Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Yeah, I remember a time when I used to be able to turn on the Sci Fi channel and get a good, standard Hollywood budget Sci Fi film.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Actually, on the Bathory subject, Julie Delpy is making a film based on Elizabeth Bathory's life. She will direct it herself.

There's a 30 something movie I fondly remember where the countess also made an appearance. Quite realistic, not sure how historically accurate, worth checking out.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0071359/

As for today,

Chat Gim (Seven Swords)

Plot Outline: Seven warriors come together to protect a village from a diabolical General.

Boring. Mundane. Pretty. I swapped the disk for the following flick after some 30 minutes.

Zhong Nan Hai bao biao (The Defender)

Plot Outline: A corrupt businessman commits a murder and the only witness is the girlfriend of another businessman with close connections to the Chinese government, so a bodyguard from Beijing is dispatched to help two Hong Kong cops protect the witness. Complications arise when the bodyguard and the witness must confront their deep feelings for one another.

Possibly the worst Jet Li film, the worst I've seen anyway, and after Fong Sai Yuk, well, a disappointment, not enough fighting, too much chatter, horrible translation, cliched script, ugly cinematography. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Or watch it. See if I care.

Mado

Oh, mon frere Sautet you've made better movies, I suppose, more interesting ones at least. The Bourgeoisie, still its aged self, is a bore. At least the girl is hot. Passe.

Dungeons and Dragons II The Dragon Something of the Other

The only way it could have been worse is if they had a Wayans bros. in it.

"Wrath of teh Dragon God" to be precise. And you know, the Wayans bros. would have actually made it better since it couldn't possibly be any worse.

--

Yeah, its been really stormy so I've been vegging out on horrible fantasy via the scifi channel today.

What, like Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King? :lol:

manthing2.jpg

Possibly the worst Jet Li film, the worst I've seen anyway, and after Fong Sai Yuk, well, a disappointment, not enough fighting, too much chatter, horrible translation, cliched script, ugly cinematography. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Or watch it. See if I care.

I never watched it myself but my friends seem to have loved it. Could it possibly be worse than Cradle 2 the Grave? I doubt it. Btw, in early Hong Kong cinema, sex or making out is considered taboo or low-class so they insert boring chichat instead. After all, you can't have a movie that runs 2 hours of pure action... (John Woo's films excluded.)

I never watched it myself but my friends seem to have loved it. Could it possibly be worse than Cradle 2 the Grave? I doubt it. Btw, in early Hong Kong cinema, sex or making out is considered taboo or low-class so they insert boring chichat instead. After all, you can't have a movie that runs 2 hours of pure action... (John Woo's films excluded.)

Don't mind me, what I want out of Jet Li is constant Kung-Fu, sort of like Fist Of Legend, which is basically a walking, breathing, fighting orgasm. There were a few Gun-Fu battles, a big one in a mall, but still pretty ordinary, pretty boring, up until the end where it culminated in an interesting, albeit, uninvolving battle with the big baddie, that sort of describes the whole flick, uninvolving.

Cradle had DMX, an incredibly charismatic person, but yeah, wasn't good, better than this one though.

The Jet Li films I've seen, in order of preference, are, by the way:

Jing wu ying xiong (Fist Of Legend)

Tai ji zhang san feng (Twin Warriors)

Fong Sai-Yuk (The Legend)

Yi tian tu long ji zhi mo jiao jiao zhu (Lord Of The Wu-Tang)

Huo Yuan Jia (Fearless)

Hong Xiguan zhi Shaolin wu zu (Legend of the Red Dragon)

Sat sau ji wong (Hitman)

Fong Shi Yu II: Wan fu mo di (The Legend II)

Ying xiong (Hero)

The One

Hak hap (Black Mask)

Kiss of the Dragon

Romeo Must Die

Cradle 2 the Grave

We just saw an animated version of Sinbad with Brendan Fraser. Horrible. Still, the wife's a big fan of the guy. He's actually a pretty good actor, our Canadian friend.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The Jet Li films I've seen, in order of preference, are, by the way:

Jing wu ying xiong (Fist Of Legend)

Tai ji zhang san feng (Twin Warriors)

Fong Sai-Yuk (The Legend)

Yi tian tu long ji zhi mo jiao jiao zhu (Lord Of The Wu-Tang)

Huo Yuan Jia (Fearless)

Hong Xiguan zhi Shaolin wu zu (Legend of the Red Dragon)

Sat sau ji wong (Hitman)

Fong Shi Yu II: Wan fu mo di (The Legend II)

Ying xiong (Hero)

The One

Hak hap (Black Mask)

Kiss of the Dragon

Romeo Must Die

Cradle 2 the Grave

Not a bad list. I enjoyed many of the above films. Though Kiss of the Dragon would have been higher on my own list. There is another 80s Jet Li film called Legend of the Swordman or something like that where Jet had a romance with a homosexual man (played by a beatiful actress though), I am guessing that there might have been some hilarious translations in that one.

We just saw an animated version of Sinbad with Brendan Fraser.  Horrible.  Still, the wife's a big fan of the guy.  He's actually a pretty good actor, our Canadian friend.

He was great in Encino Man the interplay between himself and Pauly Short's character was magical you still see director trying to copy it to this day, up there with any episode of any season of Charles In Charge.

Home Movies -- season 3

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Dungeons and Dragons II The Dragon Something of the Other

The only way it could have been worse is if they had a Wayans bros. in it.

"Wrath of teh Dragon God" to be precise. And you know, the Wayans bros. would have actually made it better since it couldn't possibly be any worse.

I was trying to figure out which of the female characters was the director's girlfriend. At first I was sure the barbarian, she did this backhandstand thing that I was sure was a talent that could only be know by a sleeping partner, but then the dreary acting of the female mage combined with her mousy appearance made her the most logical choice.

I was trying to figure out which of the female characters was the director's girlfriend. At first I was sure the barbarian, she did this backhandstand thing that I was sure was a talent that could only be know by a sleeping partner, but then the dreary acting of the female mage combined with her mousy appearance made her the most logical choice.

He's a director, he likely has more than one girlfriend. Even bad directors get at least two wannabe starlets.

Not a bad list. I enjoyed many of the above films. Though Kiss of the Dragon would have been higher on my own list. There is another 80s Jet Li film called Legend of the Swordman or something like that where Jet had a romance with a homosexual man (played by a beatiful actress though), I am guessing that there might have been some hilarious translations in that one.

That's Swordsman II (Xiao ao jiang hu zhi dong fang bu bai) I've caught parts of it on TV and will watch the whole flick one day, preferably after seeing the first 3 Once Upon A Time In China films.

There's girl on girl action in the third, I think, no Jet Li though.

Baley, I suggest Danny The Dog (also known as Unleashed). The film suffers a bit from not knowing whether or not it's a drama or an action flick, but both the drama is good and the action is good.

Also, it has Jet Li acting with Morgan Freeman. That's gotta count for something.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I thought that Danny The Dog's dramatic bits were a bit crap, really. I agree that the fighting was great, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

We just saw an animated version of Sinbad with Brendan Fraser.  Horrible.  Still, the wife's a big fan of the guy.  He's actually a pretty good actor, our Canadian friend.

That's that recent Disney version, right? The one that made about $3 million at the box office? Amazing how Disney's had to rely on Pixar to churn out their biggest blockbuster hits.

I remember some of my old myai thai compadres being rather gay for Ong-bak. Especially the part where Jaa sweeps and tackles with both of his legs. They even tried to use it on our teacher. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Syriana

I'm still trying to figure out whether Bob was being paralleled with the terrorists as blindly following orders or whether, in the end, his character was acting on account of redemption of realsing the danger of 'following orders.'

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: