Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Signs its hard to really pinpoint the worse part of this movie, but if I were a betting man I would have to say its the idea that an alien invansion could be defeated by simply turning on your garden hose and going at it.

That part I didn't mind...I thought it was a nice twist. (even though there's water in our atmosphere and for some reason didn't affect them whatsoever) My biggest beef was how the aliens had the technology to travel here, and yet didn't use any of it for the actual damn invasion. Heck, they couldn't even bust through a door. How lame is that?

The first Fast and Furious was a decent flick, and it even got decent ratings to boot. 

It was at that. I didn't think so until I had Torque inflicted upon me on an aeroplane. Now that's a bad movie. :-

Signs its hard to really pinpoint the worse part of this movie, but if I were a betting man I would have to say its the idea that an alien invansion could be defeated by simply turning on your garden hose and going at it.

They copied that from the Day of the Triffids movie (the book was better - much). I liked Signs - the music was good and films that endeavour not to show the source of the menace are sometimes more interesting than those with fancy special-effects monsters. Good acting, too. I feel sometimes that most science fiction is rather silly if you actually think about it - or if you know something about the area of science that's being fiddled with - but maybe it's best just to sit back and enjoy the ride.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

My problem is if they have the technology to get here and they know that water can kill them, why the hell would they go after a planet thats surface is 71% water, its retarded.

Edit:

I did laugh really hard when Mel Gipson ran around the house yelling "I'm insane with anger."

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

My problem is if they have the technology to get here and they know that water can kill them, why the hell would they go after a planet thats surface is 71% water, its retarded.

For the danger? The thrill of the hunt? Since they have the technology to get here, they're unlikely actually to need anything we have and certainly wouldn't need to set foot on the planet. No-one said aliens have to be logical. :-

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

A review of the last Fast and Furious movie, from the best film review site in the world.

http://www.bigempire.com/filthy/

Edit: Watch out for the language.

Thats the guy who gave Glitter 5/5 right?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A review of the last Fast and Furious movie, from the best film review site in the world.

http://www.bigempire.com/filthy/

Edit: Watch out for the language.

Thats the guy who gave Glitter 5/5 right?

Yeah. You should read that review. It's quite hilarious.

I saw Tideland today. It's Gilliam's new film, and it's very interesting. Not his best work, but still pretty great. It's very screwed up, though.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Every time my hubby & see commercials for this film, we go "Whhhyyyyy??"

And that was one funny review. :D

I'm now running through the 4th season of 24. Still the weakest, but it's fun watching Chloe kick butt.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yup. And the 100 nuclear threats, which I found rather silly. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's what I mean...the whole over-ride device thing/perfection of timing needed to pull it all off wasn't convincing to me.

I haven't seen season 5 yet...was it any better?

That's what I mean...the whole over-ride device thing/perfection of  timing needed to pull it all off wasn't convincing to me.

I haven't seen season 5 yet...was it any better?

I don't recall the override requiring absolutely insaneo timing. Though it was the first real thing (as we all knew Heller's kidnapping was a diversion). Have you finished all of Season 4? There are other things I'd like to talk about, but don't want to spoil anything.

I did like Season 5 better.

Yes, I've seen all the previous 4 more than once. >_<

The override didn't have insane timing but I guess...I just didn't buy it. I hope season 5 didn't have an inside CTU mole type character either, because I'm getting tired of those.

I found the override neat because I wasn't really expecting it (at the beginning of the season).

What I didn't like was that was just one step in a great many plots, that included hijacking a stealth fighter to shoot down the president, to acquire a black book, to steal a missile, to launch it, and so on

I can't remember if there is or is not a mole in CTU this time.

I thought you were going to link to the new Citroen advert (ice-skating tranformer C4) ... as it is, the attache case looks okay ... pity it has so many rubbish films in it. :)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I thought you were going to link to the new Citroen advert (ice-skating tranformer C4) ... as it is, the attache case looks okay ... pity it has so many rubbish films in it. :)"

Nah, if I was going to link to that it would have been when I first saw it like 3 or 4 weeks ago. Definitely a cool commercial.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

@alan - I agree, it did have too many plots/sub-plots for my liking as well.

Albertson's had Batmen Begins widescreen for $7 so I'm in the middle of watching that. One of those films that I love visually moreso than the overall picture.

Nah, if I was going to link to that it would have been when I first saw it like 3 or 4 weeks ago. Definitely a cool commercial.

Yeah, I particularly like the headlight-eyes. :ermm:

Watched Core again. It isn't worth watching more than once, that's for sure: now I can confirm that.

(The initial fun of picking the science flaws doesn't compete too well with the crap plot, narrative, characters direction and dialogue that becomes painfully and obviously so, papered over the framework of average special effects.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Click

Surprisingly good. It is of course the 2006 version of A Christmas Carol but the lack of originality doesnt hurt too bad. Several scenes has me laughing very hard out loud. Also his movie wife is a bionic hottie.

Firewall

Not too bad but then again I was expecting to hate it so anything was a step up.