Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Anyone in their right mind should check out the Mexican movie Amores Perros. It's a really good movie with three beautifully intertwined stories dealing with the complexity of escapism in Mexico City. A word of warning, though, regarding all the gore and wounded/dead dogs.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I didnt even know the second D&D flick was out, cool.

Anyway, watched Freedomland. Pretty bad. One of my favorite actors, SLJ, seems to have degenerated to only being able to yell his lines. Huge plot hole (he "ownes" those projects but didnt know there was a white lady working in the basement with the children for years) and bad acting all around. Meh.

Not a movie, but I just saw an episode of "The L World".

The show itself was kind of lame, but what caught my attention was Mia Kirshner. Hotness personified.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just watched "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" and was pleasantly surprised.  It was an excellent detective comedy.  The director's style was unique and entertaining.

isn't that the musical where they sing about the green green dress with twenty buttons and a strap?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I watched The Good, The Bad & The Ugly last night. Although it's a great, great film, I would not recommend it as a date flick . Lesson learned.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just watched [most of] Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow against forumite advice.

I was pleasantly surprised and I enjoyed the hell out of it. At least up until the DVD futzed out near the end of it. There's a scratch on it that I didn't notice before that only seems to affect the last ten minutes or so before the credits, good thing I kept the receipt, I'll trade it for a different copy.

What was it that you all found so horrid about this movie? Have you never watched Flash Gordon?

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Well. At least Jude Law was hot. Maybe beautiful's a better word. The whole movie looked pretty good. Liked it. Haven't seen it in over a year now, though. Tastes change. Shame bout that.

Edited by Baley

I think the reason people don't like this is because they don't get it.  You have to be familiar with the source material.

Familiarity with the source material should not be required to enjoy a good movie(the only flaw of Serenity IMHO). It's only a bonus for those who possess such knowledge.

Bollocks. You can enjoy both those films knowing diddlysquat about the source material. They're popcorn flicks. Nothing more. They depend on the action. On cheap thrills and cheaper sensations. Giving them nerdboys tangled vibes in their undies. Heaven.

Just finished Constantine.

ConvoKiller87: GUM?!!

m3t4d1g1t4l: ?

ConvoKiller87: GUM!!!

ConvoKiller87: The ending to Constantine.

m3t4d1g1t4l: WHERE!?!?

ConvoKiller87: GUM!

m3t4d1g1t4l: I haven't seen it

ConvoKiller87: F**kers.

m3t4d1g1t4l: (I hope you haven't spoiled it)

ConvoKiller87: They got the first half right.

ConvoKiller87: Up until then I was willing to say it was teh best comic book movie evah.

ConvoKiller87: Then second half everything goes all crazy.

ConvoKiller87: The Snob switches teams.

m3t4d1g1t4l: seen Phantom yet?

ConvoKiller87: No.

ConvoKiller87: Phantom?

ConvoKiller87: Anyhow, the ending.

ConvoKiller87: Both endings.

ConvoKiller87: HE GETS A STICK OF GUM OUT OF HIS POCKET INSTEAD OF A ****!

ConvoKiller87: WHAT THE HELL?!!

ConvoKiller87: He wasn't greatful for the second chance in the comics.

ConvoKiller87: He just went right on smokin'.

ConvoKiller87: F**kin' movie peoples.

Jim is also disappointed they cut the scenes with Ellie out. I could care less if Constantine's English, the feel was right for the first half, then it went all stupid.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Some Persona. More for the actresses than for the film itself. Who, while a masterpiece, grows older and older as we age. Old broads aren't stimulating. But this one's still got her looks. Love it.

Which begs the question. I've narrowed it down to two. The most beautiful women in the world. One's dead.

ba.jpg or MBDBREA_EC001_T.JPG

Bibi Andersson and Jean Seberg

Yes, Pidesco, the picture's from

Admit it, Baley. You love Nouvelle Vague.

Heja Sverige!!

SkyC had pretty visuals, but I thought the acting/directing was stiff and horrid, among other things. I couldn't even watch it all, I walked away. *shrug*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Do you even know how many time I've had to wash my face with Fassbinder or Herzog?

That just conjured up an image of you literally washing your face with Fassbinder's fat, hairy body. :p

Heja Sverige!!

My roomate is watching Gummo.

I can really only watch up until the guy pimps out his retarded sister, then the urge to go to Ohio and start killing people becomes too great.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.