Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Ultraviolet

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370032/

A mindless action movie with hollow charactares who you can't relate to, and rather dull story. And don't get me wrong, I like vampire movies, and action (Underworld), but this one was just sad.

There's also so many illusion breakers in the action scenes that even if you wont care for the characters or the story it's still not even a good action movie.

Dead Birds

Pretty low budget horror flick that wasn't so much scary as it was unsettling. Some neat ideas, not the best but not the worst acting, creepy creatures, and a nice surprise ending, which leads to some rather disturbing thoughts.

Have to pay attention to the story though to really get it.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Nacho Libre, Advanced Screening.

Funny ass movie, had me in stitches all the way through, still wondering how my little town got picked for an advanced showing.

It should be noted though that I've been told that I have awful taste in movies. It should also be noted that I was told this by a film major so I'm not sure if it really counts for the masses.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Both Bourne movies.  :)

Those and Doom. :">

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

24, first season, in a 2 day marathon. 3rd time I've watched it, gets a little better each time. Still like 2nd season best - which ironically, is the only one I haven't yet bought on DVD.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"I just got done watching the entire Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, from begining to end.

Grrr. Argh."

I'm actually doing this right now. I'm near the end of season 5. It reminds me how there is very little in teleivison that comes even comes close to the 'Buffyverse' series (both of them). Awesome stuff. :(

I'm also currently watching Angel on Space. Wesley is easily the best character ever to be seen on television.

Also, anyone who think Buffy gets worse as the series goes on is wrong. It gets better. Going back, and watchings easons 1, and 2 (espciially season 1) is almost painful comapred to the level of acting found later on.

BUFFY + ANGEL 4 EVAR! (the show not the characters; they had their chance but they blew it) :cool:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As much as I don't agree with anything you and Hades post Volo I am guilty of owning both series. Although I though season two and three of Buffy were really good.

Last night I was up late watching Fistfull Of Dollars. That Clint Eastwood is a badass.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"Although I though season two and three of Buffy were really good."

They were good. Believe me, if I didn't think seasons #1-#3 weren't good, I would ahve given up on the series.

My problem is comapring them to later seasons. Watch the later seasons then going back to watch season 1 is rather painful. It's obvious that the actors (not to mention customer deisgners, directors, and so learned on the job.

If Season 6 Sarah Michelle Gellar did Season 1, it would be much ebtter... and, if Season #1 SMG did Season 6, it would come off not as well (espicially dealing with her death and subsequent ripping from Heaven)...

:(

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

has anyone ever seen these movies:

The Holy Grail

What do you think about these movies?

I love Monty Python stuff. Best part of Holy Grail was the killer rabbit lol. All of it had me in tears though. I actually didn't watch it until after I'd seen Princess Bride..and I realized the makers of that probably geared a lot of stuff towards THG. I've read the Princess Bride book too..the movie is WAY better.

My hubby was trying to get me to watch BSG. I guess the first season is not as good as the rest (like most long series). I'm trying to get into watching it but it's been slow going :luck:

Also I REALLY need to go see Xmen 3..I loved the first movies and watched the cartoons religiously as a kid. Can't wait to see Jean Grey as Phoenix :D Wolverine's my favorite character, but I'm excited about them finally putting Beast in there.

I've also never seen all the Angel episodes. I caught a few here and there, but I was a huge Buffy fan so it was hard to watch a spinoff that almost never had her in it. Now that it's been a while I'd like to watch them I suppose. The debate between people on what's better, Buffy or Angel, has always cracked me up I must say :lol:

I just watched "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" and enjoyed it tremendously. It was a a good cowboy movie with excellent acting. I recommend it highly.

I also watched "16 Blocks" and thought it was decent. Bruce Willis was interesting, to say the least. It was a decent action flick with good acting. If you don't enjoy Mos Def, it might be painful. I like the guy.

Edited by Hurlshot

Also I REALLY need to go see Xmen 3..I loved the first movies and watched the cartoons religiously as a kid.

You really aren't real. That's a shame. The cartoons started airing in '92, in other words when I was a kid. Your profile says that you were born in '72, that means you were twenty when the first X Men cartoon aired.

My apologies if I'm mistaken, but I noticed this after wondering what your age was when you were talking about watching the X Men cartoons as a kid after mentioning you were married.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

My god Fionavar posted in a thread and he didn't close it or reprimand someone!!!

I have a stack of DVDs I've bought sitting here. You guys decide what I watch next.

Let's see.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

The Exorcist: The Beginning

Constantine

Phantom of the Opera

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Throw away Sky Craptain. Watch the original Exorcist if you have not done so. Then... uh... Constantine I suppose. o:)

Did Sky Captain really end up that bad? The previews for it looked good, and it was 3 for ten at the Blockbuster. Basically I've just been picking up whatever catches my interest from their Previously Viewed DVDs because they cost a negligible amount more than a rental.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Did Sky Captain really end up that bad? 

Yes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts