Crying Habits

roshan

Frodo, the character, is about as believable as Oscar the Grouch... perhaps less so.  ESPECIALLY in RotK.  If you felt some sort of connection to Frodo, I weep for the future.

P.S. I am 99.9999999% certain that when Atreides said "that part was gay" he meant "that part was lame/stupid/boring." Not literally, gay. Not that I care, either way.

I must agree with Shadowstrider...again. lol

Tho Frodo in the books was much better...the movies tho...badly done imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't read stuff like that.

You know, maybe you could, on a certain day and in a certain state of mind, try expanding your literary horizons or some other, equally pointless, deed of mental self-gratification.

... So no gay space warriors then? That's so gay of you Baley.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

What the hell.. Reading about you nerds going on and on about the LotR movies just made me realize one thing: I think I got something in my eye at the last scene in the last movie myself! When they're standing at the docks and the little gang is about to split up.. Gaah, now I hate myself!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It had good battle scenes. I loved the short cgi bit with the wedge of the goodly army driving into the vast oogy army.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah so in short, I haven't cried since I was a child. What launch said about the crying and men's emotional retardation - I don't agree.

Women cry more than men becuase they are crazy and use it for manipulation. Most men are too honourable to stoop to that kind of emotional blackmail.

Yeah so in short, I haven't cried since I was a child. What launch said about the crying and men's emotional retardation - I don't agree.

Women cry more than men becuase they are crazy and use it for manipulation. Most men are too honourable to stoop to that kind of emotional blackmail.

I've never used my tears for manipulation. Oh, and I'm not crazy. Men are emotionally retarded... I learnt that at uni and from personal experience. It's a sad truth, so accept it. Crying is a form of release and is a good thing if it is required for the said purpose. Keeping things bottled up is unhealthy and leads to further emotional problems.

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I've never used my tears for manipulation. Oh, and I'm not crazy. Men are emotionally retarded... I learnt that at uni and from personal experience. It's a sad truth, so accept it. Crying is a form of release and is a good thing if it is required for the said purpose. Keeping things bottled up is unhealthy and leads to further emotional problems.
gall.gif

-"I must agree wholeheartedly with the young lady here.

It's a proven fact that due to men's cranial structure

they are substantially retarded emotionally speaking.

It's also a proven fact that men's expanded cranial

capacity gives them increased intelligence and

sometimes even telekinetic abilities.

Also, everyone knows that if they teach it at uni,

it must be true, and will always be as it's the case

with the undeniable truth derived from phrenology

and craniometry."

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Unfortunately I'm not overly familiar with SF literature. Burroughs, I think, has some elements in The Nova Trilogy, but it's experimental prose and I doubt that's your thing.

Have you read any Genet?

Nope I haven't, I'm not much of a reader. Too much skull, too little inside that cares for anything other than said themes. :ermm:

Oh and I'll have to agree with Launchie (this is hard for me), it's not healthy to let stuff bottle up inside. All this macho bull**** will just **** you up, as evident in bramans avatar... I love you...

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Oh snap! Of course it has a direct bearing on you. Just like mine, I'm kinda thick and I like to fire my gun. xD

Seriously though, stop crying. :angry:

DENMARK!

Oh just given that you kinda hated me the other day for the terrorist thing. :ermm:

DENMARK!

I often find myself trying to cry, but it's almost as though someone were watching and I can't go. Ironically you easily start to cry when you're talking about what's bothering you with someone close, but that's also when you try to hold your tears back.

When my grandmother died last summer I didn't cry, because it was so expected due to her illness. I did, however, cry at the funeral which felt really good afterwards since I felt that I wanted to cry but didn't think I'd actually do it.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

That assumes that crying is the only way to prevent things from bottling up.

Well, if you talk about your problems first then you can probably avoid it bottling up. I've tried both, I prefer just having a few talks with someone. (though family and parents in particular hardly fit this role imo)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!