I am a profit

Epiphany

With Blu-Ray players being released to select stores for demonstration purposes, it has now come to light that they are, in fact, inferior to HD-DVD in their current form. They currently have a smaller capacity (25GB for BD to 30GB on HD-DVD), and the current speculation is they're having a hard time getting BD in dual layer format. Sony straight up stated that Blu-Ray was the better format, period. It's not, PERIOD.

I get jumped on for voicing the TRUTH before you all realized it and get flamed to hell and back for stating these facts for you. Face it, you all would have never had access to the beacon of truth that I represent had I been a Sony sheep.

I am a GENIUS

First the PS3/Xbox 360

Now Blu-Ray and HD-DVD

Look, I am interested in purchasing neither

1/ Overpriced massive console

2/ Even more outrageously overpriced, but marginally smaller console

Amazing!

Thank you, mr. epi! Oh, thank you!

Also what is the big whoop about 5 gig?  What are the bandwidth differences, access speed times, digital clarity, and whatnot?

I think Epi is more interested in the fact that Blue-Ray discs are currently inferior to HD-DVD, despite many Sony fanboys' praises of how much better they would be.

Of course, BR's current state is irrelevant. Only the capacity of BR at PS3 launch and the years following really matter.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Who cares if X Box 360 has superior tech if it doesn't have games I want to play on it. The same goes for the Playstation 3. Also I have no real need to have a HD DVD player or Blu Ray.

When it comes to consoles, only the games matter. If the games are lame then the tech behind it is worthless.

I hope I'm not the only one who recognizes the immense irony of the title.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Has to be one of the best post title typos/mispellings ever. :D

And when it comes to console comparisons, I agree with astro's comment (post #7).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Whoa!

i'm going to need to complain about this in my blog AND myspace, and call for a sony boycott. Then i'm going to upload a satirical comic to my devient-art account and all my nerdy friends WITH OPINIONS THAT ACTUALLY MATTER are going to laugh at it.

http://epiphany.youaremighty.com/ !

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

What a yutz.

I mean, this news is relevant and important. I mean, if it's news, because heaven knows we can't trust everything we read. Hell, Sony posts something that isn't as glowing about their product? It's probably Microsoft hacking itno their system. Goes both ways. Maybe it's Nintendo hacking into both sites and causing a war. Two man enter, Nintendo hides the bodies when no-one leaves. Who knows what's going on when there's so much information on one hand and cloak and dagger sorts of non-sense on the other. "ooo, did Ubi have a sheet over the 360 to show Assassin's Creed?" Might help if the source weren't some anonymous fellow at Microsoft. hahahaha

Anyhow, what makes Epiphany a yutz is his manner of delivery. This is important news. With all respect to m'Lady and my stary friend, it's not just the games in this case. Sony is clearly banking on advancing beyond console status with this system. They want to define the next great movement in storage. They want to displace, in a significant way, current home theater systems. They want to encroach upon computers. No, it's not just about the games. If Blu-ray doesn't excel, it will hurt Sony. Skynet is right, however; we can't judge any of this until Sony finishes building the console. Then we won't be throwing out nearly as many theoretical assumptions about the hardware.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I am a profit

Click me, good sir.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Profit was on purpose, otherwise people wouldn't have a reason to whine and cry over my post. I always try and make sure to give people a crutch to lean on when I put them in their place, it makes for much more enjoyable conversation. The PS3 is not the focus of this thread either, as it's the entire format that is being discussed. Blu-Ray is beyond the PS3, hopefully you people will realize that soon enough.

Me > Sony fanboys

Profit was on purpose, otherwise people wouldn't have a reason to whine and cry over my post.  I always try and make sure to give people a crutch to lean on when I put them in their place, it makes for much more enjoyable conversation.  The PS3 is not the focus of this thread either, as it's the entire format that is being discussed.  Blu-Ray is beyond the PS3, hopefully you people will realize that soon enough.

Me > Sony fanboys

:thumbsup:

You aren't fooling anyone, Epiphany, but nice try. As for the Blu-Ray and HD DVD formats I don't particularly care. All the movies I buy are on DVD so I have no reason to get a player. As for the PS3, if it has games I want to play I will buy it. If not, then I won't.

It doesn't matter what the system specs are for a disc player, a recording medium, or a console/computer. If it doesn't have what I want in content then it is irrelevant. If it does, but I can get the same cheaper on something else, then it is irrelevant. If it has something that I want, and available nowhere else, then I consider buying it.

Nothing else matters. If you were as smart as you think you are you would have realize that by now.

Profit was on purpose, otherwise people wouldn't have a reason to whine and cry over my post.  I always try and make sure to give people a crutch to lean on when I put them in their place, it makes for much more enjoyable conversation.

Me > Sony fanboys

That's what I keep trying to tell them!

They just refuse to listen!

With all respect to m'Lady and my stary friend, it's not just the games in this case.  Sony is clearly banking on advancing beyond console status with this system.  They want to define the next great movement in storage.  They want to displace, in a significant way, current home theater systems.  They want to encroach upon computers.  No, it's not just about the games.  If Blu-ray doesn't excel, it will hurt Sony.

I would agree that it is Sony's goal to make the PS3 more than just a gaming machine but instead a home entertainment system, but the public still perceives it as a gaming console first and foremost, with a few nifty gadgets on the side that will likely just collect dust. Thus Hades' point of view ("the games are all that matter") is valid, though a bit off topic since this discussion is about Blue-Ray.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet