safe havens and habitats for endangered animals."

I don't dispute his love of naimals; but this doesn't change the fact that he harasses them.

Heck, this thread and the way he died proves this. Everyone here (I'm no stingray expert myself so i'll take all your words for it) claim that stingrays aren't really aggressive yet one obviously felt threatened or 'harassed' by Irwin enough to strike at him.

This is par for the course. He enters their space, and gets in their face when he isn't wanted. That's the defintion of harassment. To me, it's no different than a victim of a stalker getting their revenge so to speak.

It's sad he had to die; but hey, he brought it upon himself. It be like me claiming I love bears than going right up to one and say 'hi', and then everyone being shcoked I got killed by a bear when all i did was 'love them'.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So, if Steve Irwin harassed and annoyed animals and then built habbitats for other animals, does that mean Hades is building internet habitats for other internet people?

Edited by thepixiesrock

What does Hades, a questionably obnoxious forum poster, have to do with a guy who ran a zoo and numerous shows to educate the public about animals? From everything I've heard Irwin was simply swimming above the stingray and suffered a freak accident. Now, if Irwin was jabbing the thing than yes, he had it coming.

My father used to be a diver and has had numerous encounters with rays, batrays, sting rays etc. He even once stepped on a stingrays spine and the spine went straight through his toe. He didn't even need to go to the hospital or Dr. for the injury, simply washed the wound off thoroughly in hot water.

Stingrays are generally docile creatures and a good 90% of the cases where someone is stung is from stepping on them. Even when stung, a very small percentage of people are killed by them (Less than 1%). What happened to Irwin was a tragic accident and very ironic. Apparently they were shooting a show about the most dangerous underwater sea creatures, and Irwin decided to film stingrays at a look at some of the lesser dangerous sea creatures. :blink: Indeed they are.

I saw one of his shows once in passing and he seemed to be intentionally getting into the face of a deadly, venom spitting cobra.

It was awesome and stupid at the same time and I have to say he probably had one coming, but I am sad to see such a badass yet easygoing guy go.

Rest in Peace.

"He was a conservationist, and spent his earnings creating safe havens and habitats for endangered animals."

I don't dispute his love of naimals; but this doesn't change the fact that he harasses them.

Heck, this thread and the way he died proves this. Everyone here (I'm no stingray expert myself so i'll take all your words for it) claim that stingrays aren't really aggressive yet one obviously felt threatened or 'harassed' by Irwin enough to strike at him.

This is par for the course. He enters their space, and gets in their face when he isn't wanted. That's the defintion of harassment. To me, it's no different than a victim of a stalker getting their revenge so to speak.

It's sad he had to die; but hey, he brought it upon himself. It be like me claiming I love bears than going right up to one and say 'hi', and then everyone being shcoked I got killed by a bear when all i did was 'love them'.

R00fles!

Yes, swimming in the vicinity of a sea creature equals harassment.

Magical Vologic strikes again!

R00fles!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

R00fles!

Yes, swimming in the vicinity of a sea creature equals harassment.

Magical Vologic strikes again!

R00fles!

Yeah, swimming is not harassment. Harassment is more like grabbing women's b00bs.