Games you are looking forward to

Bokishi

"What's one game title (past or present) that you would have loved to have designed?

These games are sequels to Oblivion and Fallout."

I'm surprised nothing exploded when he mentioned Oblivion and Fallout in the same sentence.

:thumbsup:

I needed the laugh, I'm pretty bummed about Bioshock.

PS3: (not getting it until either of these games are out)

GTAIV

Assassin's Creed

Not that I'm pimping the 360, but those games arn't PS3 exclusives anymore

Assassin's Creed hasn't been a PS3 exclusive for so long it might as well never have been.

I'm officially in the Assassin's Creed anticipation group since the new trailer inspired me to look for confirmation of a PC version. I thought it was console exclusive before and didn't care.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was looking forward to Hellgate London - maybe not with eager drool on my chin, but definitely waiting for it.

I finally got around to watching some videos of some gameplay, and now ... I've lost a lot of my interest. It seems to have a feel of a sci-fi FPS more than an action-RPG. Meh?

Spore, oh Spore, where art thou?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was looking forward to Hellgate London - maybe not with eager drool on my chin, but definitely waiting for it.

I finally got around to watching some videos of some gameplay, and now ... I've lost a lot of my interest. It seems to have a feel of a sci-fi FPS more than an action-RPG. Meh?

Spore, oh Spore, where art thou?

Yep, there's also a rather bizarre payment set-up. There is a regular game that you play for free, and then an elite version that costs monthly fee. I haven't researched it enough to say for certain, but I guess you don't get access to cool stuff without the monthly fee.

It seems to have a feel of a sci-fi FPS more than an action-RPG. Meh?

Just as LadyCrimson loses her interest, mine actually surfaces.

Please... tell me more.

Yes, I got that impression about Hellgate: London too. So I've stopped paying attention to it. If it turns out to be good as an RPG, I'm relying on forumites to let me know. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to:

Mask of the Betrayer

The Black Hound

Any other good user-created modules for NWN or NWN2

possibly Fable 2

Sam & Max Series 2 (fingers crossed)

Simon the Sorceror 4

Gray Matter

very tentatively Fallout 3

Dragon Age

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It seems to have a feel of a sci-fi FPS more than an action-RPG. Meh?

Just as LadyCrimson loses her interest, mine actually surfaces.

Please... tell me more.

Well, it is possibly a little misleading since there's apparently a 1st person zoomed in view, and a lot of the videos are shot using it, possibly to try and attract the FPS crowd. I'm pretty sure the class/skill system would feel Diablo-ish. But even considering all that, gameplay, based on the videos I saw, looks more like Doom3, or MP Doom3, or something. And the fact they're trying to attract the FPS crowd to me means there's probably some dynamic in the game that makes either players or the company itself think there's justification for such a marketing tactic. I don't know. It's hard to tell, but it definitely has me thinking I'll wait before I buy.

There's more than this if you look around, but a couple of the videos I saw:

General spliced together video of in-game play

Some MP footage. You can see the player going in and out of 1st person view as he goes along.

Oh, here's one that's actually from the company, during a news conference or something.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9oZCJiFIyS0

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I believe Hellgate : London can be played in a couple of ways one of them is first person, the other being more like diablo, it's an interesting concept, and I look forwards to playing tha game but I doubt it'll be more involving that say Diablo.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I'll give it marks for trying to be different.

Well, I'm just interested in the idea of having an FPS merge with Diablo... Not that I like diablo but I get the feeling that balance will be a problem, if they have nailed that then awesome.

Plus the FMV's I've seen are real purty.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

• 2 weeks later...

Gamespot don't have a high opinion of Shadowrun:

This multiplayer-only shooter does absolutely nothing with the Shadowrun name, and its unique strengths are offset by a lack of variety.

BUT, they do say good things about Tabula Rasa:

We get our hands on this sci-fi massively multiplayer online game from the creators of Ultima and Ultima Online.

Also, anyone played the new (and only) DirectX10 game: Lost Planet?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Gamespot don't have a high opinion of Shadowrun:
This multiplayer-only shooter does absolutely nothing with the Shadowrun name, and its unique strengths are offset by a lack of variety.

BUT, they do say good things about Tabula Rasa:

We get our hands on this sci-fi massively multiplayer online game from the creators of Ultima and Ultima Online.

Also, anyone played the new (and only) DirectX10 game: Lost Planet?

It's not that new. Been out for the 360 for a while. I played the demo and it still seemed to think it was on the 360. It's an arcade game, more or less. Well, emphasis on more. It actually goes so far as to have a time mechanic like those that used to encourage you to keep pumping in quarters at the arcade only it's not quite as demanding. It's not simply arcade-y, I would swear it was built for a cabinet before they realized that arcades are dead (at least in the US).

Edited by Tale

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Saw this game a while back but gamespy had an interview today and it seems like it could be like a cool game depending on how things go in the future. Then again I'm almost star wars fan boi.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

But ... what about the DirectX10ishness?

the game is visually incredible... but like tale said, the other stuff is meh. It's an arcady game that has a very tenuous attachment to it's storyline. It follows the old recepy of taking the player pointing him in a certain direction and saying GO! with any sort of story placed seemingly after the fact. it's not almost no variety and minimal enemies (well... theres bugs of all kinds and humans, and humans in suits... and thats' really it) I got through about 3/4's of the game before I couldn't stomach going back to the tedium.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Halo 3

Mass Effect (Best looking game. EVER. Don't bother arguing.)

Starcraft 2

Spore

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Starcraft 2

Black Mesa:Source

Overlord

Lair

TLJ Chronicles

Halo 3

Mercenaries 2

That Jerusalem parkour assassin game

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Assassin's Creed PC

Black Mesa: Source

Starcraft 2

And now, thanks to Big Bottom's post and a googled wiki article Civ 4 - Beyond the Sword

That Jerusalem parkour assassin game
Assassin's Creed PC

Cheers.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mass Effect (Best looking game. EVER. Don't bother arguing.)

I won't argue, but I suggest you take one long, hard look at the latest movies from Crysis. Especially the one where they blow the nuke at the end..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!