WHICH IS COOLER? KOTOR1 OR KOTOR2?

OMG KOTOR 1 FTW!!!!!!! ;)

I LOVE CAPS LOCK, WOOT!!!

Seriously, doesn't people use search. Duh. <_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I liked what they wanted to do with K2's story. K1 could have been a standalone game, but I felt it was closer to the Movies than K2. I think K2 is cooler because of the story's originality.

Edited by aerowars617

kotor 1 simply because it was original, if kotor 3 comes out then id have to say kotor 2 because their is a ending to the story in k2 it was like a cliffhanger book at the end of the chapter and the rest of the book is blank. I think you will find peoples oppinions of k2 will get better when k3 comes out

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

KOTOR 2 because of all the news features they had in it whose really promising: prestige classes and the influence system notably.The story was ,in opinion,better and went deeper than in KOTOR 1.I like when Kreai talks about the death of the force and how you lightside and darkside actions echoed in the force.Even if it was a rushed game(thanks to Lucasarts :ermm: )it was better in every aspects except the first planet(Peragus)to his predecessor.

I'm a latecomer here, just finished KOTOR2 today, so I can now officially post here :blink:.

Well I love both games, actually. I liked the epic levels and prestige classes of KOTOR 2. I liked the sense of closure of KOTOR 1 more, though. I would've liked a more satisfying denouement in KOTOR 2, though it was kind of OK (of course, I learned recently that Lucasarts rushed it, so that possibly explains this). But, all in all, I enjoyed both greatly enough to want, or crave for, a third game.

I do hope Obsidian gets the chance of doing it.

OMG KOTOR 1 FTW!!!!!!!  :lol:

I LOVE CAPS LOCK, WOOT!!!

Seriously, doesn't people use search. Duh. <_<

+25 Hades Points.

I thought we went over this: people who are new to this forum wouldn't benefit by necroposting the same 20 threads over and over (each would be 500 pages long or something). For guys like Hierogrammate (see post above this one), these topics are new, interesting, and enjoyable. You've seen these same threads a billion times, but nobody is forcing you to enter them. Step out of the way and let the new guys have some fun.

On Topic: K2 was cooler. K1 was the better game.

Edited by Blank

I thought we went over this: people who are new to this forum wouldn't benefit by necroposting the same 20 threads over and over (each would be 500 pages long or something). For guys like Hierogrammate (see post above this one), these topics are new, interesting, and enjoyable. You've seen these same threads a billion times, but nobody is forcing you to enter them. Step out of the way and let the new guys have some fun.

On Topic: K2 was cooler. K1 was the better game.

Well yeah, but doesn't best Sw game thread fill this purpose, I mean, you can vote k1 or k2.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

K1: well, I salute BioWare for having the guts to try a space setting for an RPG when a lot of people told them it would not work. K1 also had really decent immersion, especially on Taris.

however, K1 was not only a rip-off of the OT but also a repacking of any other BioWare RPG.

K2: less polish than the first including lack of textures in the graphics, missing or incomplete sidequests, and more bugs than the first (especially for PC version).

story was good but may have been a stretch for Star Wars (which is not really about anamolies....anamolies is more Dr Who or Star Trek fare). also, since the publisher wanted to open the story of K1 back up, K2's story was little more than filler....but filler that was very well presented.

all in all, the story was more of an "adult" story and with gameplay enhancements such as influence, K2 is my favorite and the one I am more likely to replay.

I agree with much of what's been said.

Kotor 1 was a good game, and set new standards for movie-quality story-telling and voice acting. Sadly, this reinforces the trend towards shorter games, and makes it less likely we will ever see a true successor to Baldur's Gate 2.

Kotor 2 aimed even higher, but fell because the later stages were misconceived or rushed or both. It was more interesting and thought-provoking, but also less satisfying.

On balance, I'd vote for K1, but they are very different animals.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Somehow, Kreia makes a statement about how Sith are portrayed both K1 and K2 that could deflate importance themes that were associated with Sith. It goes something like: You think all of the droids and machines are that of the Sith? You are wrong, the Sith is a belief, an ideal, etc.

Wonder if it is a lack of inclusion of dialogue and content in K2 that made it sort of ambiguous, or was it simply due to Kreia's departing words assuming that the TSL Restoration Project could deliver a mega patch it has undertaken that de-characterised whatever initial expectations that were related to the Sith?

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I like both games, but I think K2 is the better one.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]