Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Syriana

I'm still trying to figure out whether Bob was being paralleled with the terrorists as blindly following orders or whether, in the end, his character was acting on account of redemption of realsing the danger of 'following orders.'

Actually I am still trying to figure the whole film. (The second part of the film I downloaded has no sound.)

Ah well the lack of sound would have a part to play in that - perhaps a suggestion to rent it with sound might be a step in remedying the confusion?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

swordfish...

WOOO BOOBIES!

oh and human claymore mines are always fun.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What's a szie? :D

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Wow, today was a good day for Sci Fi.

What Dreams May Come

Dragonfly

The Frighteners

K-Pax

The last two are two of my favorite movies.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Baley - I also recommend Ong-bak, which is basically a string of martial arts demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYW6MyFPz-g&search=ong-bak

Tony Jaa is very talented and has tremendous lower body strength. He needs a stronger upper body though.

Ong-bak

Plot Outline: When the head of Ong-Bak, the sacred Buddha of a poor village is stolen, the population is plunged into misery. The Buddha was the focal point of an anniversary vigil believed to bring rain to the drought-stricken area. Young Ting is selected by the villagers to travel to Bangkok and rescue the relic in time for their ceremony. Ting has an affinity with the statue as he was left on the temple steps as a baby and raised by monks, who taught him muay thai, but forbade him to use it in combat. But now he is forced to delve into a seedy underworld and try to avoid temptation.

I've been avoiding this flick like the claps, the hype surrounding it is incredible, well, I gave it a shot today, here are some thoughts.

- Tony Jaa is completely uncharismatic, sure, he's talented, he's good looking, got himself a nice guy image, I'm certain he's doing well with the ladies or the gents, I guess, he was at times fun to watch, but, and this is a big but, he bores me. His mug bores me, his gestures bore me, even his fancy moves bore me.

- The music was awful, just awful unengaging dreg. I think The RZA did the American score, should've looked for that version, as it stands though, the music kept me detached and staring at the clock.

- The story was a mess, magic Buddha heads? Give me a break. The tone was way too serious for its own good.

- The stunts were great, the first chase sequence, wow, just wow.

- Siamese hurts my ears. Probably the first foreign language to have physically bothered me. And I've watched Finnish and Hungarian flicks, for Christ's sake.

Factotum

Plot Outline: This drama centers on Hank Chinaski, the fictional alter-ego of "Factotum" author Charles Bukowski, who wanders around Los Angeles, CA trying to live off jobs which don't interfere with his primary interest, which is writing. Along the way, he fends off the distractions offered by women, drinking and gambling.

Yeah, I still love this film, Dillon makes for a good Buk.

The Frighteners

I enjoyed the second half of that flick.

Perhaps I'll check Unleashed out, Li's good for the occasional laugh and he's almost always fun to watch.

If you want to see a proper and brilliant Thai movie, you should look no further than The Adventures Of Iron ****.

Pure genius. Really.

Heja Sverige!!

K-Pax always makes me cry.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You are a wise man, Gajo.

It's so nice of you notice. ^_^

Heja Sverige!!

I was going to pounce on you, but then I realised that we don't actually see Cyke die. Neither Pyro.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Xmen3

Alright, too much death in it :wub:

Too many deaths? The only person I saw dying in that film was Jean(the same way Mystique 'died' in X1...) and because of Pheonix, even that can be fixed.

You obviously didnt watch the whole thing or pay attention :)

Charles Xavier died, and so did the cyclops dude :)

Sorry for the spoiler but Xavier doesn't die in X3. And we never see Cyclops die either. We assume he did, especially after what happens to Xavier but I don't recall Phoenix(not Jean) ever saying "I killed Scott" in the movie. If she does I still ask the question: How does 2 deaths = Too many(for a movie. In real life, 1 is too many, of course.)?