Firefly

metadigital

I just spent all night trawling the W-OT forum for any Firefly / Serenity threads, and there were none in the ten page cache.

So here we are.

I have Serenity on order (the superior European regional PAL encoding format, not the inferior NTSC copy that was available before Christmas) and I treated myself to the entire series on DVD (

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Fionavar and Kumquat have both convinced me to buy the series. You just added incentive where none was needed. Also, you're a busy man on the forum today.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Theres a bunch of fans who are trying to get together the funds to buy the rights to the series so they can possibly make a 2nd season if they can find a station willing to air it or if they can get a direct distribution model that works.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Theres a bunch of fans who are trying to get together the funds to buy the rights to the series so they can possibly make a 2nd season if they can find a station willing to air it or if they can get a direct distribution model that works.

Do they really need to buy the rights? I thought Joss Whedon had control of them, as he just did a movie. Whedon doesn't seem terribly opposed to continuing the Serenity story. I would think any money they raised could be used directly for production costs.

Mr Whedon let the cat out of the bag in his commentary of "Objects in Space": he says (just as Keeley and Simon are about to kiss and Shepherd Book appears, stage left): "Hey, don't stop them, they canned the series, so they don't get together later!" (or words to that effect).

Sounds like the studio decided not to indulge Mr Whedon past the initial dozen episodes.

:D

Anyone care to name their favourite scene / episode (and why, of course)?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Let me throw a few character at you.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds. Perfect embodiment of leader caste. Takes precisely the correct action to obtain the best result for his responsibilities (i.e. his crew and their welfare) in every situation. Like clockwork. Perfect avatar / exemplar.

I also like the Wash-Zoe relationship. Not a boring clich

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I liked the series much better than the movie. Not that the movie wasn't decent, the series just had more oomph! :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, lets just say, the series had more bite. And yes, the girls are generally good looking :">

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, lets just say, the series had more bite.

As a whole I would agree, on a per episode basis i would not.

I think one of whedon's strengths is the chracter inteplay in his ensemble cast thingies - the banter, the injokes, domestic drama etc. Taking each episode as a self contained unit, much of the character driven aspect would be lost on the audience.

If you meant bite as in mandibular, then i definitely disagree. :D the film has plenty.

Edited by Surreptishus

I've seen the movie, it caught my interest because it's sci-fi. I never heard of Firefly until I watched the movie. I'll have to see if the tv series is on DVD to watch that.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The chicks are hot.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I've seen the movie, it caught my interest because it's sci-fi. I never heard of Firefly until I watched the movie. I'll have to see if the tv series is on DVD to watch that.

IT IS ON DVD!!!

You would have seen that had you read the first post! <_< :rolleyes::ermm:

I meant to see if its in the store near where I live.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Haw, haw, haw.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It's really great. Those of you that haven't watched it, do it now. To think that stuff this good got the shaft and other crap is still going strong makes me want to kill some TV exec.

The show has some of the best lines ever, too.

"Say, this "emergency" wouldn't happen to be taking place in someone's pants, would it?"

Mal 4TW

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Oh-ho, zing!

It's really great. Those of you that haven't watched it, do it now. To think that stuff this good got the shaft and other crap is still going strong makes me want to kill some TV exec.

The show has some of the best lines ever, too.

"Say, this "emergency" wouldn't happen to be taking place in someone's pants, would it?"

Mal 4TW

Form the DVD commentary it seems that the network was never really interested in the show in the firsr place. :thumbsup: It was doomed from the get go.

I think Fox know they are going to burn in hell anyway, so why make any effort?

My favourite Malcolm Reynolds/series moment is when Capt. Reynolds marches into the hostage situation in the pilot episode, followed by Reynolds in the duel, followed closely by Jayne's hat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.