Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Reckon some of you would enjoy this:

Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe - YouTube.

Imdb

Plot Summary: A film exactly described by its title. German film director Herzog had made a bet with fledgling director Errol Morris that, if Morris made a film, Herzog would eat his shoe. Morris went on to film 'Gates of Heaven', so Herzog kept his promise. While eating the boiled shoe, Herzog carries on a dialogue with the film premier audience on film, art, and life.

Reckon some of you would enjoy this:

Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe - YouTube.

Imdb

Plot Summary: A film exactly described by its title. German film director Herzog had made a bet with fledgling director Errol Morris that, if Morris made a film, Herzog would eat his shoe. Morris went on to film 'Gates of Heaven', so Herzog kept his promise. While eating the boiled shoe, Herzog carries on a dialogue with the film premier audience on film, art, and life.

This... is ART. Pure ART.

Personally, I just watched Ray. Man, Ray Charles is the least sympathetic blind character ever. I did not enjoy because he was pretty much a dingo throughout the entire film and since I had the foreknowledge that his career did, in fact, not fail, I pretty much spent the entire film being annoyed at life's injustice.

Jamie Fox played it well, though.

Pixies directed me to the real movie thread. :Eldar's giving pixies a bemused smile icon:

So, my wife forced some sort of Loony Toons w/Brendan Frazier movie on me. Then I made her watch Millers Crossing. Finally, we ended with the Quiet American.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That Looney Toons thing is a Joe Dante movie, isn't it?

Also, the other ones were pretty great choices.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't know about the Loony Toons movie. I mostly played Hitman while she watched it. Thank goodness for good headphones.

Millers Crossing is one of my favorite movies.

I've introduced my wife to some real classics. What a deprived child. She hadn't seen Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, or Groundhog Day if it weren't for me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Saw Superman 1 and 2 this week on TV. (Still waiting for "Returns" <_< )

Lots of flaws in the second one. I suppose being aware of behind the scenes turmoil makes them more evident.

I really hate Margot Kidder as Lois Lane. Looking at her drug addled features and listening to her scratchy voice is irritating. Even the ridiculous soft focus didn't help. Clark Kent was achump to fall for that Lois Lane.

I just watched "Grandma's Boy"

Now I must admit, I went in expecting very little. I thought it might be worth a few laughs. I was actually pleasantly surprised. It was like a Cheech and Chong movie for gamers. The whole plot revolves around a group of game testers. It was fairly realistic, although the game testers were treated way better than they are in reality. It wasn't that far from the mark in many ways. I'll go ahead and recommend it to any gamers out there. Don't go in expecting high art, but it is worth a few laughs.

Penn & Teller - PETA. YouTube.

Penn & Teller

Plot Summary: Using a combination of set ups, descriptions, rants and film of practitioners, Penn & Teller show the Bull **** that's everywhere. The initial show covers mediums or Talkers to the Dead. Penn Jillette explains in the first program that while calling someone a liar or a con man is actionable, "Bull ****" is safe. Each show has a topic such as Mediums, Fenn Shui, Medical devices or **** Enlargement. Using humor and experts, they debunk the Bull ****.

+

Once Upon A Time In The West

B0000AUHPG.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1062001132_.jpg

Plot Outline: Epic story of a mysterious stranger with a harmonica who joins forces with a notorious desperado to protect a beautiful widow from a ruthless assassin working for the railroad.
Edited by Baley

Torque. A horrible movie. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

I worked on a game for that movie. It was cancelled due to crappage but apparently the game project was a go because Torque is one the top 100 money makers of all time... No kidding...

I just saw that today... it was weird when the two girls were like dueling with their crotch rockets. It was almost as unrealistic and crappy as Ice Cube's acting.

Crash. 

It bugs me that the only person who consistently showed character throughout the movie was the locksmith. 

The politician was sleazy, the movie producer didn't have any balls, and then when he did he went all f**king crazy about it, the rookie cop, while seeming to have a change of heart during the middle there was still a goddamn coward when the sh!t hit the fan.  Hell, I ended up liking the carjacker better'n anyone else. 

I saw that too. I thought it was dull and didn't really characterize anyone. Some rough racism commentary, but not really a good movie.

Oh, I also saw the ending of American Beauty. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I watched the original Dawn Of The Dead last night. It was alright, and I've seen it before, but I kind of prefer the modern one a little more.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.