Crying Habits

roshan

What can I say Sur, it's not like you folks don't know me.

And Mr. Numbers... leave the humourous picture posts for those that are qualified for it :ermm:
Aw, that almost hurt. Tell you what, I'll leave humor to those qualified for it when you do the proper with sarcasm. How's that sound?

Anyway, I'm all for discussing topics. But when people make broad generalizations (in a rather provocative fashion) and go around flashing their credentials (and OMG personal experience!) as all the justification they need to talk rubbish, I tend to snap.

And hey, one last thing. Your newly-acquired degree in psychobabble doesn't give you carte blanche to patronize. Deal with it.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot: :-

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah so in short, I haven't cried since I was a child. What launch said about the crying and men's emotional retardation - I don't agree.

Women cry more than men becuase they are crazy and use it for manipulation. Most men are too honourable to stoop to that kind of emotional blackmail.

I've never used my tears for manipulation. Oh, and I'm not crazy. Men are emotionally retarded... I learnt that at uni and from personal experience. It's a sad truth, so accept it. Crying is a form of release and is a good thing if it is required for the said purpose. Keeping things bottled up is unhealthy and leads to further emotional problems.

That assumes that crying is the only way to prevent things from bottling up.

Sometimes smashing things up, prevents it from bottling up too :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sometimes smashing things up, prevents it from bottling up too  :rolleyes:

What's with the eye roll?

Honestly ?

I noticed your avatar and thought of icehockey. Those guys relieves a bit of emotional stress every now and then through other means than crying...

:):rolleyes::rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh just given that you kinda hated me the other day for the terrorist thing.  :rolleyes:

I don't hate you sweetie :)

Crying is a form of release and is a good thing if it is required for the said purpose. Keeping things bottled up is unhealthy and leads to further emotional problems.

I said it is *a* form, Mr. Schu... it's just the least destructive form apart from talking problems through :rolleyes:

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

One of the hardest things for me was when i my mother died the worst thing was that you could not even speak to her say good bye, or how feelt about her going to die. My mother is the strongest person i have ever known.

Before she got sick again i know that she considered sucide from the many letters and journals she have left behind. But when she got sick and knew that she had tops five years to live she made up her mind that life was important and giving enuf to live.

She never complained about her pain and frustrantion she must have feelt at not being able to live her life like she wanted but she was always kind and caring about others.

Before she died i always mocked the idea of an afterlife but when she was about to die and after she died i can understand peoples need for and afterlife.

If there is an afterlife and there is some sort of heaven and she is not there not there then no one deserves to go to heaven.

I've never used my tears for manipulation. Oh, and I'm not crazy.

Men are emotionally retarded... I learnt that at uni and from personal experience. It's a sad truth, so accept it. Crying is a form of release and is a good thing if it is required for the said purpose. Keeping things bottled up is unhealthy and leads to further emotional problems.

I'm going to disagree with you there, because you are making a rash generalization. I think your perspective is skewed, because it was from a personal experience. I mean, women can be just as emotionally retarded, unfortunetely, I can't make that claim, nor can you rightfully, because there is no correct emotional state. There may be a state of emotion relative to every person. And, let's say there is a correct emotional state, how do we decide what it is? Is one way of emotions more correct than another? Even if the person is happy?

People have different reactions to things, relative to the person. Not all humans' default reaction would be to cry. It has nothing to do with being macho or emotionally retarded, it's just how that person deals with things.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't really think I'm emotionally retarded from not crying. Emotionally retarded from other things sure, but not from lack of crying.

Usually when I have a problem I'm too busy confronting it to sit down and cry. I face my problems head on and I generally do the same thing with people after a long talk with myself deciding whether I should.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Yeah so in short, I haven't cried since I was a child. What launch said about the crying and men's emotional retardation - I don't agree.

Women cry more than men becuase they are crazy and use it for manipulation. Most men are too honourable to stoop to that kind of emotional blackmail.

I've never used my tears for manipulation. Oh, and I'm not crazy. Men are emotionally retarded... I learnt that at uni and from personal experience. It's a sad truth, so accept it. Crying is a form of release and is a good thing if it is required for the said purpose. Keeping things bottled up is unhealthy and leads to further emotional problems.

This is a very unfair observation and says more about you and the kind of men you choose to hang out with rather than men in general.

I'm retarded in many ways, but not emotionally.

(Yes, I know I'm going to be the butt of many jokes for that comment, because people here have absolutely no imagination when it comes to joking and mocking.)

Edited by TrueNeutral

I miss the old pixies. :wub:

I've never used my tears for manipulation. Oh, and I'm not crazy.

Men are emotionally retarded... I learnt that at uni and from personal experience. It's a sad truth, so accept it. Crying is a form of release and is a good thing if it is required for the said purpose. Keeping things bottled up is unhealthy and leads to further emotional problems.

Gonna have to agree with the others. Unfair generalization, Ms. Launch.

That's like me saying "All women are emotional flaming train wrecks" or "All women, starting from their teenage years and ending in the late 20's, always fall for a55holes." See? Nice and fair. :p

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Sometimes smashing things up, prevents it from bottling up too :wub:

Well the, how about Angry Combing Your Hair.

[Edited by Walsingham for unnecessary lewdness]

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sometimes men have a more difficult time expressing emotions in words, but that doesn't mean they're emotionally lacking. And I've met lots of guys who were a lot more emotional & emotionally expressive than I ever am.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not emotionally lacking, if you catch my meaning!

Am I right fellas? I mean, am I right?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Sometimes men have a more difficult time expressing emotions in words, but that doesn't mean they're emotionally lacking. And I've met lots of guys who were a lot more emotional & emotionally expressive than I ever am.

Are you talking about the superstars..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

lol, no, I wasn't referencing anything like that....but thanks for the link, that was amusing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Indeed.

Actually, just to demonstarte how weird I am, I got all teared up (not actually crying though) watching the extras about Firefly. :huh:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.